Took Lisuride for 4 weeks and it didn't lower my prolactin

tastyfood

I used Idealabs Lisuride topically for 4 weeks, 4 to 5 drops daily (100 to 150mg), and it didn't lower my prolactin.

Before using Lisuride I tested 20 ng/mL, and after four weeks of Lisuride, it only went down to 19 ng/mL.

What am I doing wrong with Lisuride? I apply it topically to my wrists, and I let it dry enough. Should I take more than 4 to 5 drops assuming not all absorbs? Should I aim for two times the amount to ensure 100 to 150 mg absorb? I'm scared of overdoing it.

Do you have any other recommendations on chemicals to use to lower prolactin? Should I try Metergoline, Bromocriptine (which I could get with prescription), or 10 Methoxy-Harmalan instead?

Thank you!

tallglass13

I used Idealabs Lisuride topically for 4 weeks, 4 to 5 drops daily (100 to 150mg), and it didn't lower my prolactin.

Before using Lisuride I tested 20 ng/mL, and after four weeks of Lisuride, it only went down to 19 ng/mL.

What am I doing wrong with Lisuride? I apply it topically to my wrists, and I let it dry enough. Should I take more than 4 to 5 drops assuming not all absorbs? Should I aim for two times the amount to ensure 100 to 150 mg absorb? I'm scared of overdoing it.

Do you have any other recommendations on chemicals to use to lower prolactin? Should I try Metergoline, Bromocriptine (which I could get with prescription), or 10 Methoxy-Harmalan instead?

Thank you!
Progesterone will lower prolactin, as my Uncle had a 22 prolactin. Started him on topical progest and next lab was a 9. You need to lower estrogen, which then Prolactin will follow.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Progesterone will lower prolactin, as my Uncle had a 22 prolactin. Started him on topical progest and next lab was a 9. You need to lower estrogen, which then Prolactin will follow.

Which Progesterone product did he use, and how much? Progest-e, progestene?

My estradiol is jumping up and down. it was 25 pg/mL this lasts time.

O

oldfriend

You can try taking lisuride sublingually for better absorption. That's how I took Metergoline. Also, I remembered this thread from a while back and thought I'd post it here instead of your last thread:
This study might suggests that pregnenolone also has a similar effect on prolactin, maybe because some pregnenolone is converted to progesterone? Anyways, supplementing with pregnenolone seems to be considered safer for men than progesterone around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

You can try taking lisuride sublingually for better absorption. That's how I took Metergoline. Also, I remembered this thread from a while back and thought I'd post it here instead of your last thread:
This study might suggests that pregnenolone also has a similar effect on prolactin, maybe because some pregnenolone is converted to progesterone? Anyways, supplementing with pregnenolone seems to be considered safer for men than progesterone around here.

Do you see sublingual application as an analog to application on skin? I thought otherwise that Lisuride had poor absorption orally.

I've have tried high doses of pregnenolone before my lisuride experiment and it didn't lower my prolactin either.

Thank you!

O

oldfriend

Do you see sublingual application as an analog to application on skin? I thought otherwise that Lisuride had poor absorption orally.

I've have tried high doses of pregnenolone before my lisuride experiment and it didn't lower my prolactin either.

Thank you!
Have you taken pregnenolone at doses as high as 500mg? I'm curious how that feels. I started at 30mg recently and worked my way up to 100mg. Had some insomnia at first but did some things to help with that.

Edit* Disregard that pregnenolone prolactin study, it shows that pregnenolone may be helpful in cases like hypoprolactinemia.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Have you taken pregnenolone at doses as high as 500mg? I'm curious how that feels. I started at 30mg recently and worked my way up to 100mg. Had some insomnia at first but did some things to help with that.

Edit* Disregard that pregnenolone prolactin study, it shows that pregnenolone may be helpful in cases like hypoprolactinemia.

I've only gone as high as 120 to 150 mg daily. I use Idealabs Stressnon sublingually. Even 150mg it's hard to do. You have to use 12, 13 drops 6 or 7 times a day which is not very convenient, especially if you need enough fuel in place not to trigger a stress reaction.

It didn't make me feel anything in particular. I was blindly doing it hoping it would decrease my prolactin, and also doing it with the male infertility studies with pregnenelone in mind.

Which product do you use?

O

oldfriend

I'm using Double Wood Supplements Pregnenolone 100mg right now. I've used pregnenolone powder from healthnatura in the past, and will probably get some more soon. I don't know how well sublingual lisuride absorbs compared to topical, but in general topical absorption is not as good as sublingual. I did take lisuride for a while, but got better results from metergoline and found the effect greater when taking sublingually rather than topically.

Birdie

I'll just mention that Ray said he has not used pregnenolone since the 90s because he has not found a safe one. I was using it for years before I saw that. Strange because he does recommend it at times.. I think.

I use a couple of Double Wood supplements.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I would definitely say that metergoline is likely to be better at lowering prolactin the drug was once specifically given to lower prolactin (i think it still is prescribed under a brand name in Europe)

P

Peatness

Vitamin E lowers prolactin

B6 too

youngsinatra

Try to find the cause of high prolactin.

It‘s oftentimes vitamin D deficiency or calcium deficiency as PTH and prolactin often go hand-in-hand.

„Compared with the control age- and weight-women with normal prolactin levels (n=11), patients with macroprolactinemia were characterized by lower levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D and slightly higher levels of PTH. Vitamin D (2000 IU/d) administered to patients with macroprolactinemia increased 25-hydroxyvitamin, reduced total prolactin and macroprolactin, as well tended to reduce PTH. The effect of vitamin D on total prolactin and macroprolactin correlated with their baseline values and baseline 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels.“

Krysiak R, Kowalska B, Szkróbka W, Okopień B. The association between macroprolactin levels and vitamin D status in premenopausal women with macroprolactinemia: a pilot study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2015 Sep;123(8):446-50. doi: 10.1055/s-0035-1555877. Epub 2015 Jul 15. PMID: 26179930.

„In secondary hyperprolactinemia, the increase in PTH (0.80 +/- 0.16 ng/ml) was significant compared to the plasma PTH levels in the normal group (P less than 0.05). These results show that an excess of plasma PRL is associated with an excess of plasma PTH and vice versa. The mechanisms of these relationships remain unclear.“

Raymond JP, Isaac R, Merceron RE, Wahbe F. Comparison between the plasma concentrations of prolactin and parathyroid hormone in normal subjects and in patients with hyperparathyroidism or hyperprolactinemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1982 Dec;55(6):1222-5. doi: 10.1210/jcem-55-6-1222. PMID: 7130342.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Vitamin E lowers prolactin

B6 too

Thanks. I have both at hand. I haven't done vitamin B6 consistently. I used vitamin E sporadically because too much makes me have bloody stools. Also, a lot of supplements I have contain vitamin E. I will try vitamin E more consistently.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Try to find the cause of high prolactin.

It‘s oftentimes vitamin D deficiency or calcium deficiency as PTH and prolactin often go hand-in-hand.

„Compared with the control age- and weight-women with normal prolactin levels (n=11), patients with macroprolactinemia were characterized by lower levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D and slightly higher levels of PTH. Vitamin D (2000 IU/d) administered to patients with macroprolactinemia increased 25-hydroxyvitamin, reduced total prolactin and macroprolactin, as well tended to reduce PTH. The effect of vitamin D on total prolactin and macroprolactin correlated with their baseline values and baseline 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels.“

Krysiak R, Kowalska B, Szkróbka W, Okopień B. The association between macroprolactin levels and vitamin D status in premenopausal women with macroprolactinemia: a pilot study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2015 Sep;123(8):446-50. doi: 10.1055/s-0035-1555877. Epub 2015 Jul 15. PMID: 26179930.

„In secondary hyperprolactinemia, the increase in PTH (0.80 +/- 0.16 ng/ml) was significant compared to the plasma PTH levels in the normal group (P less than 0.05). These results show that an excess of plasma PRL is associated with an excess of plasma PTH and vice versa. The mechanisms of these relationships remain unclear.“

Raymond JP, Isaac R, Merceron RE, Wahbe F. Comparison between the plasma concentrations of prolactin and parathyroid hormone in normal subjects and in patients with hyperparathyroidism or hyperprolactinemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1982 Dec;55(6):1222-5. doi: 10.1210/jcem-55-6-1222. PMID: 7130342.

Unfortunately I think my experimentation with exemestane left me in this high prolactin state. Before using exemestane I had prolactin of 8.6.

I have high vitamin D (72), and PTH has been around 20 every time I tested.

I average 2g of calcium a day with milk, cheese, leafy greens....

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I would definitely say that metergoline is likely to be better at lowering prolactin the drug was once specifically given to lower prolactin (i think it still is prescribed under a brand name in Europe)

Thanks. I may give metergoline a try. I'm worried of it not having an effect at all based on my lisuride experiment.

vanessad

Why disregard that prolactin study? And where can I find that study? That’s a health issue I’m trying to resolve. Thx

P

Peatness

Limiting water intake (or using salt generously) helps to inhibit prolactin secretion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals