Topical lugol's iodine?

Coderr

I want to use lugol iodine transdermally. I know iodine is burner . How can I use it so it doesn't burn my skin?

AlaskaJono

It does burn the skin a bit, and I am using that for eliminating some skin spots. It does stain both your skin, and your clothes. No way around that.

If you want to apply it to your skin in order to absorb it internally, I just advise you to then research ingesting it. You will just absorb a fraction of it even if you use DMSO. Years ago when I was 49 I decided to do a "macro mineral top up", and selenium, copper, zinc, boron, and lugol's solution were all part of it. I took 50 mg daily for 6 months religiously, then 3x week for another 3 months, then low dose 5 mg 3x for for another 4-5 months. My wife did similar regime about 35 mg daily. Since then I have not taken it again continuously. Only a few times

I was just starting reading Ray Peat articles deeply at that time, and when I discovered he is not into Lugol's, I just did not worry as I was not taking for metabolism, and I wanted to finish my experiment. Cheers.

frannybananny

It does burn the skin a bit, and I am using that for eliminating some skin spots. It does stain both your skin, and your clothes. No way around that.

If you want to apply it to your skin in order to absorb it internally, I just advise you to then research ingesting it. You will just absorb a fraction of it even if you use DMSO. Years ago when I was 49 I decided to do a "macro mineral top up", and selenium, copper, zinc, boron, and lugol's solution were all part of it. I took 50 mg daily for 6 months religiously, then 3x week for another 3 months, then low dose 5 mg 3x for for another 4-5 months. My wife did similar regime about 35 mg daily. Since then I have not taken it again continuously. Only a few times

I was just starting reading Ray Peat articles deeply at that time, and when I discovered he is not into Lugol's, I just did not worry as I was not taking for metabolism, and I wanted to finish my experiment. Cheers.
So what were the resluts of your experiment? Your conclusions?

AlaskaJono

So what were the resluts of your experiment? Your conclusions?
It worked for my wife as a "brightening of her energy levels", her words. My result was as if a slight 'veil' of greyness was lifted after only 10 days = more clarity. And the afternoon dips in energy were not as pronounced. Longer term was not even such as a sniffle or cold for 1.5 years or longer. (At that time we had a big garden which accounted for 50% of our veggie intake through out the year.)

As for topical it has worked well several times over the last 4 years to treat skin 'issues'. Small areas that are thin skinned pink and become slightly scabbed and irritated. I put 10 drops on it, one drop a min or so to dissolve (this is 7% solution) and then reapply. Then put a small bandage over or some surgical tape and a folded bit of paper towel. After maybe 5 or so days I give it a rest and see if when the scab falls off is it healed. If not then I repeat.

frannybananny

It worked for my wife as a "brightening of her energy levels", her words. My result was as if a slight 'veil' of greyness was lifted after only 10 days = more clarity. And the afternoon dips in energy were not as pronounced. Longer term was not even such as a sniffle or cold for 1.5 years or longer. (At that time we had a big garden which accounted for 50% of our veggie intake through out the year.)

As for topical it has worked well several times over the last 4 years to treat skin 'issues'. Small areas that are thin skinned pink and become slightly scabbed and irritated. I put 10 drops on it, one drop a min or so to dissolve (this is 7% solution) and then reapply. Then put a small bandage over or some surgical tape and a folded bit of paper towel. After maybe 5 or so days I give it a rest and see if when the scab falls off is it healed. If not then I repeat.
So did it work? Did the scab fall off and not return?

AlaskaJono

Yes it did. I am finishing up 2 spots at the moment, and will post pics when it is done. ;-)

The more strict the protocol the better. If it is say dime size- 1cm circle- then 10 -20 drops at a go, 2 x day for 5 days, then 10 days more of 1 x daily (which is 10-20 drops). Basically it is irritating the hell out of it and making your body recognize that it needs to fix it ! I tried the mct oil and did not work for me.
It literally NOT a quick fix,hehehe, as you must wait for the 1 drop to dry, which is a min or more, then apply again. And your finger gets stained as well. Price of admission.

Jam

Can 5 year old Lugol's Iodine still be used?
Yes. Depending on how airtight the container is, the solution may have lost a good bit of the iodine, thus becoming clearer. But it is safe to use.

Gustav3Y

Yes. Depending on how airtight the container is, the solution may have lost a good bit of the iodine, thus becoming clearer. But it is safe to use.
The container is not air tight anymore, the rubber part of the dropper has petrified and cracked all over.

AlaskaJono

I have had a few eyedropper tops like that of other substances, and the cracks had not gone All the way through. Just put a drop on your skin, repeat, and if 7 or 10 drops feel a bit burny, then it is still strong.

Gustav3Y

I have had a few eyedropper tops like that of other substances, and the cracks had not gone All the way through. Just put a drop on your skin, repeat, and if 7 or 10 drops feel a bit burny, then it is still strong.
This is one is cracked and petrified completely, I think for around 2 years now, but never threw away the bottle as I barely used it when I bought it around 5 years ago.

IMG_20211201_121119022_2.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals