Traveling Abroad With Unprescribed Thyroid Medication

dogtrainer

I live in the US and take Cynomel which I purchased from an online Mexican pharmacy. I will be traveling to Germany soon, is this going to be an issue with customs?

JenLN

From my experience, no. They most likely would have no idea what it even is

Sure. I’ve never had any issue with any pills, powders, or anything traveling very extensively overseas and I have no prescriptions.

I carry some on and check others so I have them in event my luggage is delayed/lost. I often don't check a bag and carry it all on. You are not going to have a problem with this because playing the medical card is all they have to hear.

Inspired

In the US, prescription drugs are usually dispensed from large containers, into individual plastic bottles for the patient, then labels are slapped onto the bottles, which include information like names and numbers etc.

In the rest of the world, they just give out boxes of medication, and there is no label attached with any personal information.

As far as coming into Europe or specifically Germany, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Make sure you don't carry any opioids or mental health medication. At least have a prescription for them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals