Treating A High Ankle Sprain With Using Peat Remedies

Velve921

I would like everyones input on this one...and feel free to get creative!

What would be Peat remedies for a high ankle sprain?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Red light was my first thought.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

My thoughts are red light, epsom salt, bone broth, and milk. Thoughts?

BingDing

Red light and a bag of CO2 were my first thoughts. Broth and milk applied it topically don't indicate to me. Ooh, how about crushed aspirin applied topically, with olive oil maybe. Injecting glucose into a wound is actually a therapy I saw on a doctor's web site, it'd be pretty ballsy to do it yourself.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I atually heard someone mention CO2 bags...what is your experience? Do you have a link of a bag you recommend? Is there a store in Chicago that have them?

BingDing

Ewlevy1 said:
I atually heard someone mention CO2 bags...what is your experience? Do you have a link of a bag you recommend? Is there a store in Chicago that have them?

There are no commercial products that I know of, just jury rig some kind of bag around your foot/lower leg and fill it with CO2, then seal off the top of the bag. You need to get a bottle of CO2 and a pressure regulator first, of course. CO2 is heavier than air and if you fill the bag slowly it will displace the air.

Whole body CO2 baths would be a wonder, RP talked about filling a big trash bag with CO2 and stepping into it (I think it was in the CO2 video interview). Peatarian, who used to post here, used one of those plastic storage bags for hanging clothes, as well as some kind of trash bag thing. She did it a lot and would spend hours in it. It sounded really good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have a friend who swears by arnica applied topically for anything sprained or things of that nature. Oh she is an MD too.....mountain doctor. :mrgreen:

Not sure about the Peatyness of that though.

tara

BingDing said:
Ewlevy1 said:

There are no commercial products that I know of, just jury rig some kind of bag around your foot/lower leg and fill it with CO2, then seal off the top of the bag. You need to get a bottle of CO2 and a pressure regulator first, of course. CO2 is heavier than air and if you fill the bag slowly it will displace the air.

Whole body CO2 baths would be a wonder, RP talked about filling a big trash bag with CO2 and stepping into it (I think it was in the CO2 video interview). Peatarian, who used to post here, used one of those plastic storage bags for hanging clothes, as well as some kind of trash bag thing. She did it a lot and would spend hours in it. It sounded really good.
Peat tells a good story about himself getting a fresh injury into a CO2 bag for 15 mins very quickly after the injury, and it showing much less damage than expected when it came out. I think it's in his talk to a Buteyko group.
It is true that CO2 is heavier and will to some extent displace air. But I think you'd get less mixing and a higher concentration of CO2 if you get as much of the air out as you can before adding CO2.

BingDing

tara said:
It is true that CO2 is heavier and will to some extent displace air. But I think you'd get less mixing and a higher concentration of CO2 if you get as much of the air out as you can before adding CO2.

I agree, tara, but I didn't say that because I didn't want to discourage anyone from trying it out a bit. Squishing the bag to get the air out is obvious, if inefficient, but hooking up a vacuum pump would be ideal, LOL. Who even knows what a vacuum pump is?

I took a degree in mechanical engineering because the math is easy for me and I can "see" how things work anyway, and I knew I could get a job. My (as yet unrealized) design would have a connector for the vacuum pump and a connector for the CO2. A couple valves to control the flow is simple. But how one person inside a body bag can control it has me stymied.

Hah, writing blog posts can be a creative effort. Put the valve actuators inside the bag!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals