Topical Bromocriptine Thread

charmer

Bromocriptine orally always makes me feel nauseous afterwards. I prefer cabergoline because you can take it on rare occasions, I also feel bad the next day, but the day after I feel marvelous. Have you tried lowering prolactin with vitex and b6 instead?

charmer

It depends, ondansetron causes nausea for me as well. Cypro does not.

paymanz

yeah cypro is great as it also prevent fibrosis side of bromo.but some ppl like me get low mood from cypro,sometimes.

OP
ecstatichamster
I believe I was also getting headaches again, from the bromocriptine. Today, second day of no bromocriptine, I feel great. No headache. No irritability. I feel more like my old self.

skycop00

I believe I was also getting headaches again, from the bromocriptine. Today, second day of no bromocriptine, I feel great. No headache. No irritability. I feel more like my old self.
Day 1 of 2.5mg bromocriptine for the wife and I. She went low blood sugar quickly and had to eat. She has been very congested with Bromocriptine and sleepy, even after 8 hours.
As for me, I feel off, lethargic, cingested and sleepy. Not horrible, but not great either.

Diokine

I wonder if I'm very sensitive to bromocriptine? I've taken 1mg in the morning the past 3 days, yesterday I felt very loopy and out of it, slightly cross eyed feeling. Also a very peculiar sensation behind my nose (sort of sneezy.) It's not pleasant. Some mild nausea as well.

paymanz

What if you keep the bromo tab in your mouth and into your cheeks?!

Same for t3 , that may improve your facial structure and skin!?

Your resources cant supply a systemic hyperthyroidism , but a locally hyper maybe a bit different.

Last edited:

Mat_Eire

What if you keep the bromo tab in your mouth and into your cheeks?!

Same for t3 , that may improve your facial structure and skin!?

Your resources cant supply a systemic hyperthyroidism , but a locally hyper maybe a bit different.

@paymanz did u continue taking bromo? Im taking 2,5 mg and does wonders for my ibs and gastritis but the nausea is pretty annoying.

paymanz

@paymanz did u continue taking bromo? Im taking 2,5 mg and does wonders for my ibs and gastritis but the nausea is pretty annoying.
No its a few months since last time i took it.just didnt felt i need it at moment.

Glad to hear you have good results with it for your ibs.

For sides, what if you half your dosage ,or maybe add small dose of ondansetron.

firebreather

I've started topical bormocriptine, 1.25mg with DMSO, got the idea from a post by Haidut mentioning it.

Day 3 now. Noticed good bowel movements, feeling good, maybe higher libido although it's always high.

I'll keep you posted.

Anyone else trying this or tried it?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but how did you dissolve it in the DMSO?

I tried this but even though i crushed it really find seems like it wouldn't dissolve very well

dhtsupreme

Experiment stopped.

Yesterday I felt a malaise, an anger, a disconnectedness. I was irritable. VERY. For no reason and it felt weird, depressing, disconnected.

I stopped taking it today, which would have been the daily dose.

I am slowly coming back to feeling connected.

Is this an effect of low prolactin?

Is this a side effect of the drug?

I also have itchy eczema feeling on my forearms.

Sex drive: nothing more than usual. Maybe less. Everything works as usual.
I know this thread has been inactive for a long time but let me say even now with that brand of dmso i had the same issues with my arm. I was trying 1mg of T with dmso a few months ago @ecstatichamster

I switched over to lanolin+mct oil and no side effects. Do you think the same can be done with bromocriptine or cabergoline? @ecstatichamster

I have puffy areola which may be linked to high prolactin levels. It goes away when I abstain for a long time (improvements start at roughly 20 days and keep getting better after) but it's very difficult to maintain abstinence. Especially while eating T boosting foods, vitamins, and herbs. Natural dopaminergic compounds (mucuna, tyrosine, b6. vitamin e, cistanche etc.) help with my lack of focus caused by pmo but I haven't seen an immediate change to my nipples. I want to try bromocriptine and cabergoline but I'm worried about the side effects. A bit on the young side

dhtsupreme

3mg is very low. I would try 10mg - 20mg topical.
I'll give 10mg a shot. I shied away from higher doses because other members reported antiandrogenic effects like shrinkage down below but I'm willing to give it a shot and see for myself. How was your experience with progesterone?

OP
ecstatichamster
I'll give 10mg a shot. I shied away from higher doses because other members reported antiandrogenic effects like shrinkage down below but I'm willing to give it a shot and see for myself. How was your experience with progesterone?

I use it every day. At the start it may cause estrogen symptoms but those disappear and it's awesome. Sometimes I use 50mg or more.

dhtsupreme

Woah 50mg or more? Do you have any side effects and are you taking it orally or topically?

I remember reading that progesterone pushes estrogen out of tissues and into the blood. Maybe those members were experiencing temporary estrogen symptoms and thought it was due to progesterone. That's great that it works for you!

OP
ecstatichamster
Woah 50mg or more? Do you have any side effects and are you taking it orally or topically?

I remember reading that progesterone pushes estrogen out of tissues and into the blood. Maybe those members were experiencing temporary estrogen symptoms and thought it was due to progesterone. That's great that it works for you!

okay I'm in my 60s, my T is 900 and my estrogen is low normal, prolactin is low normal. So I'm doing great in the hormone department. I use 10 - 50mg of Progest-E per day. At first I had a numb penis but that passed and there are nothing but positive effects. Important: I also take about 5mg DHEA with it.

dhtsupreme

okay I'm in my 60s, my T is 900 and my estrogen is low normal, prolactin is low normal. So I'm doing great in the hormone department. I use 10 - 50mg of Progest-E per day. At first I had a numb penis but that passed and there are nothing but positive effects. Important: I also take about 5mg DHEA with it.
That's impressive and good to know. Thanks again
I'll create a separate thread in the future and post any changes. Maybe this can help others like me