Toxic Free Coffee Makers/Machines?

Frankdee20

Basically the same thing Steve. Aside from capacity, true Chemex filters are superior in their ability to filter out certain compounds. They say the Chemex produces an extremely balanced beverage. I'd definitely go with a simple Hario V60, or Kellita Wave (same thing, but flat base, not cone). These two definitely go head to head in the pour over community.

Frankdee20

Haha, Thanks a lot for telling me this Frank, i would have just got the paper filters and would have been pretty disappointed.. Would buying the Hario V-60 and resting it over a mug with the paper filter and pouring in the hot water literally be the same type of thing as the chemex pour method apart from the fact you'll get a lot more coffee out of a chemex?
Planning on buying this Hario: Hario V60 Glass Coffee Dripper 02 - White
One of the glass mugs: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tescoma-40...1504734443&sr=8-23&keywords=coffee+glass+mugs
And then the Unbleached paper filters: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-100-U...04734496&sr=1-1&keywords=coffee+paper+filters

Am i all sorted from here? :p:

Yes.

TeslaFan

I use Chemex filters with a Hario dripper, which is easier to clean than Chemex carafe.

Steve123

I use Chemex filters with a Hario dripper, which is easier to clean than Chemex carafe.
You use the chemex paper filters is it? Are the chemex paper filters superior to normal paper filters you can get? And can you get small enough ones to fit a Hario V60?

Pompadour

Baffling how few peaters are into espresso! What about a good crema?!
I adore espresso! To me the only good ways to make good coffee are turkey pot and espresso machine, because in both cases coffee has an excellent "frothing" or crema.
I 've heard once the proverb (sorry my translation!) "to deprive coffee of froth is like deprive it of its face" ... Maybe its turkiesh i don't know.

Frankdee20

True espresso (not the stuff made in moka pots) is the ***t. Love it, but I also love a brew with higher water content, thinner, less oil.

Frankdee20

Stovetop espresso in stainless steel.

Yeah, I make that every day, it's called a Moka pot. These aren't true espresso though, they call it espresso I guess because it can be made in 2-3 minutes. True espresso uses steam under high heat and intense pressure to extract the coffee. Only a machine can do this.

Frankdee20

I should say those stovetop makers can yield a cup that's as close to true espresso as possible. If you use the right coffee, the right technique, better quality pots even leave Crema. Just like machines can. The trick for me is once the coffee comes half way up, lower the flame, or kill the gas completely. Right before that final gushing noise is when you want no heat. It scorches the coffee, and the gushing destroys your Crema.

TeslaFan

You use the chemex paper filters is it? Are the chemex paper filters superior to normal paper filters you can get? And can you get small enough ones to fit a Hario V60?

They are very dense and filter more than others. It takes longer to brew as a result, but definitely better if you want to reduce some of the oils that raise cholesterol. And yes, they are larger than necessary for Hario dripper, but it still fits, it just sticks outside, but that's fine.

Steve123

Guys, any tips for a coffee newbie like me on starting coffee to increase tolerance to it, as I've never ever drunk it ever before? E.g Small amounts first? More milk? Etc? Small amounts Different times of day etc etc? Cheers!

Waynish

I adore espresso! To me the only good ways to make good coffee are turkey pot and espresso machine, because in both cases coffee has an excellent "frothing" or crema.
I 've heard once the proverb (sorry my translation!) "to deprive coffee of froth is like deprive it of its face" ... Maybe its turkiesh i don't know.

Did you know more (non-faux) crema is due to more co2 from the beans fermenting in warmer temperatures?! :cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::emoji_coffee:

Waynish

Guys, any tips for a coffee newbie like me on starting coffee to increase tolerance to it, as I've never ever drunk it ever before? E.g Small amounts first? More milk? Etc? Small amounts Different times of day etc etc? Cheers!

The best is with food. So having a meal with all macros and ending with an espresso. The coffee needs to have sugar in it as well - to taste.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals