Trazodone Is Awful and Dangerous!

DMF

So I finally gave in and 'surrendered' to a doctor for my sleeplessness. "We don't give patients Ativan anymore for...because..."
I didn't want it, was reluctant. Immediately I could feel the roof of my mouth go dry, then my entire mouth. Became drowsy but not tired - if that makes sense.
Finally fell asleep but two days later, my sensory awareness is blunted. I can't remember 5-10 seconds ago. Feel spacey, dizzy, head/ brain is stuck, time feels distorted.
NO MORE FOR ME !!!

Doc Sandoz

I agree, that stuff is bad news. Makes for lousy sleep. I'd hypothesize your reaction is because your "sleep" was worse than no sleep at all under that drug.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I agree!!! I gave in and took a couple doses when I was working nights and never again!

OP
D

DMF

I agree, that stuff is bad news. Makes for lousy sleep. I'd hypothesize your reaction is because your "sleep" was worse than no sleep at all under that drug.
Yes - sleep from Trazodone vs. no sleep was the lessor of two evils.
Also, I was told there weren't any side effects > and I was NEVER told it is a hypnotic.
I'm still having problems - I can't remember 5-10 seconds ago - time is slowed down. Senses have been stripped. Vision still blury. Will I ever heal for G_ _ 's sake ?!?!