Took methylene blue first time and don’t feel good. Panic attacks pls help

Motif

Only one drop. Feeling super hot and anxiety. Any advices ?

getting panic attacks god damn. Pls advices

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

I don’t know if I will take it again.
Still feeling off and it was only one drop

Dobbler

Ive used about 120-200 mg of methylene blue with single dose many days in a row and nothing bad has ever happened. One drop cant be much and it will leave your system in 1-3 hours as it's very water soluble, you will pee it out. Chill.

superhappy

Which methylene blue are you taking? I've taken up to 15mg of the sciencebio mb and healthnatura no problems. The kordon mb was giving me insomnia even at a drop which is like 1.3mg or something.

OP
M

Motif

I know it’s not a lot, but still. Even my mouth is feeling hot now. I just feel strange since taking it

alephx

Make sure you have enough carbs/sugar and minerals potassium/magnesium/sodium/calcium
What does your diet look like?

OP
M

Motif

It’s been not that perfect over the last days as I was sick, but yeah I try to eat nutrient rich

alephx

? that name sure sounded familiar. Was having similar thing happen today due to too much coffee, too many tasks at work and little fruit this week

OP
M

Motif

Got some sugar, salt, vitamin c in and really feel. better.
i hate when this happens. Doesn’t happen often thank god

mostlylurking

Only one drop. Feeling super hot and anxiety. Any advices ?

getting panic attacks god damn. Pls advices
I react badly to methylene blue. I read that it is an MAO inhibitor. see this: Methylene Blue: Revisited

I'm very sensitive to serotonin. MAO inhibitors block the reuptake of serotonin which cause higher serotonin levels. For me the crappy feeling went away in maybe 6-12 hours.

I do not know if cyproheptadine would help you now or not. Maybe someone else can provide input?

osar

I react badly to methylene blue. I read that it is an MAO inhibitor. see this: Methylene Blue: Revisited

I'm very sensitive to serotonin. MAO inhibitors block the reuptake of serotonin which cause higher serotonin levels. For me the crappy feeling went away in maybe 6-12 hours.

I do not know if cyproheptadine would help you now or not. Maybe someone else can provide input?
This was my experience with MB and also why i've never got any therapeutic benefits from anything that inhibits serotonin or prevents its uptake and promotes dopamine like caffeine, MB, and even Psilocybin(***t you not, microdosing Psilocybin gave me anxiety for a couple of days). Basically anything that acts as an antagonist or prevents its uptake results in extreme anxiety and lethargy for me. Being well fed does nothing to aid the benefits and i eat between 3000-4000 calories a day and by a large margin from carbs e.g mostly fructose, little bit of starch(i tolerate it fine)and average about 3 bowel movements a day most weeks.

Besides the dietary recommendations, i would caution anybody who has experiences with ongoing depression etc to incorporate some of the things often suggested here

OP
M

Motif

I don’t know if some interaction with other supplements had to do with it, but I took Alicin, olive leaf extract , mag malate, potassium gluconate, a multi, zinc sulfate, copper bisglycinate a few hours before.

But I even feel strange after a coffee mostly.

Inaut

Maybe you need to stop supplements for a week or two and restart with a couple?

Inaut

Why you think so?
Because supplements aren’t the way to good health permanently. They are a crutch and for temporary use. Drop them for a bit and let go of the fear we all cling to.just my opinion.

mostlylurking

This was my experience with MB and also why i've never got any therapeutic benefits from anything that inhibits serotonin or prevents its uptake and promotes dopamine like caffeine, MB, and even Psilocybin(***t you not, microdosing Psilocybin gave me anxiety for a couple of days). Basically anything that acts as an antagonist or prevents its uptake results in extreme anxiety and lethargy for me. Being well fed does nothing to aid the benefits and i eat between 3000-4000 calories a day and by a large margin from carbs e.g mostly fructose, little bit of starch(i tolerate it fine)and average about 3 bowel movements a day most weeks.

Besides the dietary recommendations, i would caution anybody who has experiences with ongoing depression etc to incorporate some of the things often suggested here
I interpret this differently from what you have described. It is my understanding that an MAO inhibitor (methylene blue is one) blocks the reuptake of serotonin. In other words, it keeps the body from getting rid of the serotonin, thus INCREASING the overall amount of serotonin that is in the brain. It is the increased serotonin that causes extreme anxiety. Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote and we are saying the same thing?

High serotonergic foods also cause problems for me. These include pineapple and bananas. If one of these are eaten before or immediately after consuming some methylene blue, my negative reaction is even worse.

I've learned that thiamine deficiency also causes high anxiety. A diet high in sugars and starch tends to use up the body's thiamine because it is required to process the sugars/starch into ATP. This is another facet that you might consider looking into. Evidently, thiamine also helps to lower serotonin.

and

If your thiamine status is low or is blocked, coffee will make it worse because it blocks the function of thiamine.

Ray Peat has an article about serotonin here: Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy. This article has lost its layout format. If you copy/paste into a Word document it will be much easier to read.

Here's an article about serotonin in fruits: Serotonin in Fruits – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

quote:
Serotonin content of foods: effect on urinary excretion of 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid.
Feldman JM, Lee EM.
Using a highly specific radioenzymatic assay we determined the serotonin concentration in 80 types of foods. The following fruits had a high serotonin concentration (mean +/- SEM) expressed in micrograms/g weight: plantain 30.3 +/- 7.5; pineapple 17.0 +/- 5.1; banana 15.0 +/- 2.4; Kiwi fruit 5.8 +/- 0.9; plums 4.7 +/- 0.8; and tomatoes 3.2 +/- 0.6. Only nuts in the walnut or hickory family had a high serotonin concentration expressed in micrograms/g weight; butternuts 398 +/- 90; black walnuts 304 +/- 46; English walnuts 87 +/- 20; shagbark hickory nuts 143 +/- 23; mockernut hickory nuts 67 +/- 13; pecans 29 +/- 4; and sweet pignuts 25 +/- 8. Ingestion of these fruits and nuts resulted in an increase in urinary 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid excretion with no change in platelet serotonin concentration. The above foods should not be eaten while a urine is being collected for 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid analysis.

This list matches my personal food sensitivity list. huh....

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals