Top 6 Anti-Constipation Foods (#1 is a must eat)

Hans

Forum Supporter
For those who want to speed up transit time without supplements, here are a few easy to obtain foods that can help. Keep in mind that everyone responds differently to certain foods and even studies find that there are responders and non-responders.
I personally found very noticeable effects from kiwi, although I started eating some for sleep quality, and not for gut health specifically. That's when I became very interested in them.

Cloudhands

Do u reccomend eating the skin of the kiwi as well?
And i agree with the cocoa benefits. I recently moved to a new place, and noticed that for some reason get really gassy and bloated with the brand of milk sold here. But then, when i made chocolate milk i noticed no discomfort. Ive tried going back to regular milk drinking, but i get really wet farts lol. Cant complain about chocolate banana smoothies with collagen and molasses all day tho :D

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do u reccomend eating the skin of the kiwi as well?
And i agree with the cocoa benefits. I recently moved to a new place, and noticed that for some reason get really gassy and bloated with the brand of milk sold here. But then, when i made chocolate milk i noticed no discomfort. Ive tried going back to regular milk drinking, but i get really wet farts lol. Cant complain about chocolate banana smoothies with collagen and molasses all day tho :D
No skin haha. It will most likely not taste good and difficult to digest. There is actually a kiwi supplement that contains the skin as well, but the fruit without the skin will give you all the benefits you want/need.

Glad someone else also got gut benefits from cocoa. :) Cocoa and banana smoothies are delicious for sure. I like mango smoothies a lot too. Sadly the bananas here the quite gut-irritating for me. Once I can harvest my own, I'd definitely give it a try again.

Mr Joe

Great article Hans. I always thought that kiwi with banana and pineapple was highly serotonergic.

Serotonin level : "plantain 30.3 +/- 7.5; pineapple 17.0 +/- 5.1; banana 15.0 +/- 2.4; Kiwi fruit 5.8 +/- 0.9; plums 4.7 +/- 0.8; and tomatoes 3.2 +/- 0.6. "

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article Hans. I always thought that kiwi with banana and pineapple was highly serotonergic.

Serotonin level : "plantain 30.3 +/- 7.5; pineapple 17.0 +/- 5.1; banana 15.0 +/- 2.4; Kiwi fruit 5.8 +/- 0.9; plums 4.7 +/- 0.8; and tomatoes 3.2 +/- 0.6. "
Thanks man.
It does contain some serotonin, but it's not that much. Kiwi is actually very good at lowering inflammation in the gut as well as serotonin synthesis (which is positively correlated with gut inflammation).

Cloudhands

Thanks man.
It does contain some serotonin, but it's not that much. Kiwi is actually very good at lowering inflammation in the gut as well as serotonin synthesis (which is positively correlated with gut inflammation).
I had always thought that seritonin in foods doesnt pass the BBB and that its mostly destroyed when digested. That things like tryptophan were more likely a cause of higher serotonin symptoms

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had always thought that seritonin in foods doesnt pass the BBB and that its mostly destroyed when digested. That things like tryptophan were more likely a cause of higher serotonin symptoms
It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, but it can increase serum serotonin slightly. Nothing like SSRIs though.

Aladdin

For those who want to speed up transit time without supplements, here are a few easy to obtain foods that can help. Keep in mind that everyone responds differently to certain foods and even studies find that there are responders and non-responders.
I personally found very noticeable effects from kiwi, although I started eating some for sleep quality, and not for gut health specifically. That's when I became very interested in them.

Thanks Hans for the useful research. Is golden kiwi less effective than the green kiwi for constipation? I prefer the taste of the golden kiwi as it is sweeter and less tangy. It also ripens quicker. The last time I bought some green kiwis from Costco, they never ripened, even after sitting in my kitchen for 3 weeks, and were too tough to eat. Maybe just a bad batch. The golden kiwis are quite expensive though.

mostlylurking

Keep in mind that everyone responds differently to certain foods and even studies find that there are responders and non-responders.
I found very noticeable effects from kiwi too. Kiwi is pretty highly allergenic. Every time I've tried to eat it my mouth breaks out pretty severely. I can only imagine what it's doing to my intestines.

Kiwifruit Allergy - Kiwi Allergy Evidently this is a fairly common reaction to Kiwi.

1612628159886.png

Here's a photo of what a kiwi allergy reaction looks like.

Birdie

I do eat bananas and pineapples, but they are not high on Ray's good list. Hard to recall his reasoning on pineapples, but he says bananas are highly industrialized. Seems like most every food is though.
He also doesn't think kiwis are beneficial if I remember right. I haven't eaten one in years.

Apple

bananas are highly industrialized.
What does it even mean highly industrialized ?
I guess potatoes are highly industrilized food, milk - sure highly industrilized, oranges, coffee - highly industrilized...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans for the useful research. Is golden kiwi less effective than the green kiwi for constipation? I prefer the taste of the golden kiwi as it is sweeter and less tangy. It also ripens quicker. The last time I bought some green kiwis from Costco, they never ripened, even after sitting in my kitchen for 3 weeks, and were too tough to eat. Maybe just a bad batch. The golden kiwis are quite expensive though.
It shouldn't be less effective. They've also tested the golden ones for gut health and found it to be very effective. I can only get the green ones and if they are ripe, they're not sour at all and pretty sweet.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I found very noticeable effects from kiwi too. Kiwi is pretty highly allergenic. Every time I've tried to eat it my mouth breaks out pretty severely. I can only imagine what it's doing to my intestines.

Kiwifruit Allergy - Kiwi Allergy Evidently this is a fairly common reaction to Kiwi.

View attachment 21567
Here's a photo of what a kiwi allergy reaction looks like.
Any food can be allergic for someone.
Kiwi has been shown to lower gut serotonin and CRP, so I'm pretty sure it's not causing inflammation in the gut. But it depends on the person ofc. Some people are allergic to peanuts, but they can actually cure that, so it should be the same with kiwis.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I do eat bananas and pineapples, but they are not high on Ray's good list. Hard to recall his reasoning on pineapples, but he says bananas are highly industrialized. Seems like most every food is though.
He also doesn't think kiwis are beneficial if I remember right. I haven't eaten one in years.
He mentioned that pineapple is high in serotonin. The fiber could also be gut-irritating.

equipoise

Thank you Hans, your articles are golden.
I've started eating kiwis with pork and it's amazing, seeing as kiwis aid the protein assimilation. Always have great digestion with them.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans, your articles are golden.
I've started eating kiwis with pork and it's amazing, seeing as kiwis aid the protein assimilation. Always have great digestion with them.
That's great man. I think that kiwi is one of the least gut-irritating fruits with a lot of benefits. Other fruits that can help with protein digestion are papaya and pineapple due to the papain and bromelain.

@Aladdin I prefer the 'Gold' variety as well, nectar compared to green IMO :hungry:

Dave Clark

Where I live I rarely see kiwis in the markets, off and on, and like someone said, they are not inexpensive. My question is: is there an acceptable organic powder or supplement that can do the same things that Hans talks about, or must it be the fresh fruit.
I recall Ray saying good things about tropical fruit, so if he doesn't like bananas, pineapple, kiwis, etc., what tropical fruit does he like? There are not many left to choose from in a standard market, at least here in the part of the States that I live in.

Hans, isn't there an opioid antagonist in plums/prunes as well?

Also your excess fibre section has a phrase which reads as "few people are unaware of" but probably is meant to read "few people are aware of" or "people are unaware of".

Cool article!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals