Topical/transdermal Vit D At 5000 IU Raises Blood Levels

raypeatclips

Topical Delivery of Vitamin D3: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study

Int J Biomed Sci. 2014 Mar; 10(1): 21–24.

PMCID: PMC3976443
Topical Delivery of Vitamin D3: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study
Mir Sadat-Ali, Dalal A. Bubshait, Haifa A. Al-Turki, Dakheel A. Al-Dakheel, and Wissam S. Al-Olayani

"The study group of women were asked to apply; Top-D (Aloe Vera based- Vitamin D3) (Patency Pending) was developed at King Fahd Hospital of the University, AlKhobar with each gram of the Top-D cream delivering 5000 IU of vitamin D3. The second group used 1 gram of Aloe vera gel. "

"The average 25OHD in the study group pre-treatment was 12.05 ng/mL ± 6.54 and post-treatment was 37.95ng/mL ± 6.43 (P≤0.0001). In the control group the pre-treatment 25OHD was 10.4 ng/mL ± 3.97 and post-treatment was 9.58 ng/mL ± 3.03."

Study lasted 3 months.

Inaut

bump. I started using aloe vera again topically and stumbled on to the above study. I've also read elsewhere that aloe vera is an effective skin penetrant and so I wonder if anybody has any experience using EOs/topical fat soluble vitamins such as D/E and aloe vera gel mixed together? I like how it absorbs and i like that it's not an oil...

dukesbobby777

bump. I started using aloe vera again topically and stumbled on to the above study. I've also read elsewhere that aloe vera is an effective skin penetrant and so I wonder if anybody has any experience using EOs/topical fat soluble vitamins such as D/E and aloe vera gel mixed together? I like how it absorbs and i like that it's not an oil...
Which gel do you use?

aniciete

I’m curious if anybody on this forum has lab tests proving they successfully raised their vitamin d levels with topical administration.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals