Tooth decay

Hoodlt

This may be totally off topic for this group and if so, my apologies and please delete. I have to turn somewhere. I have a 20 year old daughter. She is generally in very good health. She had Lymes disease 2 years ago as a camp counselor but we caught it early, she did a month of antibiotics, plus laser therapy and Lipospheric C and lots of sea salt. Her test came back negative for Lymes a year later. She feels good, looks good, etc. The problem is her teeth. She had one cavity as a small child but then was cavity free until she hit adolescence. The cavities appear to be related to de-mineralization of her teeth and not bad oral hygiene. We spent thousands and thousands on them 2 years ago and now we are back in the same boat. They are literally crumbling in her mouth. We have been using a mineralizing home-made paste, raw milk and tons of butter but they keep on crumbling. Last estimate to get them fixed was over $3000. I am heading for broke. She lives 5 hours away and that makes it all the more difficult. She leaves for London in September and that really makes it difficult. She is crushed, I am stressed and at this rate, I will be working into my 80's to pay for her teeth and she will wind up in dentures at this rate. Anything Peat-like we can do??? Her menstrual cycle has always been normal, on time and nothing exceptional about it. Thanks in advance.

J

j.

I guess sunlight, a few drops of Thorne K2 daily, and daily consumption of milk (which apparently you already do).

Other than that, elimination of significant sources of polyunsaturated fats from the diet. That doesn't include eggs, eggs are good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
+1 for K2. Liver every day would probably help. Sunlight light j said.

J

j.

The Thorne K2 isn't cheap. It's about $62 per bottle, but if you take like 4 drops per day, a reasonable amount, it will last 10 months.

OP
H

Hoodlt

If I did liver capsules from grass fed cows, would that be as good as liver? She is living in a dormitory and that one might send them over the edge. I will definitely look into the K2. At this point $62 is cheap compared to the dentist.

HDD

My son has demineralization of his front teeth. Here is a Peat answer from emails at Peatarian.com.

Teeth

Besides keeping phosphates low, getting a lot of vitamin K, and maybe rubbing some onto the gums, might help; it's antiinflammatory. Some people have reverse gingivitis by "rinsing" with coconut oil twice a day, swishing it around for a couple of minutes.

I use baking soda, and I rinse my mouth after having sugar, orange juice, etc. The quality of the saliva, regulated mainly by the thyroid hormone, is the main factor in dental health. My newsletter on osteoporosis mentioned some of the studies on thyroid, estrogen, and tooth decay.

loess

Dessicated liver capsules are typically de-fatted, unfortunately this means that they likely don't contain much of the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K) that are in fresh liver.

Peata

Maybe you can dehydrate liver (make liver jerky) that would be fairly convenient to eat some each day.

Dan W

This isn't anything that Peat's recommended, but I think frequent xylitol rinses (4-5 times a day) really helped my oral health. They're easy to do by using cheap xylitol powder with a little water, swishing it around while it dissolves. I use this brand because it contains no additives.

Could be worth a try in addition to the other suggestions.

burtlancast

Fluoride is known to damage enamel and fragilise bones.
Make sure she doesn't drink fluoridated water or uses fluoridated toothpaste.

Then, brush the teeths with baking soda.

SQu

He mentions phosphate there, and elsewhere people have spoken of the calcium: phosphate ratio, about which.I know only that more fruit, less starch, helps, also less meat? Less legumes? Rinsing after fruit and fruit juices.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals