Topical DHEA for muscle growth and strength gains

maxpower

@Hans Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about doing the same. Maybe I will do the blood tests after a month or something. You think there is need of an AI? The transdermal DHEA lower the estrogen for me since I have joint and neck pains.
Did you use the dhea alone? I’m going to try topical DHEA when it arrives, where do you apply thanks

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yea will it increase testosterone or estrogen much? I only want the DHT increase
It's going to increase DHT first and then T. As T goes up, so will E2.

golder

It's going to increase DHT first and then T. As T goes up, so will E2.
What would be a safe topical upper limit for DHEA for those who really don’t want any rise in estrogen (my dad has leukaemia with low androgens but high-ish estrogen).
Thanks!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Someone said it lowers estrogen a lot they’ve used it with experience
Yes I've seen that. The response will be highly variable based on the individual. Studies show that topical DHEA on average increase E2 when used at 50mg daily.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What would be a safe topical upper limit for DHEA for those who really don’t want any rise in estrogen (my dad has leukaemia with low androgens but high-ish estrogen).
Thanks!
Probably up to 25mg. However, I'd still recommend eating a nutrient-dense diet with aromatase inhibiting compounds, such as zinc, selenium, magnesium, B-vitamins, etc. If someone is prone to a high estrogen state, they will likely convert more androgens to estrogens by default.

golder

Probably up to 25mg. However, I'd still recommend eating a nutrient-dense diet with aromatase inhibiting compounds, such as zinc, selenium, magnesium, B-vitamins, etc. If someone is prone to a high estrogen state, they will likely convert more androgens to estrogens by default.
Thanks man, agree with the diet, that’s going to be incorporated alongside. Would androsterone or DHT potentielly be of better for my dad here as these cant(?) aromatise
whatsoever unlike DHEA?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks man, agree with the diet, that’s going to be incorporated alongside. Would androsterone or DHT potentielly be of better for my dad here as these cant(?) aromatise
whatsoever unlike DHEA?
Probably if you want to minimize estrogen yes. But I'd still add a little DHEA to the mix.