Too much hydrogen peroxide in lungs

Got sick. Decided to run hot water in the sink with peroxide and inhale. I clearly used to much, as my lungs feel bubbly and I've been coughing up tons up said bubbles. Can I do anything to mitigate? It is starting to suck.

yerrag

I don't know if it will work, but getting antioxidants into your system sublingually or via enema or intravenously may help. Antioxidants such as vitamin C (not via enema as it will just be flushed out as it's acidic), vitamin E (plenty of d-alpha tocopherol). Oral selenomethionine or NAC may still help though, though it may take a little longer to get to the lungs.

Just my guess.

Or to to the ER to be more certain.

Peatful

Peatful

Thank you.
In the meantime I would research either: sodium bicarbonate. Sodium sulfite. Or sodium thiosulfate to neutralize.

Addendum: I know nothing.

Peatful

Sodium bicarb administered how?
Research it.
I stated I know nothing.

Im just brainstorming thinking sodium(s) will neutralize the hydrogen.

Therefore if you inhaled the hp over a steaming sink. See if there is a way to administer sodium the same way?

If you can sit in the sun- might be beneficial?
As long as you keep your lungs, alveoli open.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Got sick. Decided to run hot water in the sink with peroxide and inhale. I clearly used to much, as my lungs feel bubbly and I've been coughing up tons up said bubbles. Can I do anything to mitigate? It is starting to suck.
Do you have a nebulizer machine by chance?
I would try nebulized sodium bicarbonate as mentioned above. I’ll search for the ratio of sodium bicarbonate to distilled water for inhalation and post it soon. In the short term as long as you are not in respiratory distress or excessively wheezing I wouldn’t panic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If it were me I’d start with @100mg baking soda in 3ml of distilled water in a nebulizer. This method would require some equipment.
If you do not have a nebulizer etc an alternative (although less exact) would be to put a tablespoon of baking soda in a pot of @ 2 cups of distilled water on the stove and stir to dissolve then heat it until it starts steaming. Shut off the burner, put a towel over your head and breathe in the steam for about 5 minutes being careful to not burn yourself.

Peatful

Thanks. It's been 24 hours and I'm still coughing up the peroxide. Stuff just keeps coming...
Take aspirin.

Aspirin per Hadiut and research is it has antiviral or antimicrobial properties.
Great for rna respiratory viruses.
Definitely anti-inflammatory or anticoagulant.

The hp stripped your mucosal lining most likely.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
You probably overdosed! I am recovering from mild symptoms after Omicron. I had a persisting cough, not much phlegm and only a tiny spot of yellow, that was three days ago. So I decided to follow the recommendations by Dr. Joseph Mercola using 0.1% food grade hydrogen peroxide in a saline solution. The next day the cough was essentially gone. Now my wife is doing it too, she caught it 12 days after I had it. I ordered it through Amazon, also the saline 6 ml packs and the food grade hydrogen peroxide. I have a syringe with needle, the cap on the hydrogen peroxide bottle had a little access hole in the middle, so I extracted 1 ml and then added 9 ml of reverse osmosis water. This brought the concentration form the initial 3% to 0.3%. From this I added 1.6 ml to the 6 ml saline solution, which gives me the needed 0.1% concentration. This is inside the mister and I inhaled this over maybe 1/2 hour. Can only recommend this!

There also was a recent post on another blog here:

Last edited:

David PS

Have you tried deep exhalations?

akgrrrl

I am currently doing oral and IV peroxide and the booklet I am reading says thats a process to expect. Cough up the mucous and get rid of it along with whatever nasties. I am having amazing results and will fall back to oral and nebulized when the IV series is done

OP
UphillEndeavors
If it were me I’d start with @100mg baking soda in 3ml of distilled water in a nebulizer. This method would require some equipment.
If you do not have a nebulizer etc an alternative (although less exact) would be to put a tablespoon of baking soda in a pot of @ 2 cups of distilled water on the stove and stir to dissolve then heat it until it starts steaming. Shut off the burner, put a towel over your head and breathe in the steam for about 5 minutes being careful to not burn yourself.
Thanks. Is there any risk of tissue damage? Lungs just feel weird now.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Is there any risk of tissue damage? Lungs just feel weird now.
Do you know the percentage you inhaled? They will probably feel weird for several days. I’ve never worked with anyone that inhaled hydrogen peroxide.

OP
UphillEndeavors
3%, used quite a bit. Yeah, it wasn't a strong move. It was about 2am Saturday morning, I had strep and a fever. Wasn't myself. I'm still coughing up about a shot glass worth every hour or so.

Last edited:

Peatful