Toxic Liver - What's Best Remedies? Milk Thistle?

DMF

Can chewing raw milk thistle seeds whole work well on liver?
Cran Berry juice any good - or is that for kidneys?
I have symptoms of excess ammonia.

YourUniverse

Do you eat fruit or potatoes? Peat mentions both are good sources of keto acids, which sort of "soak up" excess ammonia and combine to make amino acids.

Peatful

Can chewing raw milk thistle seeds whole work well on liver?
Cran Berry juice any good - or is that for kidneys?
I have symptoms of excess ammonia.
Aim for @ least 100g+ of Peat approved protein a day.
(Macros at 40/30/30. Carb/protein/fat)

B-styles

Yes milk thistle is excellent for liver. More protective than cleansing. Cranberries and Apples are best liver cleansing foods. Had great success with all these. Excess ammonia could be from poor digestion of proteins. Glutamine detoxifies ammonia but isn't liked by Peat.

Lurker

Milk thistle, B vitamins, caffeine, etc increase phase one detox in the liver. The output of this process then needs to be conjugated into water soluble compounds for disposal. This takes glycine, taurine, (also glutamine and cysteine but those aren’t recommended for supplementation). and sulphur based phytochemicals like in cruciferous veggies. I would not push one side without pushing the other.

Acutely things like Ceylon cinnamon or even urea itself will help excess ammonia. Amino acid supplementation may help with making the enzymes needed for good protein digestion.

B-styles

Yes Vit C removes ammonia along with heavy metals which tend to accumulate in liver too

TibRex

Any experience with this ? Thought about trying it. Looks good

I've just bought a few bottles to try out so I'm unable to give any proper feedback at present. Sorry about that! Anyway this is a well known/popular formulation. Once, I came across a gentleman who asked a salesperson for it and she told him it had been discontinued - to which he looked very regretful. He said he had had great results from consuming it.

Capt Nirvana

Do you eat fruit or potatoes? Peat mentions both are good sources of keto acids, which sort of "soak up" excess ammonia and combine to make amino acids.
Do we store fat like a salmon or a codfish? And is the French way of force-fattening a goose liver (with CORN) healthier for the goose than the Roman way (with DRIED FIGS)?

Remedy that I prefer: TUDCA, NAC with selenium and molybdenum, activated charcoal, and as a natural bile acid binder: steamed beets (with salt and coconut or olive oil and vinegar)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals