Toxic Free Coffee Makers/Machines?

I doubt you'll find a reasonably-priced, non-toxic coffee "machine" but there are still plenty of non-toxic brewing methods. Some suggestions:

1. Pour-over Method With Glass Equipment.

Boil water in a glass kettle ($9) — just don't use the plastic whistle top.

Use the pour-over brewing method with paper filters in a ceramic or glass Chemex coffeemaker ($41), or a mason jar.

Danny Roddy has a brewing video where he uses that exact glass kettle and a glass chemex, I think.

2. Vietnamese Coffee Filter

Boil water in glass kettle. Brew in a vietnamese metal coffee filter ($6.50).

Similar to pour over method, but no paper filters required. It's like a small stainless steel pot with holes in the bottom. Here's a video of the brewing process.

There's a bit of a learning curve in figuring out how much coffee grounds to use and how to use the damper device inside so that you don't end up with grounds in your glass.

I made a post about the traditional recipe here: viewtopic.php?p=94340

3. Buy Cold-Brewed Concentrated Coffee

Here's what Trader Joe's version looks like. There are other brands selling similar products though. Some even available online but more expensive.

Yes, it comes in a plastic bottle, but from my (admittedly brief) research on cold-brewing the brewing probably happens in glass or stainless steel — and it's cold water that is used so there would be less leaching from the containing material in all phases of the process.

I made a post about a "recipe" for mixing this with milk and simple syrup here: viewtopic.php?p=94326
Thank you for this suggestion @seeyeff. I have been needing to address this issue…

1700852335125.jpeg

AlaskaJono

what do you guys think about the bialetti?

View attachment 58530
Yep, I have at least one of these mokha pots in Stainless Steel as this one looks to be. Highly recommend it . Makes an 'almost there' espresso . Easy and simple and foolproof. Unless one walks away from the scene, then the metal heats up too much and burns the gasket.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals