Transdermal Magnesium Chloride Oil Causing Rashes

IVILA

Not sure why but most areas of my body can develop a severe reaction whenever I spray some on my skin. Anyone experiencing the same symptoms? Why might this be happening?

Elize

Magnesium lowers cortisol and stopped using it as it would trigger rashes and histamine with me.

Quelsatron

I think the concentration is too high, I don't hear people report it with baths. But yeah, it also seems to aggravate a rash i have on my forehead despite it not being near the area of application. Skin irritation is bad mkay

OP
IVILA

IVILA

I think the concentration is too high, I don't hear people report it with baths. But yeah, it also seems to aggravate a rash i have on my forehead despite it not being near the area of application. Skin irritation is bad mkay
Perhaps I can go for one of those ancient minerals sensitive oils and see how it goes.

Quelsatron

Perhaps I can go for one of those ancient minerals sensitive oils and see how it goes.
Don't see why it would be needed, just make a half dosage solution yourself. But, i think topical may be doomed to irritate, because of the way drying works. The actual absorption into the skin is probably pretty low, so the total amount of magnesium chloride on top of the skin is relatively constant. But, the magnesium is dissolved in water which dries to nothing, so at some point the concentration will reach irritant before it dries out. This is why a bath would be better, much lower concentration, but you can soak for half an hour no problem and the treated area is up to a hundred times greater.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

Don't see why it would be needed, just make a half dosage solution yourself. But, i think topical may be doomed to irritate, because of the way drying works. The actual absorption into the skin is probably pretty low, so the total amount of magnesium chloride on top of the skin is relatively constant. But, the magnesium is dissolved in water which dries to nothing, so at some point the concentration will reach irritant before it dries out. This is why a bath would be better, much lower concentration, but you can soak for half an hour no problem and the treated area is up to a hundred times greater.
Yeah, baths could be better. Hopefully, it has a higher absorption rate and aids in increasing RBC magnesium levels overall

Ihor

I also get skin irritation from magnesium chloride oil, so I mix it with baking soda, this partially neutralizes the acidity of the chloride and almost completely removes skin irritation.

Quelsatron

I also get skin irritation from magnesium chloride oil, so I mix it with baking soda, this partially neutralizes the acidity of the chloride and almost completely removes skin irritation.
Do you still get the same immediate effects? I wish I knew more about salts to tell if this would prevent absorption or not...

Ihor

Do you still get the same immediate effects? I wish I knew more about salts to tell if this would prevent absorption or not...
For half an hour, this is a common skin irritation reaction, that many get from magnesium chloride.
Baking soda probably improves magnesium retention, as the sodium in it is known to do so. Magnesium chloride oil mixed with soda dries faster on the skin, so when diluting it is worth adding a little water, after which a bubble formation reaction will take place in this liquid for a while.

Jigend

I may be jumping to conclusions too soon here, but I'm erring towards being 75% sure that the fact I've been applying magnesium "oil" to the face (i.e. a water solution with magnesium chloride flakes mixed in) for the skin benefits (the skin would become much smoother; possibly due to raised DHEA) has resulted in much increased hair shedding.​
I've been spraying it to my face for 2 months now. 1 month ago I finally noticed shedding, as I was running my hand through my hair, and noticed anything from 5 to 10 hairs how come out each and every time. Showering would result in a clogged tub due to all the hair falling out (not normal at all in my case). I didn't think it could ever possibly be the magnesium I was using at the time. I assumed it could have been due to me working out and lifting weights in the summer during heatwaves, and having extra oiliness that just wasn't being fully washed out properly. Around the time I ordered nizoral, I coincidentally also stopped spraying magnesium chloride to the face.​
The abnormal shedding had virtually stopped the day before yesterday. Yesterday I decided to spray more magnesium chloride to the face. And lo and behold: Today the shedding has returned, massively.​
If it is the magnesium "oil", I do not think the magnesium in itself is doing any harm at all. It must be the chloride component of the "oil" being applied too close to the hair. I remember reading other posts in the forum where users commented how the magnesium "oil", if applied to the scalp, would leave the hair coarse and brittle after a while.​
I'm going to stop with magnesium chloride for a while now, to make sure if this is the real culprit.​

Jigend

>In addition, scanning electron microscopy revealed extensive hair cell loss in animals treated with cadmium chloride and furosemide.

>MgCl2 crystallizes in the cadmium chloride CdCl2 motif, which features octahedral Mg centers.

I may be a bit too sleepy right now, but I think I'm onto something here. Posting for future reference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals