• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Traveling at HIGH speed/SPEEDING BOOSTS Dopamine

JamesGatz

Why do dogs like sticking their head out the window of a car so much ?

Dog with head out car window 142256174.jpg

Speed-related activation in the mesolimbic dopamine system during the observation of driver-view videos​

It seems like now we know:

I notice when I'm riding around in my scooter, skateboard, or roller blades around my neighborhood going fast (compared to on foot of course) - my mood boosts and I feel a sharp increase in testosterone as long as im not tiring myself out. It seems that riding these vehicles or even a bike with the wind blowing at us especially seems to have significant mood-boosting effects and seems to be Peaty

Last edited:

redsun

Why do dogs like sticking their head out the window of a car so much ?

View attachment 28674

Speed-related activation in the mesolimbic dopamine system during the observation of driver-view videos

It seems like now we know:

I notice when I'm riding around in my scooter, skateboard, or roller blades around my neighborhood going fast (compared to on foot of course) - my mood boosts and I feel a sharp increase in testosterone as long as im not tiring myself out. It seems that riding these vehicles or even a bike with the wind blowing at us especially seems to have significant mood-boosting effects and seems to be Peaty
This is typically what exhilarating activity does. Dopamine and adrenal activity is increased, giving a pleasurable, mood-elevating effect.

redsun

Interesting - so with the increased adrenaline would it probably be considered somewhat negative ?
No man. These kinds of activities are good as long as they are not seriously dangerous as they heighten arousal (via norepinephrine mainly in the brain) and make you feel alive when you do these kinds of things. Exercise does similar things as long as its not excessive.

my dog used to hang out the window and chew the air. so cute
i would rather have a couple of great hits of molly or some pharmaceutical cocaine from my dentist friend and dance my butt off at a candy rave than the whole speedboat thing but that's just me.

OccamzRazer

i would rather have a couple of great hits of molly or some pharmaceutical cocaine from my dentist friend and dance my butt off at a candy rave than the whole speedboat thing but that's just me.
I wonder if coca leaf plus speeding around provides some synergistic effects then?? lol

OccamzRazer

On a more serious note, my next car will be a convertible sports car! Thanks for the scientific validation in this area.

Mr.Bollox

my dog used to hang out the window and chew the air. so cute
what do dentists use cocaine for?