Toxins through manufactured amino acids like Taurine and Glycine

aquaman

In this article: http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

RP Says:
Despite research that clearly showed that adults assimilate whole proteins more effectively than free amino acids, much of the public has been led to believe that “predigested” hydrolized protein and manufactured free amino acids are more easily assimilated than real proteins, and that they are not toxic. Even if free amino acids could be produced industrially without introducing toxins and allergens, they wouldn't be appropriate for nutritional use.

So would suggest that people using glycine and taurine would be bad.

I have seen a lot of people on the site mentioning using these.

I think you will find comparatively that this is one of the smaller planks in the eye, so to speak.

haidut

Forum Supporter
aquaman said:
In this article: http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

RP Says:
Despite research that clearly showed that adults assimilate whole proteins more effectively than free amino acids, much of the public has been led to believe that “predigested” hydrolized protein and manufactured free amino acids are more easily assimilated than real proteins, and that they are not toxic. Even if free amino acids could be produced industrially without introducing toxins and allergens, they wouldn't be appropriate for nutritional use.

So would suggest that people using glycine and taurine would be bad.

I have seen a lot of people on the site mentioning using these.

Ray also recommends the hydrolyzed version of the Great Lakes gelatin, so even he is not always consistent:):
In addition, he himself has recommended taurine as an isolated amino acid. But, I would generally agree that if you can find a whole protein source of taurine that would give you 2g-3g daily then by all means go for the whole food.

Dr. B

Ray also recommends the hydrolyzed version of the Great Lakes gelatin, so even he is not always consistent:):
In addition, he himself has recommended taurine as an isolated amino acid. But, I would generally agree that if you can find a whole protein source of taurine that would give you 2g-3g daily then by all means go for the whole food.
hey mate has Ray specifically advised on dosing for taurine?
i asked him several times and he says he doesnt recommend any supplements, nor taurine, and the foods he recommends like shellfish, cheese, dairy, liver contain it. it seems like he is fine with the intake around 500mg or less.
also, he advises restricting cysteine, doesnt the body make taurine via cysteine and b6 or something. taurine seems to make you colder and slower, though it has the anti anxiety effect. it also has a constipating effect. interestingly beta alanine has the exact opposite effects, seems to wire you, not sure of temp, but it has a pro anxiety effect and pro diarrhea effect.

im not sure about the gelatin, ive seen posts on here saying hydrolyzed version is bad, and theres big issue now with enzymes used for hydrolysis with cheese, whey, possibly that gelatin too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals