Tooth Remineralization

baccheion

Huge amounts of water is more standard medical advice I quit after finding Peat. He doesn't recommend it as I recall.
With all the milk and oj he recommends, I never find myself thristy.

But, @Runenight201 thanks for the reminder about the sodium bicarbonate. I've been slacking on that.
Right now I am drinking and swishing a little glass of it.
Another thing you might like to do that I like is to use a little bicarbonate with a wet toothbrush on the teeth.
Then, I just swallow it. And I feel virtuous immediately as I get my CO2 benefit.
Where does he not recommend it and why was it said to be a bad idea? What I mentioned was drinking a lot of water at once not getting in 8 glasses per day. What effects did iodoral have on you? Did you take with companion nutrients? What changed after switching from iodine to peating?

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Huge amounts of water is more standard medical advice I quit after finding Peat. He doesn't recommend it as I recall.
With all the milk and oj he recommends, I never find myself thristy.

But, @Runenight201 thanks for the reminder about the sodium bicarbonate. I've been slacking on that.
Right now I am drinking and swishing a little glass of it.
Another thing you might like to do that I like is to use a little bicarbonate with a wet toothbrush on the teeth.
Then, I just swallow it. And I feel virtuous immediately as I get my CO2 benefit.

The only time I’ve even come close to cravin water is if I’ve sweated profusely in the hot sun while working out.

Most other times milk, fruit, tea, and coffee give me all the H2O I need =)

Lol swallowing my plaque and food debris sounds gross, but I can’t knock it until I try it. My NovaMin toothpaste hasn’t come in the mail yet, so it’s worth a shot.

Edit: @baccheion peat is against the advise to make sure you’re drinking a set quantity of water a day if one is getting the majority of your calories from fruit and milk, because they are so high in water content. Hydration is definitely very important, and if one was on a very salty starchy meaty diet with little fruit and milk, then drinking lots of water would be recommended.

Last edited:

baccheion

The only time I’ve even come close to cravin water is if I’ve sweated profusely in the hot sun while working out.

Lol swallowing my plaque and food debris sounds gross, but I can’t knock it until I try it. My NovaMin toothpaste hasn’t come in the mail yet, so it’s worth a shot.

Edit: @baccheion peat is against the advise to make sure you’re drinking a set quantity of water a day if one is getting the majority of your calories from fruit and milk, because they are so high in water content. Hydration is definitely very important, and if one was on a very salty starchy meaty diet with little fruit and milk, then drinking lots of water would be recommended.
I see. I was referring to drinking a larger amount of warm or room temperature water at once in the morning on an empty stomach to flush.

Birdie

I know it!! But I thought about the plaque and food debris and decided it was about like swallowing when you eat when you haven't just brushed.. I could be wrong. But it seems okay when I do it.

Birdie

Where does he not recommend it and why was it said to be a bad idea? What I mentioned was drinking a lot of water at once not getting in 8 glasses per day. What effects did iodoral have on you? Did you take with companion nutrients? What changed after switching from iodine to peating?
It's just that Ray doesn't recommend a water flush that I've heard. Maybe somebody else here can point you to his view on drinking water.
I used to do a lot of links to his work, but too busy now.

It wasn't that Iodoral seemed to have bad effects on me, just another thing I stopped after reading what Ray had to say.

Birdie

True, but he has said when questioned, that an occasional fluoride topical tooth application is okay. Being careful not to swallow.

cdg

True, but he has said when questioned, that an occasional fluoride topical tooth application is okay. Being careful not to swallow.

Yes if it is not avoidable but the absorption from the mouth is very good plus it is close to the thyroid

Sheik

If fluoride messes with your thyroid, look into nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste, and also NovaMin.

NovaMin is said to be more effective than fluoride (though it's apparently really expensive in the US so that could be propaganda). Remineralization Effect of Topical NovaMin Versus Sodium Fluoride (1.1%) on Caries-Like Lesions in Permanent Teeth

You might be able to import it from another country and save money.

http://oi718.photobucket.com/albums/ww188/pupesosweet3/Deep review/Sensodyne/NovaMin.png
This study says that nano-hydroxyapatite is about as effective as NovaMin.

One brand of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste is Apagard, which is expensive. There are other brands.

cdg

One brand of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste is Apagard, which is expensive. There are other brands.[/QUOTE]
One brand of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste is Apagard, which is expensive. There are other brands.
Wonder what other ingredients it has, everything written in Japanese?

Sheik

Wonder what other ingredients it has, everything written in Japanese?

The ingredients are listed in English here.
FAQ | SANGI CO.,LTD.

Did you look for any other brands? I seem to recall a Canadian brand that you could get cheaper than Apagard but I don't remember what it was called.

TibRex

Then, I just swallow it. And I feel virtuous immediately as I get my CO2 benefit.[/QUOTE]

I've a brand of toothpaste that contains a formulation of baking soda and lemon ... I believe both are good for teeth whitening but I read a dental review not long ago that that's the worst thing one can do. The dentist didn't explain why ... I guess it's the lemon and not the baking soda. I would also, once in a while, sprinkle diatomaceous earth (DE) on ordinary toothpaste and delight in the sparkly, clean feeling after the brushing. I came across a review by a lady in the US who would do that every day. When she went for her regular dental checkup, her dentist was amazed - her dental condition was off the charts - no cleaning, repair, etc needed. Not surprisingly, the dentist wanted to know her secret formula. According to her, the DE was as cheap as dirt, literally!

TibRex

The morning is a good time to consume 24-32 ounces warm or room temperature water to rehydrate, alkalize, and clear toxins.

I once courageously downed 6 mugfuls of water first thing in the morning after reading Dr. F. Batmanghelidj water cures. OMG, that wasn't nice. But to my surprise, my blood glucose plunged down steeply to normal - suggesting that blood glucose may be tied to the body's pH (@yerrag seems to be aware of this), something that Dr Robert O. Young also discovered -

[1]

[2] Book - The pH Miracle for Diabetes. Since it has been said that it takes 32 glasses of H2O to NEUTRALIZE the ACIDITY of coke, coffee, it's not surprising that my BG level dropped when I started drinking the 6 glasses of water first thing in the morning - the quantity of water drunk must have made a difference to the high body acidity. My sister, a type 2 diabetic, did the same thing and also found the same result ...

Last edited:

Birdie

I assumed that when Ray Peat said topical fluoride was okay as long as you didn't swallow it, that he was referring to the treatments sometimes done in dental offices. Some people get these treatments once or twice a year. I've refused these treatments all my life, but this is making me re-think my position.

Inaut

Anybody brush their teeth with calcium carbonate powder? I’ve been doing it the last week and my teeth feel pretty good. Wondering if it could help remineralize teeth (with a little salt).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals