Trans Fat

pepzorpdorp

Since PUFA is bad because it gets rancid in a heated enviorment, does this mean that it have the same effects that trans fat has?

Queequeg

I think trans fats are a double bad as they are both a PUFA and are in an unnatural form. So you get the same toxic oxidation products as a cis PUFA plus the body doesn't deal well with it because its not natural.

"However, the basic hardening process, hydrogenation of the oils, has been found to make the oils less likely to cause cancer. If I had to choose between eating ordinary corn oil or corn oil that was 100% saturated, to make a hard margarine, I would choose the hard margarine, because it resists oxidation, isn't suppressive to the thyroid gland, and doesn't cause cancer. " RP

Since PUFA is bad because it gets rancid in a heated enviorment, does this mean that it have the same effects that trans fat has?

"The fresh oils, whether cold pressed or consumed as part of the living plant material, are intrinsically toxic, and it is not any special industrial treatment that makes them toxic."-RP

It's not the heating. It's the fat itself. You could have 100% cold pressed organic oil and it would still have an effect inside your organism. The fact that people cook with these oils and also eat them in large amounts as condiments like ranch dip, mayo and salad dressing is another problem. But another thing to remember is that even if you avoided those things, you still get some of this natural fat from even highly saturated fats and "low" pufa foods. There's still pufa in them all.

plus the body doesn't deal well with it because its not natural

Trans fats are naturally in dairy and meat.

Queequeg

"However, the basic hardening process, hydrogenation of the oils, has been found to make the oils less likely to cause cancer. If I had to choose between eating ordinary corn oil or corn oil that was 100% saturated, to make a hard margarine, I would choose the hard margarine, because it resists oxidation, isn't suppressive to the thyroid gland, and doesn't cause cancer. " RP
I would agree with that. 100% saturation gets rid of all trans fats and PUFAs. Unfortunately for non-peaters most margarine is partially hydrogenated.
Trans fats are naturally in dairy and meat.
technically true but normally people ignore those when talking about the dangers of trans fats, otherwise NYC steak houses are in big trouble.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals