Too much thyroid..how to.recover

jtoro

I switched from tyromax to tyromix 5 drops x2 a day. Took tyromix for a week. I stopped a week ago.
I'm still feeling fever symptoms, no libido, adrenaline. Its horrible.
Any advice to recover?

gaze

vitamin A blocks the thyroid, you could try eating liver and carrots, although don't take it overboard. nothing will bring immediate relief, just have to wait til the body naturally balances itself

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I switched from tyromax to tyromix 5 drops x2 a day. Took tyromix for a week. I stopped a week ago.
Any advice to recover?
Eat a little raw or barely cooked cabbage.

Nemo

Any advice to recover?

You should feel better soon, jtoro. Eat more to kill that adrenaline. What's going on with your heart rate?

Tyromix is great, but very powerful. My hypothesis is that you need only 1/4 to 1/2 the dose you would take of other forms of thyroid and 1/4 is probably more like it. When you first switch, I'd start with 10% of your normal dose.

For those trying thyroid for the first time, I'd dilute some and take it even more slowly.

yerrag

I keep 200mcg selenomethione capsules handy for hyperthyroid. It worked for my cats, who developed lumps in their throat and lost appetite for the wrong food I gave them. I gave them selenomethionine and quickly, the lumps disappeared and they regained appetite. Not sure if it will work for you, but it won't hurt.

miquelangeles

Propranolol will provide some immediate relief, raw cruciferous vegetables, selenium as others mentioned.

Denisenhorses

You should feel better soon, jtoro. Eat more to kill that adrenaline. What's going on with your heart rate?

Tyromix is great, but very powerful. My hypothesis is that you need only 1/4 to 1/2 the dose you would take of other forms of thyroid and 1/4 is probably more like it. When you first switch, I'd start with 10% of your normal dose.

For those trying thyroid for the first time, I'd dilute some and take it even more slowly.
Can you tell me the difference between tyromax and tyromix

Nemo

Can you tell me the difference between tyromax and tyromix

Denisen, Tyromax is natural dessicated thyroid. It's dried-up thyroid tissue ground into a powder, with a T4 to T3 ratio of 4:1, I believe.

Tyromix is synthetic T4 and T3 in a ratio of 2:1.

Ray recommends a ratio of about 2:1. So you could just use Tyromix. Or you could use T3 during the day and then take Tyromax at bedtime to get your overall ratio to 2:1. Or you can use a different ratio if that works better for you.

Ray once said that natural dessicated thyroid has to be digested to release its thyroid hormones. Tyromix can be absorbed through your skin.

The minute you have to digest a thyroid pill or dessicated thyroid, your effective dose may drop. If you take Tyromix orally, I believe it's completely absorbed before it ever hits your stomach.

So, in my experience, a far smaller dose of Tyromix will give you the same effective dose as a larger dose of natural dessicated thyroid or one of the various thyroid pills.

Denisenhorses

Denisen, Tyromax is natural dessicated thyroid. It's dried-up thyroid tissue ground into a powder, with a T4 to T3 ratio of 4:1, I believe.

Tyromix is synthetic T4 and T3 in a ratio of 2:1.

Ray recommends a ratio of about 2:1. So you could just use Tyromix. Or you could use T3 during the day and then take Tyromax at bedtime to get your overall ratio to 2:1. Or you can use a different ratio if that works better for you.

Ray once said that natural dessicated thyroid has to be digested to release its thyroid hormones. Tyromix can be absorbed through your skin.

The minute you have to digest a thyroid pill or dessicated thyroid, your effective dose may drop. If you take Tyromix orally, I believe it's completely absorbed before it ever hits your stomach.

So, in my experience, a far smaller dose of Tyromix will give you the same effective dose as a larger dose of natural dessicated thyroid or one of the various thyroid pills.
Ok thanks