Travis’ Quora Page

InChristAlone

I’ve had two grandparents on separate sides of my family die of lung cancer. Both smoked. But of course those were traditional cigarettes.

I know almost nothing about tobacco. If it’s so beneficial why not just chew it? Maybe even make tea with it? I can’t see why breathing in smoke would be necessary.
Tobacco chewers get mouth cancer. So I'm wondering what is it about the plant that is so horrible?!

aguineapig

I’ve had two grandparents on separate sides of my family die of lung cancer. Both smoked. But of course those were traditional cigarettes.

I know almost nothing about tobacco. If it’s so beneficial why not just chew it? Maybe even make tea with it? I can’t see why breathing in smoke would be necessary.

You are right. Using your lungs is stupid. People, even people here who should know better, assume tobacco=cigarettes. I am as big an apologist for tobacco as you will likely find (short of the aforementioned "Nightlight"), but cigarettes do not pass cost-benefit analysis muster. It's irrelevant to discuss. There are ways to derive all the benefits with virtually none of the risks.

aguineapig

Tobacco chewers get mouth cancer. So I'm wondering what is it about the plant that is so horrible?!

It's likely over blown and agenda driven/cherry picked (most dippers drink a ton, which is an astronomical confounding variable); but regardless, nordic smokeless tobaccos have a much higher degree of product integrity, and virtually no TSNA content which is the primary carcinogen in American smokeless tobacco.

CoconutEffect

Smoking / nicotine makes me very depressed almost instantly.

similarly with choline supplements

Learned helplessness physiology, anyone know how to fix this? I enjoy tobacco, but only on psilocybin, and amphetamines in my younger days

aguineapig

Smoking / nicotine makes me very depressed almost instantly.

similarly with choline supplements

Learned helplessness physiology, anyone know how to fix this? I enjoy tobacco, but only on psilocybin, and amphetamines in my younger days[/QUOTE

Have you tried cypro with it? A year ago I was room bound and nonfunctional with learned helplessness, panic disorder, and some OCD. Cypro, buspirone and tobacco broke me out of it and I've had the most productive year of my life. But there is no accounting for infinitely complex biological differences....

Nah, financially I've been fine the entire time. At heart, I'm a patriot, and lean pretty libertarian. I also tended to believe that people tended to be pretty smart, for the most part.

It's pained me to see all those ideas just shredded. To realize we live under a bunch of treasonous petty tyrants, those being most of America's Governors, Mayors, and especially, "Health Officials." Seeing other people's lives and businesses destroyed, over a fairy tale, a prophecy, an outright lie. Coming from a profession where many used to take an oath to "First, do no harm." Yeah, well that same industry had inflected nothing but harm on the word for at least 7 months now.

Worst of all, seeing most people accept it. To walk around in masks during the "Coronavirus Pandemic," but those idiots didn't wear masks during the "Tuberculous Pandemic" of 2019. Compare the numbers, Tuberculous still killed more in 2019 than even the bogus COVID numbers claim for 2020.

I'm just utterly disgusted with everything that's happened since March, and especially the lies that have been told to cover it up.

I agree. And life is not nearly as good, with masks everywhere. Idiot family members worried about idiotic things, refusing to look at the facts and just acting out of stupid emotion. No opera, no concerts, no live music, no museums. Sure now the museum is open I hear if you wear a mask, but I am not going to wear a mask.

And something tells me 2021 ain't going to be any better.

I see people all around me super depressed.

Runenight201

There is more than lung cancer, there's also emphysema and COPD and mouth and throat cancers. My Grandma was a smoker, she did quit but she was on oxygen by the time she was 70, it wasn't cancer. Thankfully my Grandpa quit long before she did and didn't smoke as much, but he died of throat cancer at age 96. I agree with Peat on this one and likely will never get into tobacco or nicotine use. Caffeine seems enough for me.

I also would want to know how Travis died especially if he's being lifted up as a guru. If his dietary and lifestyle recommendations lead to suicide I think we should know. I didn't really follow along what he recommended because I greatly disagreed with the plant based stuff. I think meat is grounding and many who favor plants seem to have nervous type energy that makes them stay up all hours of the night and seem to just keep going and going not realizing that their mental health is suffering. He also proposed that autism is a folate deficiency in the brain... But did folate help him conquer depression if he committed suicide? There is a huge issue with methylation based protocols as you can really fire your brain up and you won't be able to stop yourself if you get the idea in your head life is unbearable. I've seen people say they practically went psychotic doing some of those protocols. I walk big circles around the methylation based stuff now as I have a history of panic attacks and brain on fire type stuff.

I had a very similar thought process in terms of his death but didn’t have the courage to mention the word suicide first. Of course, it’s all speculation, but based on @ecstatichamster post I began to place more weight on the notion.

There was another very intelligent blogger I read about, who unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but passed away at a young age as well, I believe in his 40s. He had some very keen insights into human as a being in relation to the world, which piqued my interest and made me read up more on him. When I found out about his diet, it threw many red flags to me. A diet comprised of entirely select fruits, vegetation, and other plants. Such a diet has some huge favors in terms of intellect, as someone like Travis displayed.

This writer eventually “wasted” away. His final entries were a crippling and depressing introspection into a man fully aware of his declining physical body and the life leaving him. I wish I could recall who this guy was to provide better detail, but my concluding thoughts were that this was a case of a man who was so possessed by what he thought was the best diet for him that it eventually killed him.

I think there are a group of people who become addicted to a certain conscious state of hyper intellectual and cognitive ability that they end up sacrificing a lot in other physical arenas. In my own opinion, based on extensive self-experimentation, tobacco and coffee are a far cry from net positive substances, and the perceived benefits mask the underlying damage they cause. I recall Travis pridefully revealing the large amounts of tobacco and coffee he would consume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was in some way to revel in the same realm as other intellectual powerhouses who smoked and drank coffee to fuel their intellectual supremacy. But genius can have its own price, and perhaps it doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good life in the grand scheme of things.

I recall many times vainly attempting to read through Travis’s work. In reality the majority of his writings were on levels too far beyond me, but I felt a strong comfort in reading through his work that he was a true scientist, someone who worked honestly and deeply knew the intrinsic workings of the universe. It helped a lot that he chose this community for a large amount of his writings, and I recall feeling very warm at seeing him affirm many of Peat’s ideas.

I will be honest and say that I do have this narrative where it’s almost as if I want his passing to be suicide so that he neatly fits a paradigm I have in my head. But I must be honest and conclude that ultimately I cannot know and must not believe too strongly any of my conclusions. It is a tragedy that such an intelligent and illuminating person has passed. We are all the better for having encountered him in our lives.

Last edited:

gaze

I had a very similar thought process in terms of his death but didn’t have the courage to mention the word suicide first. Of course, it’s all speculation, but based on @ecstatichamster post I began to place more weight on the notion.

There was another very intelligent blogger I read about, who unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but passed away at a young age as well, I believe in his 40s. He had some very keen insights into human as a being in relation to the world, which piqued my interest and made me read up more on him. When I found out about his diet, it threw many red flags to me. A diet comprised of entirely select fruits, vegetation, and other plants. Such a diet has some huge favors in terms of intellect, as someone like Travis displayed.

This writer eventually “wasted” away. His final entries were a crippling and depressing introspection into a man fully aware of his declining physical body and the life leaving him. I wish I could recall who this guy was to provide better detail, but my concluding thoughts were that this was a case of a man who was so possessed by what he thought was the best diet for him that it eventually killed him.

I think there are a group of people who become addicted to a certain conscious state of hyper intellectual and cognitive ability that they end up sacrificing a lot in other physical arenas. In my own opinion, based on extensive self-experimentation, tobacco and coffee are a far cry from net positive substances, and the perceived benefits mask the underlying damage they cause. I recall Travis pridefully revealing the large amounts of tobacco and coffee he would consume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was in some way to revel in the same realm as other intellectual powerhouses who smoked and drank coffee to fuel their intellectual supremacy. But genius can have its own price, and perhaps it doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good life in the grand scheme of things.

I recall many times vainly attempting to read through Travis’s work. In reality the majority of his writings were on levels too far beyond me, but I felt a strong comfort in reading through his work that he was a true scientist, someone who worked honestly and deeply knew the intrinsic workings of the universe. It helped a lot that he chose this community for a large amount of his writings, and I recall feeling very warm at seeing him affirm many of Peat’s ideas.

I will be honest and say that I do have this narrative where it’s almost as if I want his passing to be suicide so that he neatly fits a paradigm I have in my head. But I must be honest and conclude that ultimately I cannot know and must not believe too strongly any of my conclusions. It is a tragedy that such an intelligent and illuminating person has passed. We are all the better for having encountered him in our lives.

You should read the book Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky. The main character reminds me of that type of personality

Ableton

great post. I have wondered similar. Stories like this reinforce my attempts to follow my instincts rather than things I believe to know, or that other people believe to know.
Because we know quite little. I think

OP
R J

R J

Nah, financially I've been fine the entire time. At heart, I'm a patriot, and lean pretty libertarian. I also tended to believe that people tended to be pretty smart, for the most part.

It's pained me to see all those ideas just shredded. To realize we live under a bunch of treasonous petty tyrants, those being most of America's Governors, Mayors, and especially, "Health Officials." Seeing other people's lives and businesses destroyed, over a fairy tale, a prophecy, an outright lie. Coming from a profession where many used to take an oath to "First, do no harm." Yeah, well that same industry had inflected nothing but harm on the word for at least 7 months now.

Worst of all, seeing most people accept it. To walk around in masks during the "Coronavirus Pandemic," but those idiots didn't wear masks during the "Tuberculous Pandemic" of 2019. Compare the numbers, Tuberculous still killed more in 2019 than even the bogus COVID numbers claim for 2020.

I'm just utterly disgusted with everything that's happened since March, and especially the lies that have been told to cover it up.

I understand that . I came to terms with that over 9/11 and the wars after so when this hit I learned pretty quick to divest myself of negative emotions around it

Ableton

Travis played 35 games of 15/10 chess (20 minute duration games on average I would guess) on the 31st december 2019, then quit cold turkey. He has more than 15000 games in that time control.
I wonder what he did with his intellect in 2020. he must have had some good resolutions. And clearly he needed an intellectual outlet. He was addicted.
Do we know anything about his activity in 2020?

Runenight201

You should read the book Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky. The main character reminds me of that type of personality

Thank you for the recommendation. Dostoyevsky is one of my favorite writers. The amount of profound emotion I felt reading The Brothers Karamazov formed lasting impressions on my being. Interestingly enough, my high school teacher constantly let it known to us that it was his favorite book. Being in my youthful folly, I disregarded it entirely until somehow it came crashing into my life 8 years later. I will read Notes from the Underground.

tankasnowgod

I understand that . I came to terms with that over 9/11 and the wars after so when this hit I learned pretty quick to divest myself of negative emotions around it

Except that things didn't really shut down much around 9/11. Most places stopped operations for a day or two, the stock market closed for like a week, and sporting events were delayed a week or two. Even airlines were flying again within the month.

Plus, add to that, there was an ACTUAL disaster. It doesn't matter if you believe the official story that the laws of physics failed that day and allowed two airplanes to cause three skyscrapers in New York to collapse at free fall speed, or if you are more grounded in reality and believe it was a controlled demolition. The Twin Towers (and Building 7) were gone, a pile of rubble all that remained. Oh, and some sort of attack on the Pentagon. Lots of lies around the story, sure, but a real genuine disaster.

There is still NO PROOF that any "novel" coronavirus was ever discovered in China, nor that it has been detected anywhere in the world.

No Koch's Postulates.
No Electron Micrographs.
No "Available Virus Isolate," at least to the CDC, FDA, and WHO.
No fulfillment of Neil Ferguson's Prophecy of 2 Million Dead Americans and overflowing hospitals.
No global increase in All Cause Mortality.

COVID is a total fairy tale. Everything about this so called Pandemic is fake, not just the story sold on how it happened, or who was responsible.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Travis seemed to have a very deep understanding on many topics. I’m just speculating but perhaps he found the covid issue/lockdown overwhelming and just too much to live with? Not because it effected him financially or anything but because of the broader implications for humanity. He could have had some insights into the reality of the ‘virus’ that we can’t even imagine and felt powerless to do anything about it.

postman

All this talk about smoking... Smoke is carcinogenic and estrogenic. It's nicotine, and maybe some other things in the tobacco, that have positive effects. You can administer those in other ways than smoking them. Smoking is retarded.

Anyways RIP Travis, he made a lot of very good posts.

All this talk about smoking... All smoke is carcinogenic and estrogenic. It's nicotine, and maybe some other things in the tobacco, that have positive effects. You can administer those in other ways than smoking them. Smoking is retarded.
It's an occasional treat for me. I can't live in some holy pure perfect clean bubble all the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals