Took Pregnenolone, And Now Acne/period Issues Have Returned

kineticz

nattyjules said:
Thank you kinectiz! This explains the symptoms I've been getting, no matter the dose.

I've just bought the transdermal pregnenolone now, but will also start taking aspirin as well as micro dosing T3 throughout the day, with 1 tablet of Cynoplus in the AM.

Yes microdosing is much better. Keep us posted. Thanks.

400mg is a huge dose. I get suppression and anxiety on even 10mg oral preg these days. I had some luck once where 100mg oral preg went straight down the correct adrenal pathway and relieved all my neck pain, nervouseness etc, but it lasted a day then the withdrawal came back, and another 100mg preg made me live like a zombie for a couple months. I was taking vitex at the time it worked. Vitex is shown to reduce prolactin and enhance progesterone.

Also remember that aspirin only works for cellular respiration if you are glucose tolerant and have low PUFA content in your stores.

OP
N

nattyjules

Forgive my ignorance kineticz, but I thought that aspirin would help improve mitochondrial function? If I've got this wrong, how would I improve it instead?

haidut

Forum Supporter
kineticz said:
nattyjules said:
Thank you kinectiz! This explains the symptoms I've been getting, no matter the dose.

I've just bought the transdermal pregnenolone now, but will also start taking aspirin as well as micro dosing T3 throughout the day, with 1 tablet of Cynoplus in the AM.

400mg is a huge dose. I get suppression and anxiety on even 10mg oral preg these days. I had some luck once where 100mg oral preg went straight down the correct adrenal pathway and relieved all my neck pain, nervouseness etc, but it lasted a day then the withdrawal came back, and another 100mg preg made me live like a zombie for a couple months. I was taking vitex at the time it worked. Vitex is shown to reduce prolactin and enhance progesterone.

Also remember that aspirin only works for cellular respiration if you are glucose tolerant and have low PUFA content in your stores.

High dose aspirin lowers FFA and restore insulin sensitivity. I posted a study showing 6g aspirin a day for 2 weeks essentially reversed type II diabetes in humans. Aspirin was a common treatment for diabetes (both type I and II) back in early 20th century. Search PubMed for "sodium salicylate diabetes" and you will see for yourself. It worked rather well and it is a testament to the corruption of the medical system that nobody these days talks about using aspirin for QUICKLY reversing at least type II diabetes with virtually no side effects. The aspirin bleeding issues are largely a myth. I posted two human studies showing aspirin prevented both stomach and brain bleeding in hospitals and reduced mortality from already established bleeding events. But if you believe the myth you can take some vitamin K2 and get additional anti-diabetes benefits as well.

kineticz

haidut said:
kineticz said:
nattyjules said:

High dose aspirin lowers FFA and restore insulin sensitivity. I posted a study showing 6g aspirin a day for 2 weeks essentially reversed type II diabetes in humans. Aspirin was a common treatment for diabetes (both type I and II) back in early 20th century. Search PubMed for "sodium salicylate diabetes" and you will see for yourself. It worked rather well and it is a testament to the corruption of the medical system that nobody these days talks about using aspirin for QUICKLY reversing at least type II diabetes with virtually no side effects. The aspirin bleeding issues are largely a myth. I posted two human studies showing aspirin prevented both stomach and brain bleeding in hospitals and reduced mortality from already established bleeding events. But if you believe the myth you can take some vitamin K2 and get additional anti-diabetes benefits as well.

I believe you, what would you say about my reaction to high doses of aspirin, it massively increases my anxiety unless I glug loads of fruit juice but I'd have to sit and drink it all day to stop the anxiety,

Will that phase end and how do I lessen the anxiety which I presume is the reduction in fatty acid oxidation?

ilovethesea

nattyjules said:
Update:

Tried taking 400mg of pregnenolone (Life Extension) twice per day (around 11am and then 10pm), but by day 4 I had a large acne spot pop up next to my mouth. The following day I had another one on my neck - so stopped taking the pregnenolone for now.

I'd increased my magnesium and cyproheptadine intake (the latter I've now upped to 2mg twice a day) to see if it negated the androgenic effect, but sadly not!

Back to the drawing board for now...

Darn, sorry it didn't work for you! Maybe it works for me because I've been taking thyroid and cypro for a long time, and I worked on getting my glycogen up for over a year.

I think pregnenolone if it's going to work will be fairly immediate, i.e. a couple days. Skin should have less oil production and just look better overall. It's subtle but I see it.

I wish I could take less than 400mg. I tried halving the dose for a few days and my skin didn't seem as good.

Amberlense

Ah yes the classic pregnenolone dilemma. "But Ray says people have taken it up to 500 and 1000 mg" I hear you asking. "Why does it make me angry?" Pregnenolone is magic. It really is. Do I know why it works sometimes and why it does not? No. But it here is what I have found to be the trick. Only take pregnenolone while on Benadryl or Cyproheptadine. The anticholinergic effect of these drugs will prevent the bad reactions.
It doesn't make me angry exactly, i feel more energetic, alert and exuberant. But you know in a certain way it has had the affect of being more direct. I notice i don't back away from confrontation like i used to, im also making and maintaining more eye contact and saying exactly what i think when i think it ha. It's not aggression though. I think it's because i've been living with cortisol issues for so long maybe having that resolved is what causes this to occur. It's amazing how changing one thing can change everything.

Amberlense

Darn, sorry it didn't work for you! Maybe it works for me because I've been taking thyroid and cypro for a long time, and I worked on getting my glycogen up for over a year.

I think pregnenolone if it's going to work will be fairly immediate, i.e. a couple days. Skin should have less oil production and just look better overall. It's subtle but I see it.

I wish I could take less than 400mg. I tried halving the dose for a few days and my skin didn't seem as good.
Why less oil production? That's one potential affect i would like to avoid.