Tooth Remineralization

Runenight201

Remineralization Effect of Topical NovaMin Versus Sodium Fluoride (1.1%) on Caries-Like Lesions in Permanent Teeth

Objective:
NovaMin, a synthetic mineral composed of calcium, sodium, phosphorous and silica releases deposits of crystalline hydroxyl-carbonate apatite (HCA) structurally similar to tooth mineral composition. The aim of this investigation was to compare the potential remineralization effect of topical NovaMin and Sodium Fluoride gel on caries like lesions in permanent teeth.

Materials and Methods:
A total of 60 sound human freshly extracted teeth were subjected to a pH-cycling protocol. Specimens were randomly assigned to one of the two treatment groups with NovaMin contained dentifrice applied to group 1, while group 2 received a dentifrice containing 1.1% neutral Sodium Fluoride. Pastes were applied five times after the samples received a demineralization from an earlier cariogenic challenge. Specimens were then evaluated by a Surface Micro Hardness test (SMH, 25G, 5s). Post-treatment SMH measurements were conducted and Mann Whitney test was employed for statistical analysis.

Results:
Mean post lesion SMH values were 221.99±26.27 and 224.50±28.64 for the first and second groups, respectively. Post treatment SMH values were 232.52±24.34 for NovaMin and 232.03 ±24.46 for the fluoride group. Two way ANOVA test showed a highly significant difference between the two different treatment protocols (p<0.001).

Conclusion:
NovaMin dentifrice appears to have a greater effect on remineralization of carious-like lesions when compared to that of fluoride containing dentifrice in permanent teeth.

Anyone try this out? I'm thinking about ordering sensodyne with NovaMin from the UK. I think ideally we support tooth mineralization through d/k2/calcium, but why not support it superficially as well?

Arrade

Are you consuming milk? I brush my teeth twice a day with flouride (Crest 3d white) and drink milk like 1-2 meals a day and I've never had any sort of tooth trouble.
Tbh I don't know how NovaMin could be unhealthy, I guess it depends on what your time scale is

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Yes I drink milk, eat cheese, and yogurt too. My teeth aren’t fully hardened, they are slightly translucent on the edges. The dairy for sure helps my nails and teeth, but there is only so much I can tolerate before I run into digestive problems.

I just bought vitamin d so im thinking 5-10000IUs orally a day on top of 12-15mgs of k2, and then I think I’ll supplement 500mg calcium for every fish and rice meal I eat to balance out the phosphorous, on top of the dairy I consume.

If that doesn’t give me rock hard teeth idk what will.

Arrade

Yes I drink milk, eat cheese, and yogurt too. My teeth aren’t fully hardened, they are slightly translucent on the edges. The dairy for sure helps my nails and teeth, but there is only so much I can tolerate before I run into digestive problems.

I just bought vitamin d so im thinking 5-10000IUs orally a day on top of 12-15mgs of k2, and then I think I’ll supplement 500mg calcium for every fish and rice meal I eat to balance out the phosphorous, on top of the dairy I consume.

If that doesn’t give me rock hard teeth idk what will.
That;s a lot of k2, I think honestly that would be out of balance.
I typically find 1mg-5mg is fine for every 10,000 iu Vit D, learning towards 1mg. 230 mcg mk7 would meet the daily threshhold in a normal calcium diet

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Take calcium carbonate with vitamin d and dhea and you will have rock solid teeth

For sure. I eat cheese and drink milk, just started around 15k vitamin D a day with 3mg of k2, and I’m taking 2 drops pansterone morning and night.

Let’s see how these teeth react lol.

baccheion

For sure. I eat cheese and drink milk, just started around 15k vitamin D a day with 3mg of k2, and I’m taking 2 drops pansterone morning and night.

Let’s see how these teeth react lol.
Splitting Kuinone across 3 servings is even better when trying to heal cavities. Are you also taking magnesium, silicon/monomethylsilanetriol, boron, and other minerals? A multivitamin? Which did you settle on?

Arrade

Splitting Kuinone across 3 servings is even better when trying to heal cavities. Are you also taking magnesium, silicon/monomethylsilanetriol, boron, and other minerals? A multivitamin? Which did you settle on?
@baccheion do you have any goals youself? I'm wondering because I've never seen u make a thread or anything

baccheion

@baccheion do you have any goals youself? I'm wondering because I've never seen u make a thread or anything
What do you mean?

I'm currently trying to heal cavities, minor brain lesions, and OCD/schizophrenia-like harassment. I'm also wondering about increasing testosterone and bone thickening/widening. It would be especially great to develop a more masculine lower 3rd (chin/mandibular).

I'm currently taking megadose vitamin D (60,000 IU D3 + 15 mg MK-4 + 400 mg chelated/TRAACS magnesium + Life Extension Two-per-day). I bought a 1-year supply. After, I plan to follow iodine protocol (using 650 mg potassium iodide if possible) as maintenance.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I’m going to take it easy on a lot of the amount of vitamins/minerals and see how I react with diet and these fat solubles.

I realized that what got me these cavities is that I stopped eating animal flesh and I overconsumed sucrose in the form of Mexican colas lol. Also the pasta and potatoes didn’t help. I’m now realizing the connection between tooth strength, gum health, and tooth health. Whenever my nails are strong usually the other two are good as well. Grains, especially pasta :(, ruin my nails and sugar ruins my teeth and gums.

So I’m eating three square fatty meaty cheesy meals a day and then milk as snacks with maybe a little bit of fruit/fruit juice for dessert. Each meal also has a couple servings of broccoli as well because I like how it complements with the meat and cheese. So that with the fat solubles, pansterone, and I’ve ordered the NovaMin tooth paste as well and I’ll prob add 4-6g of vitamin C a day.

I think this will at worst halt the progression of the cavities and at best start reversing it, but if I don’t see changes after a couple weeks I’ll start adding in the extra vitamins/minerals that @baccheion recommended.

Arrade

What do you mean?

I'm currently trying to heal cavities, minor brain lesions, and OCD/schizophrenia-like harassment. I'm also wondering about increasing testosterone and bone thickening/widening. It would be especially great to develop a more masculine lower 3rd (chin/mandibular).

I'm currently taking megadose vitamin D (60,000 IU D3 + 15 mg MK-4 + 400 mg chelated/TRAACS magnesium + Life Extension Two-per-day). I bought a 1-year supply. After, I plan to follow iodine protocol (using 650 mg potassium iodide if possible) as maintenance.
Chew gum a lot for massiter increase, I think that one is big on chewing.
Bro that is a ridiculous amount of iodine. Why are you doing that?
Tell us how the mk4 goes.

baccheion

I’m going to take it easy on a lot of the amount of vitamins/minerals and see how I react with diet and these fat solubles.

I realized that what got me these cavities is that I stopped eating animal flesh and I overconsumed sucrose in the form of Mexican colas lol. Also the pasta and potatoes didn’t help. I’m now realizing the connection between tooth strength, gum health, and tooth health. Whenever my nails are strong usually the other two are good as well. Grains, especially pasta :(, ruin my nails and sugar ruins my teeth and gums.

So I’m eating three square fatty meaty cheesy meals a day and then milk as snacks with maybe a little bit of fruit/fruit juice for dessert. Each meal also has a couple servings of broccoli as well because I like how it complements with the meat and cheese. So that with the fat solubles, pansterone, and I’ve ordered the NovaMin tooth paste as well and I’ll prob add 4-6g of vitamin C a day.

I think this will at worst halt the progression of the cavities and at best start reversing it, but if I don’t see changes after a couple weeks I’ll start adding in the extra vitamins/minerals that @baccheion recommended.
It can take 9 months to heal cavities, though it's said to be ~6 weeks if Weston Price's protocol is followed verbatim.

Chew gum a lot for massiter increase, I think that one is big on chewing.
Bro that is a ridiculous amount of iodine. Why are you doing that?
Tell us how the mk4 goes.
But what about skull widening and chin development? Or does it seem like bone while really being muscle/cartilage/fat/etc?

I tried the higher amount of potassium iodide for some time without issue. It's much less problematic than iodine. Eventually, it may be necessary to cut it in half once or twice.

I've been taking 15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4 for over a year. What are you wondering about?

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Reminds me how easy it is to destroy and how long it takes to build back up.

As long as my teeth don’t hurt and the cavities aren’t progressing and becoming worse I’m not that worried.

KennethKaniff

I don't know that you should blame the sucrose in the coca cola for that. The phosphoric acid is highly corrosive, and wears at tooth enamel. I'd bet the phosphoric acid is probably a bigger contributor to the detrimental effect of cola on teeth than sucrose is.

I drink a lot of orange juice, and other sucrose-sweetened beverages, but none with phosphoric acid. My dentist recently complimented the strength of my teeth and told me they had gotten stronger.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I don't know that you should blame the sucrose in the coca cola for that. The phosphoric acid is highly corrosive, and wears at tooth enamel. I'd bet the phosphoric acid is probably a bigger contributor to the detrimental effect of cola on teeth than sucrose is.

I drink a lot of orange juice, and other sucrose-sweetened beverages, but none with phosphoric acid. My dentist recently complimented the strength of my teeth and told me they had gotten stronger.

Thanks for point that out. It prompted me to do a little more research into the pH of our mouth. Apparently in a healthy person, the pH of the mouth is kept at 7.5 or higher due to our saliva, which contains calcium, phosphate, arginine, and bicarbonate.

Coca Cola has an acidity of 2.5, oj has an acidity of 3.5, and milks acidity is 6.5

Coca Cola is definitely the worst offender, and oj doesn’t seem like it’s too clean either. Only oj causes gum discomfort and really worsens the inflammation for me, so there might be something more to oj than just the acidity, and in any case, I’ve noticed that too much sucrose isn’t good for my general well being anyways. Not that it needs to be eliminated, but moderated.

https://www.dentistryiq.com/articles/2015/02/magic-of-ph-oral-health.html

So perhaps rinsing the mouth with sodium bicarbonate after meals, on top of eating lots of calcium, vitamin D, And k2 is important as well for maintaining oral health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals