Took Dexamethasone - Thyroid Now Swells

rmgwm

I took dexamethasone as an experiment to test my cortisol levels (see dexamethasone suppression test if you want to know more) and had a really good experience with it. I took .25mg at night before bed and felt a huge relaxing feeling come over my body. It felt like all my tight muscles were loosening up and i just felt super relaxed and calm, it felt very nice. I did have some trouble sleeping however and in the morning it seemed to turn on me and I felt a bit of heart palpitations and jittery like I had taken around 10 cups of coffee. The effects all wore off by the end of the day or next morning and I was back to normal.

I decided to wait before I did another test to get it out of my system, I waited around two weeks and then did another .25mg just before bed. This time I only had a bad experience, my heart was racing a bit, I couldn't sleep, I felt very fragile like someone could push me and I might fly into a chair and injure multiple parts of my body.

This wasn't pleasant but I just laid in bed so it wasn't terrible, it wore off around mid-day the next and was already better by the next morning.

I decided to not do anymore after the last experience, however I have a weird side effect going on around 3 weeks now. If I exercise, or intermittent fast (wake up and not eat until around 1PM) I can feel my thyroid start to swell, or it at least feels like it is. I also am having hypoglycemic symptoms where I am short of breath if I haven't eaten anything or short of breath if I eat sugar. when I am short of breath if I eat a little bit of sugar it resolves it.

I am putting this out there wondering if anyone can give me some clues, insight, or hopefully personal experience, hopefully things return to normal after some more time. I can also say that I was taking a bit of thyroid medication (T3) at the time of one of the doses of dexa, but I am not quite sure which one)

dabdabdab

I took dexamethasone as an experiment to test my cortisol levels (see dexamethasone suppression test if you want to know more) and had a really good experience with it. I took .25mg at night before bed and felt a huge relaxing feeling come over my body. It felt like all my tight muscles were loosening up and i just felt super relaxed and calm, it felt very nice. I did have some trouble sleeping however and in the morning it seemed to turn on me and I felt a bit of heart palpitations and jittery like I had taken around 10 cups of coffee. The effects all wore off by the end of the day or next morning and I was back to normal.

I decided to wait before I did another test to get it out of my system, I waited around two weeks and then did another .25mg just before bed. This time I only had a bad experience, my heart was racing a bit, I couldn't sleep, I felt very fragile like someone could push me and I might fly into a chair and injure multiple parts of my body.

This wasn't pleasant but I just laid in bed so it wasn't terrible, it wore off around mid-day the next and was already better by the next morning.

I decided to not do anymore after the last experience, however I have a weird side effect going on around 3 weeks now. If I exercise, or intermittent fast (wake up and not eat until around 1PM) I can feel my thyroid start to swell, or it at least feels like it is. I also am having hypoglycemic symptoms where I am short of breath if I haven't eaten anything or short of breath if I eat sugar. when I am short of breath if I eat a little bit of sugar it resolves it.

I am putting this out there wondering if anyone can give me some clues, insight, or hopefully personal experience, hopefully things return to normal after some more time. I can also say that I was taking a bit of thyroid medication (T3) at the time of one of the doses of dexa, but I am not quite sure which one)
Thyroid increases your energy expenditure and you need to eat frequently to replenish your glycogen storage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals