Too Much Jogging "As Bad As No Exercise At All"

haidut

Forum Supporter
Related:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-s ... 72370.html

http://listverse.com/2007/08/08/top-8-e ... greek-god/

"...This is mainly due to his large obliques, the muscles on each side of his torso. In ancient Greece, athletes were thick-waisted; they needed abdominal strength for the discus, the long jump, and wrestling. Doryphoros’s waist doesn’t look big, though, because his chest is proportionately larger."

Also, I posted this some time ago:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3708&p=44402

"...The ancient Greeks thought regular vigorous exercise was actually bad for your health and would shorten your life [source: Ruiz]. Scientists have long since reversed that opinion. Now physiologists, biologists and physicians are comparing different types of exercises and sports to see whether one is better than another when it comes to living longer. After all, what good are bragging rights in the gym if you're cheating yourself out of extra years?"

jaa

Small sample size, but I think this is likely correct. I find with exercise there is a fine line between going too hard and feeling like ***t the next few days and doing enough to feel vitalized and strong.

mujuro

jaa said:
Small sample size, but I think this is likely correct. I find with exercise there is a fine line between going too hard and feeling like s*** the next few days and doing enough to feel vitalized and strong.

Absolutely agree. I always experience long-lasting fatigue in a particular muscle group if I spend more than 25-30 minutes on it. I make adaptations through changes in cadence, reps and load, while number of sets and exercises remain static in most cases - the fewer the better for me. It has taken me ~2 years of natural training to figure out what works best for me (on AAS you can train much longer, but I still felt similar exhaustion if I went too long), and there is a very fine line between feeling invigorated and feeling exhausted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals