Too Much Vitamin E Messed Up My Gut

nad

If you are avoiding PUFA and eating SFA, taking NDT, taking vitamin E, then chances are you are pushing your metabolic rate to it's limits. It's overkill in my opinion. There's no need to take NDT when you are taking thyroid surrogates. Also, increasing metabolic rate increases estrogen as well as all hormones. So if you want to lower estrogen without making yourself run off a cliff metabolically, then Vitamin A is a better way to lower it than E.

I'm doing all of this plus aspirin, a LOT of coffee, A,D,K, pregnenolone (70mg), some progesterone topically, B's, milk, cheese, carbs, proteins, Mg, some taurine, gelatin, carrot, bag breathing etc,etc, etc.
For almost 2 years.
I wish it would be your way! Little better first, then back. Still hypo, cold, sleep issue, heart damage, cholesterol up from 260 to 315, to 326 now; TSH from 2 to 4,5, then down to 2,5, now 3,8 again, weight gain's unstopped. Gain more then 50 lb. (196 lb now).
I think it's result of 60 years of severe PUFA loading, fish & flux oil supplementing in last few years, malnutrition and very (nonstop) stress.

It's all here with me now, all that fat (PUFA), brown spots, winter exzemas, severe PVC (last sometimes for hours or whole day & night, wrong engection fraction, artrite, hair loss, low WBC (probably because of herpes), liver fat & high enzymes, stomach issue (hernia, etc), 13 years of hot flashings, tired, out of power, sweating profusely from smallest effort. Also 4 teeth left. I"m 65.
Still (in my opinion) not depressed, (my doc. sure I am!), but loosing hope

nad

Ha-ha, was so busy with this list - forgot to tell that I'm taking 400 IU of v. E since my colon polip was removed (about 15 years ago) every day by direction of gastroenterologist Then found at Dr. Peat that V.E keeps "on leash" stored in fat tissue estrogen . This guy easy can turn your life in torture. Already did. But afraid of worse I keep taking the E. It was mostly Carlson's, now I have Unique & Jarrow Gamma E.
Hard to tell if some of my hundred symptoms from it. I very rarely feel OK.
Sorry & thank you, who read it. Just in case - my be still hope for me:shame:

D

danishispsychic

My 2 cents is go off ALL supplements for 30 days- If your liver cant handle all of what you are taking ( which is a lot ) then it will just keep getting clogged up.

nad

Oh, danishispsychic thank you for your time to respond! First i'm not taking everything, of course not.Only "E" regulary and long. Other things - like short or long course, or 2- 3 times /week and so. And sometimes, mostly in summer I feel so tired to continue,
I just drop it! Usually ending in ER after month or more with heart symptoms (everything else I can ignore). Now I have E, A,D,K 2-3 time/week, B complex (b1,b2,b6, niacinamide), sometimes pregnenolone, and topical progesterone (BTW is anybody try "Ona's progesterone?) And OTC raw thyroid (Ultra Enterprises),not sure how "active" it is, want to try haidut's.
Try to eat 'right' on my 'low income' - milk. cheese, OJ, making my jellos, broth. Always rising cholesterol on coconut oil, but still use it.

Jack Roe

The vitamins are not going to be a problem or a solution if you don't have adequate minerals.

Deficiency in the molybdenum enzymes throws all sorts of stuff out of whack. Do you eat beans? Where do you get your molybdenum from? If you don't know about this mineral, look it up!

nad

The vitamins are not going to be a problem or a solution if you don't have adequate minerals.

Deficiency in the molybdenum enzymes throws all sorts of stuff out of whack. Do you eat beans? Where do you get your molybdenum from? If you don't know about this mineral, look it up!
Thank you for respond. Yes, you're right, adequate minerals's very important. I try to watch the balance, think have not enough Ca, but what I found in my yesterday's searching is that it could rather be cooper deficiency and molybdenosis, then
other way round. May be it's an old info. and I don't get to what you mean. And milk, meat and greens are the source. I was HEAVY consumer of legumes, nuts, beans, seeds all my life.
Now avoiding it.

Vinero

Don't eggs have molybdenum? No need to eat beans.

nad

Just found this:" Herbs and vegetables are generally rich in molybdenum, for example, cucumber can store up to 4000 μg Mo kg −1 dry matter as well as pulses. Animal products, with exception of liver and kidney, are poor in molybdenum"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals