Transitioning From Male To Female

Momado965

Yes, but masculine attraction to women is omnipresent in every society, so reality is that women have it easier because of this phenomena. Sure, you can do a sine qua non consideration, but that doesn't change the very real advantage women have over men because the unconditional attraction the other gender feel towards them.

Yup. That's what I am saying. If this attraction in all its meaning were to be suppressed or inhibited it will be extremely hard for women to go on with life.

Momado965

True. But will that ever happen?

I think it will happen soon perhaps not in the nearest future but soon enough. Starting from the west and seeping through the middle east specially and the east in places who are influenced by the west. It will be a required choice men will have to make due to the anti male propaganda. There would be a paralleled increase in homosexuality as well.

Morgan

It's not a bad system when you're winning.
It's a system that favors psychopathy, which ultimately ends up self destructing in one way or another.. Maybe we have a slightly different definition of winning.

Did they recommend bio identical progesterone USP? If so then what's the dose.
I usually just recommend the dosage that is advised for women with Progest-E, especially if they are already taking HRT, but it also depends on what form of HRT they are taking and their physiological needs. It's actually a really important issue since they are at a dramatically increased risk of stroke, but of course the medical industry really doesn't seem to care.

Last edited:

Momado965

It's a system that favors psychopathy, which ultimately ends up self destructing in one way or another.. Maybe we have a slightly different definition of winning.

I usually just recommend the dosage that is advised for women with Progest-E, especially if they are already taking HRT, but it also depends on what form of HRT they are taking and their physiological needs. It's actually a really important issue since they are at a dramatically increased risk of stroke, but of course the medical industry really doesn't seem to care.

I know the minimum does for progesterone is about 10mg as this replicates the physiological levels in blood. What is the usual progesterone dose used in the transgender community and what form of estrogen 'replacement' is used?

Waynish

I meant among straight and cisgendered people when I stated that. No one is always happy or completely sane

That clearly isn't a good argument that you don't even know sane or happy "cisgendered" people. Find a sane person and they won't argue to cut off parts of your body to meet what you perceive as your inner self (especially, as OP implies, comes from the hatred of himself).

Morgan

I know the minimum does for progesterone is about 10mg as this replicates the physiological levels in blood. What is the usual progesterone dose used in the transgender community and what form of estrogen 'replacement' is used?
I don't actually know the dosages that are used in HRT, since I'm not a part of those communities, just have had a few friends over the years that were trans. I do know that natural progesterone use is very uncommon, which is a shame since it may provide a protective net for the dangers of transitioning.. I do think a combination of estrogen and progestin is sometimes used, but we know that progestin is not at all like natural progesterone. Often it's a combination of an anti androgen with estrogen or estrogen + progestin. I believe the intention is to create a sort of dependency on the prescription, and of course the medical industry will never openly admit that progestins are nothing like progesterone.

Momado965

I don't actually know the dosages that are used in HRT, since I'm not a part of those communities, just have had a few friends over the years that were trans. I do know that natural progesterone use is very uncommon, which is a shame since it may provide a protective net for the dangers of transitioning.. I do think a combination of estrogen and progestin is sometimes used, but we know that progestin is not at all like natural progesterone. Often it's a combination of an anti androgen with estrogen or estrogen + progestin. I believe the intention is to create a sort of dependency on the prescription, and of course the medical industry will never openly admit that progestins are nothing like progesterone.

I thought you were trans and figured you'd know.

mangoes

That clearly isn't a good argument that you don't even know sane or happy "cisgendered" people. Find a sane person and they won't argue to cut off parts of your body to meet what you perceive as your inner self (especially, as OP implies, comes from the hatred of himself).

I’m just giving a weak argument in return for a weak argument. If you wanna go there you could count almost any cosmetic surgery because of self esteem/hatred, which plenty of “sane” cisgendered people undergo. And FYI, not every trans person feels the need to undergo sexual reassignment surgery. But again that just speaks to your lack of familiarity with actual real life trans people

Last edited:

Momado965

I’m just giving a weak argument in return for a weak argument. If you wanna go there you could count almost any cosmetic surgery because of self esteem/hatred, which plenty of “sane” cisgendered people undergo. And FYI, not every trans person feels the need to undergo sexual reassignment surgery. But again that just speaks to your lack of familiarity with actual real life trans people

Getting a nose job or tity implants is not the same as cutting one's **** and taking hormones to alter their gender. The latter is an extreme case of dysmorphia which is alarmingly pathological.

hddmilk

The OP might be interested in those links

Feminizing Hormone Regimens

"But micronized progesterone... When taken by mouth, it is partially metabolized to 5-alpha and 5-beta pregnenolone; these metabolites can act as natural tranquilizers, and may promote sleep. This effect may be desirable in patients who suffer from anxiety or insomnia."

Danny and spironolactone: The Danny Roddy Weblog

Ray: "The amphetamine-like action of estrogen, which undoubtedly contributes to the general level of stress and excitotoxic abuse of nerve cells, is probably the only "useful" facet of estrogen treatment, but a little cocaine might achieve the same effect with no more harm, possibly less."

Which explains the erratic behavior of many people undergoing estrogen "therapy"

An Update on Plant-Derived Anti-Androgens: An Update on Plant Derived Anti-Androgens

"Spearmint, usually taken in the form of tea, has been thought for many years to have testosterone reducing properties. It is commonly used in Middle Eastern regions as an herbal remedy for hirsutism in females."

There's a new drug called Bicalutamide that acts in a different way and the transgender community favors it

Last edited:

mangoes

Getting a nose job or tity implants is not the same as cutting one's **** and taking hormones to alter their gender. The latter is an extreme case of dysmorphia which is alarmingly pathological.

they’re still going under anaesthesia, risking death, having their bodies cut open, things stuffed into them, bones shaved, things cut out in like breast reductions, tummy tucks. If reassignment surgery speaks to pathology so does all of the rest of the above and there is no difference. You just think so coz you like your ****

DaveFoster

since men love and desire and want (not need) women despite the negatives and pain that come along with that.
Monogamy's mostly negative for sure.

Hugh Johnson

Women have a hard time too. You guys are probably comparing men to pretty young women, who do have a lot of privileges, but that is like when women compare their lives to those of the most attractive men. Women deal with periods, fear of sexual violence, sexuality that is complex and unknown to them, they are heavily socialized and can't often use or even admit the power they have. Women get pregnant, have painful sex, there are so many difficulties women face. Where I live women do seem to have it slightly better, but I live in a weird country. Women carry most of the burden of parenting and maintaining the society with their labour, and are rarely even thanked for it.

Besides, what you complain about are first wolrd problems. No one forces you to adopt the pathological masculine role, so stop whining and live they you want.

ivy

Women have a hard time too. You guys are probably comparing men to pretty young women, who do have a lot of privileges, but that is like when women compare their lives to those of the most attractive men. Women deal with periods, fear of sexual violence, sexuality that is complex and unknown to them, they are heavily socialized and can't often use or even admit the power they have. Women get pregnant, have painful sex, there are so many difficulties women face. Where I live women do seem to have it slightly better, but I live in a weird country. Women carry most of the burden of parenting and maintaining the society with their labour, and are rarely even thanked for it.

Besides, what you complain about are first wolrd problems. No one forces you to adopt the pathological masculine role, so stop whining and live they you want.

Thank you
for bringing sensible comments to this discussion which, for the most part, has fallen into dangerous moral reproach and self-assured ignorance.

You were the first and only one to state that trans and homosexual are not the same. There are plenty of healthy homosexuals who've surpassed cultural, religious and societal taboos and have a life worth living. They love themselves and wouldn't want to change. Going against their unintended, spontaneous attraction would be psychologically hurtful and a waste of sexual energy. Attraction and revulsion can't be decided upon. If it weren't for AIDS, we might still have a huge number of beautiful, glowing older gay men defying the notion of gay as estrogenic, serotonergic, bickering, etc.

Trans people, however, seem to have a conflicted relationship with their bodies alongside the aspiration of presenting as the other sex. It's a joint process, not merely a desire to cross-dress or an indefinite loathing of their anatomy and physiology. And this is what we can't seem to grasp: the OP's motivation apart from the hardships of being a man. Detransitioners exist and should not be silenced, precisely because they're the ones whose underlying psychological issues did not improve on hormones and sex reassignment. There is no one size fits all. Gender affirming strategies need to go hand in hand with watchful waiting. And serious investigation is always required.

Well, had I been born later, I might have ended up thinking I should transition. I sucked as a young woman and still do in many respects. I had painful periods, a global lack of energy and water retention, and androgenic alopecia diagnosed at 16. This condition shaped my entire life and, FYI, the treatment for women is... Spironolactone, the testosterone blocker used in HRT. I convinced myself I was such a faulty female that it was just simpler to hide in baggy clothes and look a bit androgynous. My fear of under-performing in the eyes of men ran very deep. They probably sensed it, which meant that most of them stayed away, and my looks certainly didn't help. But I never hated my breasts or my genitals, I just hated the fact that while I was growing voluptuous I was also growing bald. I was a circumstantial lesbian. And the love of women, their benevolence, made me gradually more loving towards myself and a lot more daring in my femininity. Eventually, man could see me too. I had a hair transplant in 2013 which in many ways I regret, but it bought me time until I can exit the hair rat race and simply shave my head. I'm 39 and in better health than I was most of my youth. I'm leaner, graceful, I've had a number of meaningful relationships with women, some with men as well. I take no drugs or supplements and I twice refused to continue the feminizing Spironolactone due to sides - I was exhausted and menstruating every 15 days. I might not have as much hair in my head, but I've learned to love whatever androgens I might overproduce. If anyone's wondering, my blood tests were always in range and I don't have PCOS, but I'm positive I was hypothyroid and probably still am at winter.

So @kringlecold, I believe there's hope. Unless you truly dream of becoming a woman, don't take that shortcut. One way or another, everyone here is struggling and longing for a better bodily experience in life.

mrchibbs

If anyone's wondering, my blood tests were always in range and I don't have PCOS, but I'm positive I was hypothyroid and probably still am at winter.

I think relying on PCOS as specific term is problematic, because like men with MPB, it reflects young people of both sexes with the same hormonal problem which Ray has talked many times about how hypothyroidism drives PCOS-like symptoms in both sexes. Sanke et al. (2016) The low-thyroid dynamic creates an estrogen dominance (because progesterone becomes deficient) and the estrogen stimulates production by adrenal hormones, and since the adrenals aren't good at producing progesterone, they produce lots of DHEA, and downstream it leans to the trifecta of symptoms: alopecia, acne and hirsutism. Not everyone has each symptom to the same degree, but in both sexes ''PCOS'' or ''MPB'', is indicated by the same hormonal profile. Low T3, elevated DHEA and DHEAs, elevated prolactin etc. By what I'm reading you definitely have the ''PCOS'' symptoms, don't be offended, because I don't believe in PCOS as a medical term, I think it's the same general stress-induced, hypothyroid state seen in both sexes with many young people.

I'm sure you've read Ray's 1997 book from PMS to Menopause , but there is great stuff on the topic in there.

mrchibbs

@ivy

See this quote by Ray (from PMS to Menopause):

By suppressing the thyroid and stimulating the pituitary's secretion of prolactin, estrogen can have a variety of complex effects on hair growth; usually, thinning of the hair on the head is a consequence of hypothyroidism. In both men and women, loss of hair from the scalp is associated with low thyroid, but "male pattern baldness" has been held to be produced by a male hormone; but even the male hormones can be turned into estrogen by enzymes in the skin, and experiments show that it is estrogen which causes the hair follicle to become inactive, while an estrogen-blacker can stimulate the renewal of hair. (R. C. Smart, et al., Proc. Nail. Acad. of Sciences, Oct. 29, 1996.)

By stimulating the adrenal glands, estrogen can increase the production of the "male" hormones that are associated with whiskers and chest hair. [E. C. Ditkoff, et al., "The impact of estrogen on adrenal androgen sensitivity and secretion in polycystic ovary syndrome," J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 80(2), 603-607, 1995.] This usually happens when a progesterone deficiency is combined with an excess of estrogen, as in the polycystic ovary syndrome and sometimes at menopause in animals, polycystic ovaries are caused by a deficiency of the thyroid hormone, and the same regulatory mechanisms seem to operate in women. The polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common endocrine disorder in women during the reproductive years, and may occur in 10% of them. [A. Dunaif, et al., eds. The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cambridge, MA: Blackwell Scientific; 1992.]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals