Transitioning From Male To Female

mrchibbs

hi i am trans as well. i take pueraria mirifica (very phytoestrogenic herb) and white peony root (anti-androgen, pro-progesterone). i don't feel comfortable taking actual estrogen. so far i have got results in breast growth, wider hips, softer skin, hair growth and overall my mood has improved in 1 month

Hey I would recommend reading Jerilynn Prior's articles on progesterone for transgender therapies. It's really insightful! I'm personally not thrilled whenever someone transitions because I believe it's often not the right approach, but if you are doing it, might as well do it right. I've read a lot of accounts of MtF transgenders using E2 along with significant quantities of progesterone (P4) administered rectally and the results are spectacular, in terms of health, hair regrowth, youthfulness and development of natural female sexual characteristics which is not really possible with E2 alone or even with a synthetic progestin.

haricu

Hey I would recommend reading Jerilynn Prior's articles on progesterone for transgender therapies. It's really insightful! I'm personally not thrilled whenever someone transitions because I believe it's often not the right approach, but if you are doing it, might as well do it right. I've read a lot of accounts of MtF transgenders using E2 along with significant quantities of progesterone (P4) administered rectally and the results are spectacular, in terms of health, hair regrowth, youthfulness and development of natural female sexual characteristics which is not really possible with E2 alone or even with a synthetic progestin.
so taking E2 with progesterone is safer than the herbal method I mentioned? I thought exogenous estrogen in any amount is harmful

Stramonium

It boggles my mind that their so quick to prescribe estrogen and jump into surgeries to mutilate their own bodies but wouldn't consider what could be a testosterone deficiency in cases of MTF ?. Also 'body affirmative' surgeries are quite the opposite

mrchibbs

so taking E2 with progesterone is safer than the herbal method I mentioned? I thought exogenous estrogen in any amount is harmful

Progesterone is exceedingly safe. E2 not so much. If your doing well with the herbal methods, that's perfectly fine, but I would add some exogenous progesterone as well, in very large doses since you're not worried about the "feminizing" effect it can have.

As I said, this article is very good; Sci-Hub | Progesterone Is Important for Transgender Women’s Therapy—Applying Evidence for the Benefits of Progesterone in Ciswomen. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 104(4), 1181–1186 | 10.1210/jc.2018-01777

Don't listen to the conventional transgender crowd which will try to convince you that progesterone is not good or not needed. From Ray's writings you should know that by now, but I can only reiiterate from what I've read and the accounts of transition stories, those who use progesterone transition much better than the others.

Dragulescu

I've decided I can't really stand living as a man anymore.
So I'm going to be taking testosterone blockers and estrogen.

Ray directly told me this isn't safe, but I was wondering if they is a way to at least limit the harm.

Thank you.
You won't stand living at all if you do this.

You are suicidal if u do this, and suicide is already high estrogen. Take megadose progesterone ASAP.

Take antibiotics.

Do this correctly and after you will love life.

mamakitty

The OP should compare suicide stats-- thoughts, attempts, and completions (I hate to call them successes)-- pre-op vs post-op. Discovering that they do not vastly differ may cause one to reevaluate the efficacy of the procedure.

Then there is the ever more prevalent phenomenon of post-op victims realizing a little too late that it was the worst decision they ever made: (28 minutes; 11 million views).

You have ths best online name I have seen in a long time

Waynish

Even entertaining the idea that you should transition is more than enough evidence that you are mentally ill. There is no such thing; the DNA in every cell of your body will remind either male or female. Yes, there is DNA that is sufficiently disordered that one can attempt to call it neither (male nor female), but that is not evidence that male and female are not optimal ideals in nature. And this isn't just DNA - it is everything. Even words in gendered languages, which you probably did not grow up with. Stop identifying with your sexuality and identify with something deeper to start with.

Waynish

Also it is a massive delusion to think that hormones are the cause of becoming gendered. Even Ray still suffers from this delusion. Estrogen is not "the female hormone" and plenty of men have taken enough progesterone on this forum to realize it also has not cause them to become women to any degree.

mrchibbs

Also it is a massive delusion to think that hormones are the cause of becoming gendered. Even Ray still suffers from this delusion. Estrogen is not "the female hormone" and plenty of men have taken enough progesterone on this forum to realize it also has not cause them to become women to any degree.

I think Ray has said specifically, many times, that estrogen is not the female hormone.

Waynish

I think Ray has said specifically, many times, that estrogen is not the female hormone.
Yes I know. What does he call the female hormone? Does he use the "sex hormones" terminology even when he does hint to realize there is a big issue with it? Does he use the "receptor" terminology when he does know it is totally wrong in reality? ... I'm not being over critical, just trying to make progress. Ray is one of the fine starting points for anyone educated in western systems.

mrchibbs

Yes I know. What does he call the female hormone? Does he use the "sex hormones" terminology even when he does hint to realize there is a big issue with it? Does he use the "receptor" terminology when he does know it is totally wrong in reality? ... I'm not being over critical, just trying to make progress. Ray is one of the fine starting points for anyone educated in western systems.

I don't think he has called anything the female hormone, not even progesterone. It is higher in women, but from my understanding of his writing/thinking it seems like it is better seen as a generally protective substance, and not a sex-specific steroid. I also don't see him use the receptor idea very often, in fact he wrote a newsletter specifically about how receptors are likely just a metaphorical device and not a real mechanism of action.

If sometimes he has used conventional terminology and concepts, it's probably just to be understood by lay people.

Waynish

I don't think he has called anything the female hormone, not even progesterone. It is higher in women, but from my understanding of his writing/thinking it seems like it is better seen as a generally protective substance, and not a sex-specific steroid. I also don't see him use the receptor idea very often, in fact he wrote a newsletter specifically about how receptors are likely just a metaphorical device and not a real mechanism of action.
True - and those are some main reasons I'm a follow. But he never came out and say none of these (molecules) cause one to be gendered / sexed.

seraph94

hi i am trans as well. i take pueraria mirifica (very phytoestrogenic herb) and white peony root (anti-androgen, pro-progesterone). i don't feel comfortable taking actual estrogen. so far i have got results in breast growth, wider hips, softer skin, hair growth and overall my mood has improved in 1 month
Did they have any effects on your sexual organs ? I mean decrease of testicle volume and shrinkage of penis