Topical T3 For Hair Growth

baccheion

IIRC yeah Roy swanks diet was finally low/very low fat, high in fiber (may limit fat absorption) and supplemented with vit E

btw all the guys like Roy swank, jack kruse etc who push PUFAs are full of lipofuscin
The only « known » guy coming to my mind and who consume lot of pufa, Sunbath, etc and isn’t full of lipofuscin is Ben greenfield but well he use every supplement/cure/drugs and whatnot so not representative of the main pufas eaters

inuits diet is full of pufas but they aren’t exposed a lot to the sun with their clothes bc of cold
The more you are near the equator, the more the sun exposure, the hotter, pufas rarefaction

If you go in the street you can say if a person eat pufas just by looking on their skin (brown lipofuscin spot on arms/ hands/ scalp, where sun rays hit)
More PUFA needs more C, E, and selenium to protect against peroxidation. And melatonin at night (maybe ZMA is sufficient for younger males).

TibRex

I think it will inhibit 5 alpha receptors when applied to the scalp

Yes, your point is supported in a 1992 study :

"Inhibiting 5 alpha reductase, enzyme known for causing hair loss

A 1992 study finds that certain unsaturated fatty acids have the ability to stop hair loss caused by DHT hair miniaturization (dihydrotestosterone).

The researchers found that these fatty acids
block the 5a reductase enzyme from converting testosterone into DHT.

So what are those fatty acids? Gamma linoelic acid, alpha linolenic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, and finally myristoleic acid.

... almost 90% of grapeseed oil is made out of linoleic acid and oleic acid!"

Source: Grapeseed Oil for Hair Growth – 230% Follicle Increase

It could additionally be due to the high Vit E or proanthocyanidins content in grapeseed oil. Here another quote from the same article :

"A Japanese research team discovered that proanthocyanidins, the main compound found in grape seeds, promote hair growth stimulaton by switching follicles from the resting to the active phase."

LOL : Grapeseed oil for hair growth 230% follicle increase #follicular growth #hair g… in 2020 | Grapeseed oil hair growth, Grapeseed oil hair, Hair growth oil

Last edited:

Frankdee20

A 1992 study finds that certain unsaturated fatty acids have the ability to stop hair loss caused by DHT hair miniaturization (dihydrotestosterone).

So what are those fatty acids? Gamma linoelic acid, alpha linolenic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, and finally myristoleic acid.

It could additionally be due to the high Vit E or proanthocyanidins content in grapeseed oil. Here another quote from the same article :

"A Japanese research team discovered that proanthocyanidins, the main compound found in grape seeds, promote hair growth stimulaton by switching follicles from the resting to the active phase."

LOL : Grapeseed oil for hair growth 230% follicle increase #follicular growth #hair g… in 2020 | Grapeseed oil hair growth, Grapeseed oil hair, Hair growth oil

I wonder if that gets involved systematically and exerts effects in the body despite being applied topically .... when I tried Ketoconazole on the scalp, I feel like it messed with my erections (it’s a 5 alpha inhibitor)....

TibRex

I wonder if that gets involved systematically and exerts effects in the body despite being applied topically .... when I tried Ketoconazole on the scalp, I feel like it messed with my erections (it’s a 5 alpha inhibitor)....

Sounds nasty ... I ran a check on the drug and noticed that the side effects read like a house-of-horrors menu. Not only does it mess with erections, but also crash one's libido. See the attached file. Yes, it's also pretty systemic in its impact too, so you're spot on : hepatic, cardiovascular, endocrine, dermatologic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, genitourinary, metabolic, nervous system, musculoskeletal, ocular, respiratory, psychiatric, including fatigue, asthenia, hot flush, malaise, peripheral edema, pyrexia, chills... applying it to the scalp is probably a lot safer than oral dosing - still...

The loud preamble at the top of the article is a big red flag for sure :
Ketoconazole Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term - Drugs.com

Attachments

• Ketoconazole - side effects.jpg
    Ketoconazole - side effects.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9

Vegancrossfit

@TibRex I've moved on from whole chocolate milk to chocolate soy milk (I get body odor from dairy, none of it with soy milk which is convenient, plus I'm on nandrolone only so I don't mind the extra phytoestrogens). I'll see what isoflavones do to my hair. I recently buzzed it, pre nandrolone, from nose length to totally bald just to track regrowth proper. Also using LLLT half an hour every day. Diffuse NW2 in my 30s.

I'm also a total cayenne / ghost pepper fiend, my only cheat meal is nuclear/suicidal hot wings once a week. If I'm not gagging on the first bite it ain't strong enough. I know, it's got PUFAs. Well I'm 9% fat so I'll deal with one bad meal a week. I guess all that super spicy sauce has enough capsaicin!

TibRex

@TibRex I've moved on from whole chocolate milk to chocolate soy milk (I get body odor from dairy, none of it with soy milk which is convenient, plus I'm on nandrolone only so I don't mind the extra phytoestrogens). I'll see what isoflavones do to my hair. I recently buzzed it, pre nandrolone, from nose length to totally bald just to track regrowth proper. Also using LLLT half an hour every day. Diffuse NW2 in my 30s.

I'm also a total cayenne / ghost pepper fiend, my only cheat meal is nuclear/suicidal hot wings once a week. If I'm not gagging on the first bite it ain't strong enough. I know, it's got PUFAs. Well I'm 9% fat so I'll deal with one bad meal a week. I guess all that super spicy sauce has enough capsaicin!

I lean more toward a vegetarian diet, generally. I wasn't fond of soy products after reading the no-no stuff from Mary Enig et al. It went on for years but recently I decided to reverse that to see what happens when one eats it regularly. So far, so good. Where I am, I've yet to come across anyone singling soy out for its anti-nutrient effects. Oh, I can't wait for my next teppanyaki tofu meal, preferably steamed with sweet & spicy soy sauce.

There are so many theories out there about hair loss - so I just try anything that comes along so long as it's simple to carry out and inexpensive ... ya, being practical.

So, has nandrolone done wonders for you? What about LLLT ... any luck with that? I read somewhere in a forum that red light works too ... so does onion, ginger, garlic, guava, judging from the many posted videos on YT.

Heard of redensyl? It's popular in Europe I read, and I remember seeing it sold on eBay ...
redensyl + onion juice, OMG!! OK, that's topical only. I daresay it's not as bad as munching capsaicin-drenched chicken wings and what not. 99% pure capsaicin sells at USD126 for 50gm on eBay!! I guess it's worth it, when one is desperate to reverse hair loss + Type 1 diabetes.

Feast your eyes on the teppanyaki tofu buffet :
teppan tofu - Google Search

Last edited:

Kenny

230% of what lol - turns NW7's one scalp hair into 2.3 scalp hairs :eyes:

Vegancrossfit

I lean more toward a vegetarian diet, generally. I wasn't fond of soy products after reading the no-no stuff from Mary Enig et al. It went on for years but recently I decided to reverse that to see what happens when one eats it regularly. So far, so good. Where I am, I've yet to come across anyone singling soy out for its anti-nutrient effects. Oh, I can't wait for my next teppanyaki tofu meal, preferably steamed with sweet & spicy soy sauce.

There are so many theories out there about hair loss - so I just try anything that comes along so long as it's simple to carry out and inexpensive ... ya, being practical.

So, has nandrolone done wonders for you? What about LLLT ... any luck with that? I read somewhere in a forum that red light works too ... so does onion, ginger, garlic, guava, judging from the many posted videos on YT.

Heard of redensyl? It's popular in Europe I read, and I remember seeing it sold on eBay ...
redensyl + onion juice, OMG!! OK, that's topical only. I daresay it's not as bad as munching capsaicin-drenched chicken wings and what not. 99% pure capsaicin sells at USD126 for 50gm on eBay!! I guess it's worth it, when one is desperate to reverse hair loss + Type 1 diabetes.

Feast your eyes on the teppanyaki tofu buffet :
teppan tofu - Google Search

I’ll pass on the expensive supplements! Already felt like dropping hundreds on a fancy cap was enough.
Honestly I’m not sure about nandrolone. I think it’s such a weak androgen I’m worried of an RU58841 like effect on the heart. My cardio was going south and I felt the weirdest chest pains, that was unexpected. I recently introduced some HCG. Seems better idk. I don’t like the idea of using multiple systemic drugs so I’ll probably back off and stick to short haircuts + topicals + food. Hair seems blacker. I like the warm feeling from LLLT, sometimes getting a bit of a sweat. Feels like doing cardio while working. Since I react strongly to minoxidil I like that I get increased blood flow up there without the itch and flaking.

one thing is for sure I’m saving those messages of yours and will take a look at what’s cheap and convenient. If all I need is to let something sit overnight and wash it off in cold water upon waking up, why not.

johnwester130

Yup. If you want to regrow lost human hair (assuming MPB) permanently (minoxidil isn’t permanent) you need to fix the thymus by modulating androgen load or cheat with topical cyclosporine. Everything else is snake oil in comparison.

Why did travis say cyclosporine regrew hair?

What was the mechanism he mentioned?

johnwester130

If I recall correctly Travis said that the reason finasteride worked was because it lowered interferon-y which I believe cyclosporine inhibits.
WAY-316606 is much better

it's bascially the active part of cyclosporine a without the damage

dreamcatcher