Top 10 Alpha Energy Habits

Hans

Forum Supporter

What have been the habits that made the biggest difference for you?

The last time I explored a new city I was full of energy and very focused even if I was drinking lots of milk (usually gives me brain fog). I believe that Exploration gives us a big boost of dopamine that could counteract the opioid effects.
Nutrition, sunlight and being active, of course, are key.

Mauritio

The last time I explored a new city I was full of energy and very focused even if I was drinking lots of milk (usually gives me brain fog). I believe that Exploration gives us a big boost of dopamine that could counteract the opioid effects.
Yes ,to that.
When I was in Nepal I could drink lassies(milk) without a problem. Here : no chance. Might have also been the high altitude.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For sure man. As a side note, exploring in a car is cool, but exploring on a bike is much cooler. Feeling more alive and free.

What about supplements bro, do you think the fat-solubles, Cytomel T3, magnesium, and selenium are a good foundation for increasing testosterone? I don't want to take a ton of supps but if there are better ones for t-boosting please let me know

Vileplume

Hans, I love that list! While reading, I thought more about the idea of "small wins," and I got to thinking that if we approach situations correctly, we can turn a lot of things into small wins. For example, even if I have a debate or heated discussion with a peer, and they make better points than I do, I don't have to view this as a "loss." I can take the perspective that I learned something from it, or I helped them learn something new, or I approached a discussion from a perspective of curiosity rather than blind commitment to dominance.

Nebula

Do you think topical lanolin converts much to vitamin D when getting sun exposure? Could that be a superior way to raise levels than taking vitamin d itself? Any research on this?

RealNeat

What have been the habits that made the biggest difference for you
Just to clarify, you are saying do both ear and nose? What do you use 1 drop (.5-1mg?)

"If your nose is clogged at bed time, apply some methylene blue on an earbud and apply that in your nose."

Or are you saying something you can stick up your nose, like a small cotton ball or something?

DonLore

Do you think topical lanolin converts much to vitamin D when getting sun exposure? Could that be a superior way to raise levels than taking vitamin d itself? Any research on this?
Sun exposure is always superior to pills. I doubt lanolin is needed, especially if some cholesterol is ingested from diet. But maybe there are some cases where even sun exposure isnt doing the job for some reason

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about supplements bro, do you think the fat-solubles, Cytomel T3, magnesium, and selenium are a good foundation for increasing testosterone? I don't want to take a ton of supps but if there are better ones for t-boosting please let me know
If you got diet and lifestyle in check, most supps really won't do much at all.
Here is an article on how to increase testosterone:

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, I love that list! While reading, I thought more about the idea of "small wins," and I got to thinking that if we approach situations correctly, we can turn a lot of things into small wins. For example, even if I have a debate or heated discussion with a peer, and they make better points than I do, I don't have to view this as a "loss." I can take the perspective that I learned something from it, or I helped them learn something new, or I approached a discussion from a perspective of curiosity rather than blind commitment to dominance.
Small wins are awesome, but as you mentioned, changing your perspective is what will help most to see where small wins can be made.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Lanolin contains both cholesterol and 7-dehydrocholesterol. Sunlight stimulates mitochondrial function. So the cholesterol will be used by the mitochondria to produce steroids and the 7-dehydrocholesterol will be used to create vit D. So it's still a win win both ways. If you just apply lanolin with going into the sun, you won't get the same stimulation.
Cholesterol is the rate-limited step in steroid synthesis in the skin, so providing cholesterol will increase steroids, but combining cholesterol and light will be even better.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just to clarify, you are saying do both ear and nose? What do you use 1 drop (.5-1mg?)

"If your nose is clogged at bed time, apply some methylene blue on an earbud and apply that in your nose."

Or are you saying something you can stick up your nose, like a small cotton ball or something?
Earbud as in Qtip, so nose only. :)
So I just coat that thing up and stick it up my nose and rub it against the inside. So no specific dose really.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sun exposure is always superior to pills. I doubt lanolin is needed, especially if some cholesterol is ingested from diet. But maybe there are some cases where even sun exposure isnt doing the job for some reason
Old people don't create as much vit D from the sun as younger people, and I think Peat mentioned that was because there is less cholesterol in the skin of older individuals. So applying lanolin will fix that deficiency and normalize vit D synthesis.
Also, NAD (topical niacinamide) enhances cholesterol levels in the skin and helps with vit D and steroid synthesis.

Nebula

Lanolin contains both cholesterol and 7-dehydrocholesterol. Sunlight stimulates mitochondrial function. So the cholesterol will be used by the mitochondria to produce steroids and the 7-dehydrocholesterol will be used to create vit D. So it's still a win win both ways. If you just apply lanolin with going into the sun, you won't get the same stimulation.
Cholesterol is the rate-limited step in steroid synthesis in the skin, so providing cholesterol will increase steroids, but combining cholesterol and light will be even better.
What grade of lanolin do you think would be best for this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals