"Too Much Verbalisation Can Damage The Brain"

InChristAlone

I know some of my comments came off like I am sexist. But I am not at all in real life. You'd probably think I'm a different person. I have a lot of pain right now from my marriage of 13 yrs because he had an enmeshment with his Mom and acted childish for most of our marriage. He was an amazing man when I married him, but we moved close to his Mom and everything changed. We moved away and he is like a different person, he is the leader of our family, he is taking responsibility, he is becoming the man I knew he is, but I do still need to work on some of the bitterness I have. It's slowly getting way better. Even now I am way better than I was when I made those comments. Mother's raising young men is a disaster and I will continue saying that til I die.
Although he didn't change automatically. I was introduced to masculine feminine polarity on Facebook and started learning all about it and watching John Gray the author of 'men are from Mars women are from venus' and so I started changing and coming towards him and revealing what was going on in my heart to him and that made him rise up and become a devoted man. As I also made it clear I was not going to tolerate the type of behavior he was doing for so long. He also turned back to God. Our life looks completely different than it did a yr ago.

Jib

Pray tell. What does this look like?

It looks like women judging, criticizing, and "correcting" men's behavior/speech, telling them what to do, making demands, being argumentative, constantly placing blame, and setting expectations. Taking the leadership role in the relationship. And actively resisting leadership from their male partner.

It looks like the woman being the one with the plan, the one with the direction, the one with the leadership skills and the groundwork for the future laid down, and the man following her.

Almost 100% of the time nowadays, it's the woman who is setting the boundaries and expectations and framework and guidance/direction for relationships. That's a masculine role. The men who end up with these women are always feminized. And then no one wins.

It's painfully obvious once you see that it's going on, and then you notice it everywhere. Even just common sense alone tells us that feminine = soft and receptive, masculine = hard and penetrating. Yin and yang. These concepts are thousands upon thousands of years old. Somehow it's gotten all mixed up in recent times.

More women today are more combative, dominant, competitive, cutthroat, demanding, etc., than men. And then men are blamed for not "manning up" and opting out of society, when masculinity itself has been under attack for decades. And it's only gotten worse. The whole "fempowerment" narrative can easily be seen in just about any form of media and entertainment today. It's everywhere.

Men respond very well to having their strengths and efforts and best qualities respected and praised and encouraged. Today's world is the opposite. And the same goes for women: they're the most radiant when their natural femininity and softness/empathy/caring/gentle wisdom are respected and cherished.

The modern narrative cheats both men AND women out of the best that they can be. And are supposed to be. There are always exceptions to the rule, but as a whole, the gender narratives have been completely reversed and mixed up, and we're all paying the price for it.

Ben.

Everyone has his/her own idea how men/woman should be. There is this old poem/speech from James F. Clarke (1878) that realy touched me.

Not sure if it fits here but with all the woman/men talk i guess its fine:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-dVr6Ezfp0

"A false notion of manliness leads boys astray. True manliness is humane. It says, “we who are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak.” ...

... True manliness is tender and loving. False manliness, cold and hard, cynical and contemptuous."

InChristAlone

I both agree with @Jib and @Ben. At the same time. An Honorable masculine man is loving towards the weak and doesn't take advantage because they are stronger.

P

Peatness

It looks like women judging, criticizing, and "correcting" men's behavior/speech, telling them what to do, making demands, being argumentative, constantly placing blame, and setting expectations. Taking the leadership role in the relationship. And actively resisting leadership from their male partner.

It looks like the woman being the one with the plan, the one with the direction, the one with the leadership skills and the groundwork for the future laid down, and the man following her.

Almost 100% of the time nowadays, it's the woman who is setting the boundaries and expectations and framework and guidance/direction for relationships. That's a masculine role. The men who end up with these women are always feminized. And then no one wins.

It's painfully obvious once you see that it's going on, and then you notice it everywhere. Even just common sense alone tells us that feminine = soft and receptive, masculine = hard and penetrating. Yin and yang. These concepts are thousands upon thousands of years old. Somehow it's gotten all mixed up in recent times.

More women today are more combative, dominant, competitive, cutthroat, demanding, etc., than men. And then men are blamed for not "manning up" and opting out of society, when masculinity itself has been under attack for decades. And it's only gotten worse. The whole "fempowerment" narrative can easily be seen in just about any form of media and entertainment today. It's everywhere.

Men respond very well to having their strengths and efforts and best qualities respected and praised and encouraged. Today's world is the opposite. And the same goes for women: they're the most radiant when their natural femininity and softness/empathy/caring/gentle wisdom are respected and cherished.

The modern narrative cheats both men AND women out of the best that they can be. And are supposed to be. There are always exceptions to the rule, but as a whole, the gender narratives have been completely reversed and mixed up, and we're all paying the price for it.
Naughty women! :rolleyes:

Jib

Naughty women! :rolleyes:

You straw manned what I said. I didn't say women were bad, I said they're acting like men. Either you have actual reasons for disagreeing with that, or you don't. If you have actual beliefs about this, they would be interesting to hear. If not, I'll clarify that sarcasm =/= refutation.

On that note, we're getting into a verbally heavy discussion here, which is ironic given the OP. It's worth respecting the OP and taking a minute to consider the ideas presented in this thread on a non-verbal, emotional, and experiential level. As long as we're talking about masculine and feminine, it's interesting to experience what these concepts mean to us on a non-verbal level.

Doc Sandoz

Everyone has his/her own idea how men/woman should be. There is this old poem/speech from James F. Clarke (1878) that realy touched me.

Not sure if it fits here but with all the woman/men talk i guess its fine:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-dVr6Ezfp0

"A false notion of manliness leads boys astray. True manliness is humane. It says, “we who are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak.” ...

... True manliness is tender and loving. False manliness, cold and hard, cynical and contemptuous."

+1

Brandin

No it doesn't. Those guys are probably not speaking because they don't know what to say and fear making a mistake. The mystery is usually short lived. A certain level of articulacy or fluency is attractive.
I sometimes dont say a word. I dont feel the pressure to speak with the girl. I have never been scared of talking to females nor have I ever been scared of her opinions.

TobyBjorn

I am familiar with a kind of exhaustion that is focal on one roughly outlined brain function, such as communicating versus spacial reasoning. I might desperately need rest in one area but not in the other. Never thought of that as brain damage, but certainly feels like there would be damage should I continue without respite. When I get very fatigued I am more likely to think in my second language, for whatever that is worth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals