Topical/Transdermal Magnesium Detoxifies Toxic Metals And Improves Mag/cal Balance

raypeatclips

I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own post.

http://www.cnelm.com/NutritionPractitioner/Issues/Issue_11_1/Articles/7 Transdermal Mg revised2.pdf

"Following provision of a hair sample for analysis of mineral content each patient tested was instructed to apply 20 sprays of BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original spray daily, anywhere on the body, plus a 20 minute foot soak using 100ml BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original Soak (using a simple water footbath) twice weekly. At the end of 12 weeks’ treatment a further hair analysis was conducted."

"Mineral analysis pre-treatment indicated that 7 of the 9 patients enrolled had low cellular magnesium levels as predicted by our epidemiological analysis. After transdermal applications for 12 weeks all patients except one had a significant increase in cellular magnesium ranging from 2% to 262%. One patient ceased application prematurely, three weeks before final analysis. Overall an average increase of 59.7% was seen."

"It is understood that calcium and magnesium oppose each other at the intracellular level and that calcium requires the presence of sufficient magnesium for it to become soluble within the body. Thus low magnesium intake will produce evidence of high calcium storage outside of the bone (referred to as calcification). Overall 100% of patients improved their calcium/magnesium ratio and the average improvement over the period of this study was 25.2%."

"Finally, and the most surprising finding, was the effect of the magnesium on the detoxification of toxic minerals. Seven of the nine test cases, so 78%, showed that using the magnesium oil body spray alongside the foot soak was able to antagonise and release toxic minerals including aluminium, lead, cadmium and mercury amongst others."

"Magnesium is a well recorded antagonist for these toxic minerals but generally health practitioners will use extensive detoxification protocols with their patients/clients and yet this study showed that using a simple application of 20 daily body sprays and a twice weekly foot soak brought about some significant changes in the toxic mineral picture with minerals clearly being released from storage and excreted."

vulture

I'm seriously thinking in applying magnessium topically to a varicose vein, along with some other Haidut's ideas, if it reduces it's size, will do the same to varicocele veins
All I can find here in Venezuela is magnessium chloride (already dissolved, liquid). Is gonna be that or buying some oil from amazon

moringa

I'm seriously thinking in applying magnessium topically to a varicose vein, along with some other Haidut's ideas, if it reduces it's size, will do the same to varicocele veins
All I can find here in Venezuela is magnessium chloride (already dissolved, liquid). Is gonna be that or buying some oil from amazon

the soak oil and the spray are the same thing... its 31% magnesium oil, just buy magnesium chloride flakes, and mix 31grams with 1 liter of distilled water in a spray bottle

vulture

the soak oil and the spray are the same thing... its 31% magnesium oil, just buy magnesium chloride flakes, and mix 31grams with 1 liter of distilled water in a spray bottle
Great idea, indeed. It easily dissolves in water and with a spray you cold apply in several parts quickly and let it dry for a few minutes

Myth or Reality—Transdermal Magnesium?
"Based on the current studies it is extremely alarming if a successful treatment of magnesium fails by propagation of transdermal magnesium, a scientifically not yet proven form of magnesium application. We suggest that future research should focus on a larger number of human subjects given higher concentrations of, for example, a magnesium cream application administered for longer durations to investigate whether transdermal application may show a significant contribution to improvement in magnesium status. Magnesium might be able to get into the lymphatic system beneath the dermis and enter the circulatory system, bypassing the regulation through the GI tract and hereby increasing serum magnesium [23,24,25]. However, we cannot yet recommend the application of transdermal magnesium."

haidut

Forum Supporter

http://www.cnelm.com/NutritionPractitioner/Issues/Issue_11_1/Articles/7 Transdermal Mg revised2.pdf

"Following provision of a hair sample for analysis of mineral content each patient tested was instructed to apply 20 sprays of BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original spray daily, anywhere on the body, plus a 20 minute foot soak using 100ml BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original Soak (using a simple water footbath) twice weekly. At the end of 12 weeks’ treatment a further hair analysis was conducted."

"Mineral analysis pre-treatment indicated that 7 of the 9 patients enrolled had low cellular magnesium levels as predicted by our epidemiological analysis. After transdermal applications for 12 weeks all patients except one had a significant increase in cellular magnesium ranging from 2% to 262%. One patient ceased application prematurely, three weeks before final analysis. Overall an average increase of 59.7% was seen."

"It is understood that calcium and magnesium oppose each other at the intracellular level and that calcium requires the presence of sufficient magnesium for it to become soluble within the body. Thus low magnesium intake will produce evidence of high calcium storage outside of the bone (referred to as calcification). Overall 100% of patients improved their calcium/magnesium ratio and the average improvement over the period of this study was 25.2%."

"Finally, and the most surprising finding, was the effect of the magnesium on the detoxification of toxic minerals. Seven of the nine test cases, so 78%, showed that using the magnesium oil body spray alongside the foot soak was able to antagonise and release toxic minerals including aluminium, lead, cadmium and mercury amongst others."

"Magnesium is a well recorded antagonist for these toxic minerals but generally health practitioners will use extensive detoxification protocols with their patients/clients and yet this study showed that using a simple application of 20 daily body sprays and a twice weekly foot soak brought about some significant changes in the toxic mineral picture with minerals clearly being released from storage and excreted."

Thanks, great find. I think the last 2 paragraphs contradict each other though. One of them says Mg inhibited toxic mineral release, while the other one says they were "clearly being released and excreted". So, which one does it do?

Wagner83

to apply 20 sprays of BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original spray daily, anywhere on the body, plus a 20 minute foot soak using 100ml BetterYou™ Magnesium Oil Original Soak
These kind of studies are usually funded by the company, I recently saw a promising study on vitamin C (@Amazoniac):

High-dose ascorbic acid increases intercourse frequency and improves mood: a randomized controlled clinical trial. - PubMed - NCBI
High-dose ascorbic acid increases intercourse frequency and improves mood: a randomized controlled clinical trial.
Brody S1.
Author information
Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Ascorbic acid (AA) modulates catecholaminergic activity, decreases stress reactivity, approach anxiety and prolactin release, improves vascular function, and increases oxytocin release. These processes are relevant to sexual behavior and mood.

METHODS:
In this randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled 14 day trial of sustained-release AA (42 healthy young adults; 3000 mg/day Cetebe) and placebo (39 healthy young adults), subjects with partners recorded penile-vaginal intercourse (FSI), noncoital partner sex, and masturbation in daily diaries, and also completed the Beck Depression Inventory before and after the trial.

RESULTS:
The AA group reported greater FSI (but, as hypothesized, not other sexual behavior) frequency, an effect most prominent in subjects not cohabiting with their sexual partner, and in women. The AA but not placebo group also experienced a decrease in Beck Depression scores.

CONCLUSIONS:
AA appears to increase FSI, and the differential benefit to noncohabitants suggests that a central activation or disinhibition, rather than peripheral mechanism may be responsible.
------------------------------
But:

Funding issues for this study: Funding by GlaxoSmithKline, appears to be involved in conducting the study as well

moringa

Myth or Reality—Transdermal Magnesium?
"Based on the current studies it is extremely alarming if a successful treatment of magnesium fails by propagation of transdermal magnesium, a scientifically not yet proven form of magnesium application. We suggest that future research should focus on a larger number of human subjects given higher concentrations of, for example, a magnesium cream application administered for longer durations to investigate whether transdermal application may show a significant contribution to improvement in magnesium status. Magnesium might be able to get into the lymphatic system beneath the dermis and enter the circulatory system, bypassing the regulation through the GI tract and hereby increasing serum magnesium [23,24,25]. However, we cannot yet recommend the application of transdermal magnesium."

are u suggesting that the magnesium cant get into the body through the skin?

are u suggesting that the magnesium cant get into the body through the skin?

I just posted this research review. Make of it what you will. Personally, I believe it can't, and take magnesium chloride orally. Though, it may be able to get in through hair follicles and larger pores like the arm pits for example. Scalp too. If I were to use it topically, I'd use it in those areas.

moringa

I just posted this research review. Make of it what you will. Personally, I believe it can't, and take magnesium chloride orally. Though, it may be able to get in through hair follicles and larger pores like the arm pits for example. Scalp too. If I were to use it topically, I'd use it in those areas.

can any nutrient be delivered into the body through the skin in your opinion?

can any nutrient be delivered into the body through the skin in your opinion?

Ionic minerals probably can't in basic solvents like water. A special creme or gel base that would change the charge is usually necessary.

Things dissolved in DMSO or other complex carriers can enter the skin barrier much easier.

What about swimming in the ocean for minerals?

Again, if it would enter the body, it could be through follicular openings (body hair & scalp), skin wounds, or large pores. Through the majority of normal skin surface it probably can't enter.

moringa

Ionic minerals probably can't in basic solvents like water. A special creme or gel base that would change the charge is usually necessary.

Things dissolved in DMSO or other complex carriers can enter the skin barrier much easier.

if i soak in magnesium sulphate or boron(borax) i can taste it in my mouth, if i apply iodine on skin(including scalp) i can taste it in my mouth... apparently it does get in the system fairly quickly

if i apply magnesium chloride on skin i can literally feel how it lowers sodium and i must eat some salt to rebalance electrolytes

NinaElisa

I use both the oil and the gel ( it is also oily) from this brand 15 min before showering ( I hate their texture), and the relaxation and tension relief afterwards are noticeable.

B

Braveheart

Very interesting, but...This link not working?...

Motif

So... does topical Magnesium work or not?

What about applying it after a hot bath for opening up the pores?

Inaut

if i soak in magnesium sulphate or boron(borax) i can taste it in my mouth, if i apply iodine on skin(including scalp) i can taste it in my mouth... apparently it does get in the system fairly quickly

if i apply magnesium chloride on skin i can literally feel how it lowers sodium and i must eat some salt to rebalance electrolytes

ditto.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals