Transdermal Magnesium

Tcrazyjam

Hello ,

in short: I read about studies about transdermal magnesium therapy, which caused much greater magnesium plasma concentrations compared to oral magnesium. I red, peat thinks epson bads do the same, it is also transdermal.

Are there experience with this procedere? And maybe there are chances to absorb other minerals, which are connected with salt. I think the sole of foot can absorb pretty fine, as these studies proved.

Thanks

David from germany

mt_dreams

You only absorb a fraction of the magnesium supplement you take orally. I don't know what the percentage is, but I'm sure it's searchable. The body is much better suited to absorb magnesium supp through the skin, which is what the study was probably alluding to.

There are many magnesium products taking advantage of this in the marketplace. Products like magnesium oil & creams, to magnesium spray deodorant which personally use with great results.

Epsom salt baths/foot soaks provide the water with magnesium, sulfur & oxygen. Epsom salt sold on the market is usually pure, so there should be nothing else in the salt.

loess

Magnesium oil works very well for me. It is difficult to explain but when I apply it to my arms and legs I can feel a relaxation sensation in the muscles almost instantly. The most "bang-for-your-buck" is to buy a bag or tub of magnesium flakes and dissolve them in water as needed to make your own magnesium oil. I put it in a spray bottle and spray it all over myself and massage it in. Sometimes I will use a dry skin brush first to open up my pores and get blood moving so that the oil can achieve maximum absorption. Of course magnesium oil is not actually "oil" (as in a viscous substances made of lipids), but simply a solution of water + magnesium chloride.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Sure, i would buy pure Magnesiumchlorid hexahydrate, do not know, what this is in english. So i would consume a little amount orally, and do foot baths 3 times a week, with a concentration of 2-3 Gram Magnesium.
Is there any science about the solution/concentration, because there is a osmotic pressure, i suggest?
I can also spray my body after taking a shower with hot water, so the skin can absorb more.
I also try to supplement 10.000 iu vitamin d3, along with vitamin k2 (Life extension).
I will also eat more liver, to fill my storage. Like 1 Kg/week for 1 months.
And then i will wait for buying vitamin e, most products are very very bad.
the best solution would be to buy a very cheap alpha-tocopherol supplement with mixed tocopherols, not nearly determined (Healty Origins is in oliveoil).
I do eat cheese for my calcium:phosphate.
my nutrition is very good also.
Took pregneolone and thyroid before, with no improvements.

Thanks

Amazoniac

Transdermal Magnesium Review - unsure if it is as good - July 2017 | Vitamin D Wiki

"cellular magnesium uptake is only being carried out by specific magnesium transporters and not by diffusion. However, since dead cells of the upper skin layer do not contain functional magnesium transporters, which have not yet been identified in detail, magnesium absorption may be possible only at the small area of sweat glands and hair follicles. A recently published study showed that magnesium ions can penetrate the stratum corneum in a concentration and time dependent manner which is significantly facilitated by hair follicles. However, hair follicles and sweat glands constitute only 0.1% to 1% of the skin surface. Even if a substance is absorbed in this area, the question of the clinical relevance of absorbed amounts needs to be addressed."​

__
FB Live #4: Dr. Garrett Smith - Topical Magnesium

@lovely @raypeatclips

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Transdermal Magnesium Review - unsure if it is as good - July 2017 | Vitamin D Wiki

"cellular magnesium uptake is only being carried out by specific magnesium transporters and not by diffusion. However, since dead cells of the upper skin layer do not contain functional magnesium transporters, which have not yet been identified in detail, magnesium absorption may be possible only at the small area of sweat glands and hair follicles. A recently published study showed that magnesium ions can penetrate the stratum corneum in a concentration and time dependent manner which is significantly facilitated by hair follicles. However, hair follicles and sweat glands constitute only 0.1% to 1% of the skin surface. Even if a substance is absorbed in this area, the question of the clinical relevance of absorbed amounts needs to be addressed."​
Here it is for the references:
Myth or Reality—Transdermal Magnesium?

@daihut

Last edited:

Amazoniac

@milk_lover
I changed my mind already. After trying both ways (baths and body lotions), but this time having studied Paul Finch's work in depth, especially the bachelor party chapter, I prefer now to use it as a lotion. The effects are stronger and more balanced: the problem with foot baths is that you don't have much hair follicles there (above), so you have a lot of area to everything else, while magnesium having more difficulty getting inside, even if you make a water boot. So I copied him, then put on everyday clothing and remained with it for the day. The stickiness doesn't bother for too long.
Since magnesium depends on water to be absorbed, every time you transpire it should be redistributed and you get this steady absorption throughout the day.
If you never tried this way, consider using his method to apply and leaving it on for a good while, especially if you're going to be sweating.

BrianF

Recently gave some mag spray to my father and to him spray it on.

He really doesnt have much body hair and hes bald as a coot. Could he still apply it to his head. Despite being bald and the follicles atrophied, could he still apply mag to his head?

Amazoniac

Recently gave some mag spray to my father and to him spray it on.

He really doesnt have much body hair and hes bald as a coot. Could he still apply it to his head. Despite being bald and the follicles atrophied, could he still apply mag to his head?
I missed this message, but I wouldn't apply on calcified regions, the body hair is there elsewhere, it's just so tiny in some people that they barely appear. burtlan has baby skin.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Google Groups
@PureMuscle :ss2 - Check out the posts above in case you missed.
@PerpetualBrainGainer - You might be interested as well.
@ColorlessLifeKrayoner - I told you, I'm open to change my mind one more time. : idi

I have not forgotten about this. The issue is finding a magnesium salt which both provides a decent dose of magnesium and also dissolves well in ethanol, oil or even DMSO. Do you know of such a salt? I have been searching for the last 6 months and may need to synthesize my own magnesium salt since all the other ones I checked do not fit the bill.

southcesar

I bought a spray bottle of magnesium oil and have been using it as a hair styler. A little always falls on the scalp. The first few times I did this I felt a burning sensation in the area, but nowadays I feel nothing but a "warmth" in the area. Would this help the blood flow in the area? Maybe it's interesting for anyone who is suffering from hair loss, has anyone tried this?