Traveling at HIGH speed/SPEEDING BOOSTS Dopamine

JamesGatz

Why do dogs like sticking their head out the window of a car so much ?

Dog with head out car window 142256174.jpg

Speed-related activation in the mesolimbic dopamine system during the observation of driver-view videos​

It seems like now we know:

I notice when I'm riding around in my scooter, skateboard, or roller blades around my neighborhood going fast (compared to on foot of course) - my mood boosts and I feel a sharp increase in testosterone as long as im not tiring myself out. It seems that riding these vehicles or even a bike with the wind blowing at us especially seems to have significant mood-boosting effects and seems to be Peaty

Last edited:

redsun

Why do dogs like sticking their head out the window of a car so much ?

View attachment 28674

Speed-related activation in the mesolimbic dopamine system during the observation of driver-view videos

It seems like now we know:

I notice when I'm riding around in my scooter, skateboard, or roller blades around my neighborhood going fast (compared to on foot of course) - my mood boosts and I feel a sharp increase in testosterone as long as im not tiring myself out. It seems that riding these vehicles or even a bike with the wind blowing at us especially seems to have significant mood-boosting effects and seems to be Peaty
This is typically what exhilarating activity does. Dopamine and adrenal activity is increased, giving a pleasurable, mood-elevating effect.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

This is typically what exhilarating activity does. Dopamine and adrenal activity is increased, giving a pleasurable, mood-elevating effect.
Interesting - so with the increased adrenaline would it probably be considered somewhat negative ?

redsun

Interesting - so with the increased adrenaline would it probably be considered somewhat negative ?
No man. These kinds of activities are good as long as they are not seriously dangerous as they heighten arousal (via norepinephrine mainly in the brain) and make you feel alive when you do these kinds of things. Exercise does similar things as long as its not excessive.

my dog used to hang out the window and chew the air. so cute
i would rather have a couple of great hits of molly or some pharmaceutical cocaine from my dentist friend and dance my butt off at a candy rave than the whole speedboat thing but that's just me.

OccamzRazer

i would rather have a couple of great hits of molly or some pharmaceutical cocaine from my dentist friend and dance my butt off at a candy rave than the whole speedboat thing but that's just me.
I wonder if coca leaf plus speeding around provides some synergistic effects then?? lol

OccamzRazer

On a more serious note, my next car will be a convertible sports car! Thanks for the scientific validation in this area.

Dr. B

my dog used to hang out the window and chew the air. so cute
what do dentists use cocaine for?

parallax

I used to drive very fast, and I became instinctive with advanced racing techniques. In 2009 I spent some time meditating on the subconcious environment of my driving habits, and I learned that my behavior was coming from a certain peculiar kind of boredom. I was able to replace the activity with less harmful dopaminergic activities and I gradually became a safer driver. Today I drive in a way that may seem grandmotherly to some, only I respond quickly to changes at intersections. I drive the speed limit all the time everywhere I go, come to a full stop at all stopsigns, always use my indicators, etc. My day to day life is a rush.

RealNeat

BDNF is increased when doing exercise and learning at the same time. I learn so much faster when I’m doing 90mph and blasting a RP interview at max volume, a fine line of powdered sugar is always on standby on my $5,000 HARDCOVER copy of Generative Energy on the passengers seat.

ThinPicking

You'll be needing a vibe for that speed.

imcoconut

BDNF is increased when doing exercise and learning at the same time. I learn so much faster when I’m doing 90mph and blasting a RP interview at max volume, a fine line of powdered sugar is always on standby on my $5,000 HARDCOVER copy of Generative Energy on the passengers seat.
lmaooo, this is the funniest ***t ever. I hope your serious :)

Regina

:rolling

Motorneuron

just look at the eyes of a racing driver

Back
Top Bottom