Topical Caffeine And Aspirin For Beard Growth?

Runenight201

I think logically anything that systemically boosts DHT enhances beard growth. So androsterone + pansterone combo, lifting heavy **** weights but ensuring lots of rest and nutrition for proper recovery, red meat/eggs/dairy.

Minoxidil is guaranteed to cause growth, but it works by increasing NO locally at the follicle site. Whether it systemically increases NO would be something to investigate, but if you're willing to dgaf it, I know a lot of guys have success with Minoxidil.

Runenight201

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14996087/

I take my NO theory back, unless someone provides evidence contrary to the matter. The article doesn't mention a mechanism of action via NO, although Peat stated here http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2014/02/15/ray-peat-phd-on-nitric-oxide/, that minoxidil should be avoided. I'm sure he was speaking in terms of the oral form of minoxidil, which originally was created to treat hypertension, and incidentally found to cause system hair growth.

Googling Minoxidil and Nitric Oxide didn't lead to too many promising results, but I did find that Minoxidil contains a Nitric Oxide chemical Moeity, which is a nitric oxide agonist.

This one character from this hairloss forum states that it doesn't increase NO but simply mimicks its effects.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/discus/messages/1/3823.html?1153987822

Minoxidil ( Lonitin ) does not make NO ( "nitric oxide" ) or increase levels of it. As the name implies, miNOxidil contains the nitric oxide chemical structure. It apparently derives its ability both as a blood vessel dialator and as a hair-growth-stimulator from acting as an NO "Agonist". Interestingly, I was the researcher who first discovered and reported this (he says modestly). See http://www.drproctor.com/Archd.htm for the paper.

Again, miNOxidil fakes NO, which is what we pharmacologists mean when we say a drug is an "agonist". It does not produce it.

From the one review I linked, they theorize increased anagen phases and shortened telogen phases, opening of potassium channels, stimulation of cell proliferation, inhibition of collagen, stimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor, and prostaglandin synthesis.

Prostaglandin synthesis is for sure concerning, especially since Prostaglandins are implicated in the Arachidonic Cascade and the resultant inflammatory state that usually leads to disease, but again, Minoxidil may just cause this locally at the site of application.

I think input by others would be interesting. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence of men using minoxidil for beard growth and seeing results with little side effects, but then again, there's a lot of people who say the same thing with Finasteride, and we know how that can end up X.X

LCohen

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14996087/

I take my NO theory back, unless someone provides evidence contrary to the matter. The article doesn't mention a mechanism of action via NO, although Peat stated here http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2014/02/15/ray-peat-phd-on-nitric-oxide/, that minoxidil should be avoided. I'm sure he was speaking in terms of the oral form of minoxidil, which originally was created to treat hypertension, and incidentally found to cause system hair growth.

Googling Minoxidil and Nitric Oxide didn't lead to too many promising results, but I did find that Minoxidil contains a Nitric Oxide chemical Moeity, which is a nitric oxide agonist.

This one character from this hairloss forum states that it doesn't increase NO but simply mimicks its effects.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/discus/messages/1/3823.html?1153987822

Minoxidil ( Lonitin ) does not make NO ( "nitric oxide" ) or increase levels of it. As the name implies, miNOxidil contains the nitric oxide chemical structure. It apparently derives its ability both as a blood vessel dialator and as a hair-growth-stimulator from acting as an NO "Agonist". Interestingly, I was the researcher who first discovered and reported this (he says modestly). See http://www.drproctor.com/Archd.htm for the paper.

Again, miNOxidil fakes NO, which is what we pharmacologists mean when we say a drug is an "agonist". It does not produce it.

From the one review I linked, they theorize increased anagen phases and shortened telogen phases, opening of potassium channels, stimulation of cell proliferation, inhibition of collagen, stimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor, and prostaglandin synthesis.

Prostaglandin synthesis is for sure concerning, especially since Prostaglandins are implicated in the Arachidonic Cascade and the resultant inflammatory state that usually leads to disease, but again, Minoxidil may just cause this locally at the site of application.

I think input by others would be interesting. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence of men using minoxidil for beard growth and seeing results with little side effects, but then again, there's a lot of people who say the same thing with Finasteride, and we know how that can end up X.X

That stuff is toxic, I wouldn't even touch it.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Side effects seem low but exactly I've seen some crazy claims of minox and zero to hero beards in just a year. Then again beard growth can change and develop very quickly in your twenties but by which mechanisms are most effective is the question. Does Androsterone have an effect on 5ar sensitivity on the skin enough to produce androgen growth ?

Runenight201

DHT is usually responsible for bodily and facial hair growth and I think is upregulated in the 20s vs teenagers, which is why beard growth and bodily hair growth occurs during these years.

That's why I recommended the systemic ingestion of these 3 substances, which have androgenic effects and boost T and DHT, leading to more male characteristics.

Honestly, if I didn't have facial hair and for sure wanted it, I'd topically use minoxidil. It's pretty guaranteed to grow SOMETHING. Combine that with a peaty diet emphasizing androgenic development and I think that will produce results.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

DHT is usually responsible for bodily and facial hair growth and I think is upregulated in the 20s vs teenagers, which is why beard growth and bodily hair growth occurs during these years.

That's why I recommended the systemic ingestion of these 3 substances, which have androgenic effects and boost T and DHT, leading to more male characteristics.

Honestly, if I didn't have facial hair and for sure wanted it, I'd topically use minoxidil. It's pretty guaranteed to grow SOMETHING. Combine that with a peaty diet emphasizing androgenic development and I think that will produce results.
Have you tried androsterone

Runenight201

I’m careful with the steroidal hormones but I do use 1mg androsterone with 2.5mg DHEA/preg morning and night.

I’m not sure if this is enough to do anything, but I will say that I love the scent of DHEA/preg. That alone keeps me using it. I put it on my neck and wrist like cologne lol.

I usually feel very good after taking it, I try not to over do it, I’m sure higher doses would make me feel even better, but I’m trying to avoid the biphasic effects of supplements and also economically make the supps last. I’m also 24 so it’s not like I need to be blasting steroids lmao. I have high estrogen from a heavy drinking past and being overweight, so I take the steroids on theory of their strongly anti-estrogenic effects, and I slowly see my face becoming less puffy and my bloat fading, and my abs coming in. I have a 4 pack when flexed, and I’m in it for the long haul on the 8 pack, but I’ll never calorie restrict and if I don’t ever get it wtv, as long as I’m progressing in my calisthenics and physical endurance I’ll be happy.

Diet has always trumped everything in my experience, but I like how supps can augment certain things. If you’re not gettin sufficient calories to put yourself into an anabolic state, nothing works properly.

Haidut posted how his DHT flew over the upper limit of normal when taking androsterone and pansterone, but he took more than I did.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I’m careful with the steroidal hormones but I do use 1mg androsterone with 2.5mg DHEA/preg morning and night.

I’m not sure if this is enough to do anything, but I will say that I love the scent of DHEA/preg. That alone keeps me using it. I put it on my neck and wrist like cologne lol.

I usually feel very good after taking it, I try not to over do it, I’m sure higher doses would make me feel even better, but I’m trying to avoid the biphasic effects of supplements and also economically make the supps last. I’m also 24 so it’s not like I need to be blasting steroids lmao. I have high estrogen from a heavy drinking past and being overweight, so I take the steroids on theory of their strongly anti-estrogenic effects, and I slowly see my face becoming less puffy and my bloat fading, and my abs coming in. I have a 4 pack when flexed, and I’m in it for the long haul on the 8 pack, but I’ll never calorie restrict and if I don’t ever get it wtv, as long as I’m progressing in my calisthenics and physical endurance I’ll be happy.

Diet has always trumped everything in my experience, but I like how supps can augment certain things. If you’re not gettin sufficient calories to put yourself into an anabolic state, nothing works properly.

Haidut posted how his DHT flew over the upper limit of normal when taking androsterone and pansterone, but he took more than I did.
I'm egar to try a couple mgs of androsterone but doesn't androsterone have more pheromone effect? Then pansterone at least from ladies especially. I'm 215 lean with above average muscle mass 6foot1 androgens don't seem to be an issue but at 24 myself i would love to fill out my beard and increase 5ar after pufa diet in teens and saw palmetto use even though it wasn't for long

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Also would like to try super low doses of pure test and pure dht only if @haidut could legally make them for research ☹️

Runenight201

It certainly can't hurt to try the combo, and if you notice anything like increased aggression etc than probably back off as it's raising your DHT too high.

I've read androsterone having the pheromone effects, but DHEA/preg makes me horny for myself lol. I think scent is a powerful tool to gauge effectiveness of food/supps, just like taste is. Tbh what Im most concerned about is the increased aggression by other people in response to using androsterone. Usually people are pretty nice to me and I much prefer those types of interactions, but every so often I encounter the typical alpha male size up, which I don't really like, but becomes inevitable once a reasonable build with broader shoulders is put on.

I'm not too well versed in the science behind hair follicle expression and hormones, and what percentage is hormonally regulated and what percentage is genetically regulated. I'm sure there's some tested/DHT raged Asians out there with no beards for instance. But perhaps it really is all hormones, and they may have high test but no DHT.

Perhaps investigate more thoroughly the mechanism of action of Minoxidil and see if you can replicate it with Peaty substances...or just dgaf it and use minoxidil lol

olive

Minoxidil ruins collagen formation. So while it may help you grow a beard it will also age you considerably; facial bloating, wrinkles, eye bags are common side effects reported.

Zigzag

@Cameron, I have the same issue with beard. One side is full, the other has a patch on it. I hope androsterone will help.

LeeLemonoil

Rosemary and Virginian Cedar oils both have convincing studies behind their effectivity in treating scalp hairloss. Both oils could easily be incorporated into a facial cream, maybe it will help beard growth. Or apply punctually on the spots

vulture

While I used mesterolone 25 mg ED to 50 mg I noticed that my facial hair growled faster, but no extra hair around existing one. Higher dosages: no idea