Torso/back Too Hairy

Ilvar

Hi, I was reading a few posts on another thread which suggested that while beard and head hair growth is normal, thick torso hair is a sign of estrogen doninance. I’ve been very hairy since puberty, but while my forearm hair is fine and a light brown colour my shoulders, torso, back and thighs/buttock area have an extremely dark coarse hair growing. Does anybody here know if this coarse hair is due to rdtrogen doninance, and has anybody successfully gotten rid of this hair?

My test results came back and my testosterone level is 18.1 nmol/L (normal range being 8.7 - 29.0) while progesterone is 1.8 nmol/L, oestradiol is 123 pmol/L (normal being < 161) and prolactin 171 mIU/L ( <240). The nurse said these results look normal but after reading Peat’s articles and the other threads here I dont think my hormonal profile is as masculine as it could be, especially the heavy body hair.

I wonder too about the thick, dark, coarse hair. I often noticed this in middle aged men in my family and beyond. I don't have thick or dark or coarse hairs in the chest for example, but it seems more prevalent in older guys anyways -- like some of their hair starts getting more bushy/thicker for some reason in certain areas (some men at least).

I think of lions for example -- look at the fur or manes of old male lions vs. young ones. I think the old ones get bushier looking manes, for example, than more youthful ones for the most part.

I know that thick and dark hair on the body/chest/etc. is attributed to supposed "manhood" but I wonder if having these features is more a sign of decline in (more commonly that I notice it) older guys than younger ones (chest, back, arm hair, etc.).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My husband has a ton of back hair. He had none at all when we met 21 years ago. He’s 46 and not Peaty at all but I love him so I manscaped his back today at his request.

ExCarniv

I developed lots of hair in torso while vegan in my adolescence, lost my head hair too, smh.

All mans in my family aren't bald and doesn't have torso/back hair.

I blame the vegan diet.

lampofred

I think serotonin/phosphate/declining heat production increases body hair. So high calcium, avoiding hypoglycemia, eating ample protein & salt, and avoiding PUFA should all help protect against excess body hair.

gaze

you can’t get rid of it once it’s there. you can only prevent more hair from growing in bad areas (back) and prevent hair from losing in good areas (scalp, legs, eyebrows). Also torso hair is good, shoulder, back, and triceps is when it’s from estrogen

ExCarniv

you can’t get rid of it once it’s there. you can only prevent more hair from growing in bad areas (back) and prevent hair from losing in good areas (scalp, legs, eyebrows). Also torso hair is good, shoulder, back, and triceps is when it’s from estrogen

Used to eat lots of soy when vegan in my adolescence, so definitely was a strongen response.

lvysaur

The presence of hair has nothing to do with hormones, only genetics.

The texture/fullness of the hair is hormonal. Thick, coarse, fast growing hairs are a sign of metabolic decline.

gaze

How confident are you of this?

Has Anybody Noticed A Reduction In Body Hair On A Peatish Diet?

OP reported change in body hair doing a Peat diet. May be very unlikely but possible.

Decently confident. Ive never in my life seen a case of someone with a lot back hair getting a clean back simply from balancing hormones (even though unbalanced hormones is what causes it). sure, under a perfect restoration of metabolism, with perfect hormones, i can see the back hair thinning, but even then highly unlikely. Once those hairs become mature hairs there’s really no way to get rid of all of them that doesn’t involve age and a declining body in which all body hair thins and falls out

gaze

The texture/fullness of the hair is hormonal. Thick, coarse, fast growing hairs are a sign of metabolic decline.

That’s false. There’s definitely a genetic predisposition to the ability to grow certain hair, but unbalanced hormones with excess estrogen/prolactin is what causes the bald scalp with an extremely hairy body (specifically back, neck, shoulder, etc.) . can be largely avoided under optimal conditions in pregnancy, youth, and adulthood, which of course as everyone knows is damn near impossible.

Kunstruct

Not sure how estrogen dominance is that, for a man to get lots of body hair.
Most androgen abusing bodybuilders which all use whatever possible to inhibit estradiol, have lots of torso hair and you can't tell they are estrogen dominant when showing tons of androgens and anti-estrogens in them for years. Yeah it's mostly shaved, but now these last years when their are all on social media you can get the chance to see a photo with the body hair not actually shaved entirely.

ExCarniv

Not true, no one in my family have body hair or are bald, only me after a heavy soy vegan diet.

Zigzag

My beard is sparse, hairline is recedin and have little to no torso hair. My father on the other hand is very healthy, hairy, isn't balding. I blame it on the genetics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals