Too Many Nutrients

Nicholas

I read a recent post here about a guy's hair that grew probably too quickly and then it began to slow down to the normal population's hair growth. I have been wondering lately about the idea of perhaps nutrient *density* being a bad thing. Is it possible to eat too well - as in, too many varied nutrients (not talking about nutrient toxicity, i don't think). I know it's kind of a big question. Can the body be stressed by nutrient density? If the body doesn't want to heal, is adding the raw materials for healing a stress to the body?

pboy

a significant excess of, vitamin A, D, E, K, niacin, vitamin C, iodine, protein (mostly just certain aminos), iron, phosphorus, calcium even, sodium, b12 and chloride are all not good and can have ramifications. With the rest...b1, b2, b5, folate, copper, magnesium, potassium, selenium, manganese, you're fine unless for some reason you supplemented a huge hyper osmotic amount

excess vit A can slow liver, E I forget what but it isn't good...too antioxidant I think, K you're blood will thicken too much, D I forget but it isn't good either, calcium phosphorus sodium and chloride all stress kidneys and raise blood pressure too much in excess and/or volume, too much iodine can stress thyroid, too much protein hinder thyroid, too much C impair sugar metabolism and cause diaareah, niacin can increase serotonin and platelet release of other things, excess iron can impair copper enzymes and create oxidative damage, excess b12 I think can feed infections

overall unless you're supplementing, they aren't really anything to worry about in a normal diet other than iodine if you eat seaweed, using too much salt, too much meat...mostly, im thinking now even too much dairy also isn't the greatest either

actually I think way too much magnesium also will make you shat

YuraCZ

pboy said:
a significant excess of, vitamin A, D, E, K, niacin, vitamin C, iodine, protein (mostly just certain aminos), iron, phosphorus, calcium even, sodium, b12 and chloride are all not good and can have ramifications. With the rest...b1, b2, b5, folate, copper, magnesium, potassium, selenium, manganese, you're fine unless for some reason you supplemented a huge hyper osmotic amount

excess vit A can slow liver, E I forget what but it isn't good...too antioxidant I think, K you're blood will thicken too much, D I forget but it isn't good either, calcium phosphorus sodium and chloride all stress kidneys and raise blood pressure too much in excess and/or volume, too much iodine can stress thyroid, too much protein hinder thyroid, too much C impair sugar metabolism and cause diaareah, niacin can increase serotonin and platelet release of other things, excess iron can impair copper enzymes and create oxidative damage, excess b12 I think can feed infections

overall unless you're supplementing, they aren't really anything to worry about in a normal diet other than iodine if you eat seaweed, using too much salt, too much meat...mostly, im thinking now even too much dairy also isn't the greatest either

actually I think way too much magnesium also will make you shat
So long story short. Too much ANYTHING is bad even water or air right? :D

4peatssake

Nicholas said:
I read a recent post here about a guy's hair that grew probably too quickly and then it began to slow down to the normal population's hair growth. I have been wondering lately about the idea of perhaps nutrient *density* being a bad thing. Is it possible to eat too well - as in, too many varied nutrients (not talking about nutrient toxicity, i don't think). I know it's kind of a big question. Can the body be stressed by nutrient density? If the body doesn't want to heal, is adding the raw materials for healing a stress to the body?
It depends on context.
A very sick body will have to make huge adjustments going from severe nutrient deficiency to prime fuel and in these instances it would be best to pace oneself and handle the biggest problems first.

I don't think it's a matter of too much of a good thing but perhaps too much of a good thing too quick.
I don't ever think the body doesn't want to heal. People's choices, however, often make it difficult and sometimes impossible for natural healing to occur.

I personally enjoy the best bang for my buck so I very often load nutrients into a single meal with good results. Everyone's mileage will vary according to their body's strengths and weaknesses.

Toxicity levels referred to by pboy are another story and can create problems as he mentioned.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

thank you all. sodium is a new tricky one for me, not easily being able to decipher what my true limit is. Since starting Vitamin E (which has helped me in many ways) it is even harder. Being in intense heat, lots of physical activity, drinking lots of fluids it becomes even murkier to figure out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals