Topical Tocovit

I am considering using 10 drops on my skin after a shower while still wet. Has anyone tried this form of application and experienced positive changes or do you think oral administration is best?
I am thinking of adding defibron topically as well at the same time. I would be interested in hearing thoughts...

J.R.K

I am considering using 10 drops on my skin after a shower while still wet. Has anyone tried this form of application and experienced positive changes or do you think oral administration is best?
I am thinking of adding defibron topically as well at the same time. I would be interested in hearing thoughts...
I have found that applying the vitamins in the dissolved liquid form into the naval to be quite beneficial. I believe @haidut has information on this on his blog, Haidut.me

Funnywhensunny

I have found that applying the vitamins in the dissolved liquid form into the naval to be quite beneficial. I believe @haidut has information on this on his blog, Haidut.me
Yes, but it is hard to apply more than two or three drops to the navel.
I'd like to know if anyone has experimented with dosing multiple chemicals on the skin simultaneously like Defibron or Tocovit that require many drops.
Do the chemicals that contain DSMO vs. MTC provide more bio availability when applied to thin skin vs. fatty tissue?

I like the idea of spreading it on my skin when it is wet out of the shower. I take a lot of supplements so I'm trying to avoid over taxing my liver and kidneys.

Zoltanman

thanks for the blog recommendation @ecstatichamster , looks like 40+ pages of awesome stuff!

Have you ever heard of anyone getting literal bruising (aka I fell badly playing soccer, weeks to restore normal colour) from simple tocovit (vit E) application on skin? A friend I gave some E to has this happen now, a few times in a row.

thanks in advance for any pointers!

Navel application is very powerful, for me at least. seems to hit stomach / digestion very fast

James b

thanks for the blog recommendation @ecstatichamster , looks like 40+ pages of awesome stuff!

Have you ever heard of anyone getting literal bruising (aka I fell badly playing soccer, weeks to restore normal colour) from simple tocovit (vit E) application on skin? A friend I gave some E to has this happen now, a few times in a row.

Navel application is very powerful, for me at least. seems to hit stomach / digestion very fast
What have you found the best supplement in regards to improving digestion through naval application?

Zoltanman

@James b I have a very high retinol burn rate, don't know why. So, I'll need 10 drops on belly to calm down digestive issues this creates, but only 3 drops in bellybutton will have more effect than a spread out 10 drops.

Tocovit (E) is much the same reaction for me. Just today tried cyproheptadine today with similar results.

James b

@James b I have a very high retinol burn rate, don't know why. So, I'll need 10 drops on belly to calm down digestive issues this creates, but only 3 drops in bellybutton will have more effect than a spread out 10 drops.

Tocovit (E) is much the same reaction for me. Just today tried cyproheptadine today with similar results.
Interesting. Do you now do naval route for all your supps, or is there any that you’ve still found work better orally. Just to check, thats 3 drops of retinyl palmitate navally = 15,000iu, after each meal or once a day?

they need K2 MK4. I use it with Tocovit.

Zoltanman

Thanks heaps for the info @ecstatichamster

I do navel, forearm, belly and oral doses of lots of stuff, really a mixed bag depending on symptoms @James b and I have sometimes needed 6 drops retinil palmitate (5k per drop) up to 3 times daily to avoid skin issues. These usually pair with digestion issues like looseness and ease of gut irritation.

I also use retinil acetate (2.5k per drop) on skin or orally in a capsule, and have good results from belly button application, gives me a better ratio of drops to resolution of issues.

Hope that helps!