too broken to fix

burtlancast

Taking into account everything you have described about your symptoms, i believe NOT seeing a doctor is kind of reckless.

You don't have to follow any treatment they prescribe, but you can take advantage of their diagnostic tools, so that's where i would start first.

I'm kind of concerned you would drink so much processed OJ per day. There's lot of chemicals in there. Always, always stick with the natural thing.

As a broad advice, you should only eat non processed foods AND drinks.

Try as well some coconut oil. And add a few drops of Lugol to see if it brings any results with your depression and well being. Ray doesn't advise high doses of Lugol, but a little could maybe do some good.

OP
T
burtlancast said:
Taking into account everything you have described about your symptoms, i believe NOT seeing a doctor is kind of reckless.

You don't have to follow any treatment they prescribe, but you can take advantage of their diagnostic tools, so that's where i would start first.

I'm kind of concerned you would drink so much processed OJ per day. There's lot of chemicals in there. Always, always stick with the natural thing.

As a broad advice, you should only eat non processed foods AND drinks.

Try as well some coconut oil. And add a few drops of Lugol to see if it brings any results with your depression and well being. Ray doesn't advise high doses of Lugol, but a little could maybe do some good.

lol really? i drink 250-500ml processed orange juice(i dont buy it) if i spend all my money on oranges i have no money for anything else, wow how could i CHOOSE to do something so stupid? but then again maybe i can CHOOSE to prostitute myself for a litre of freshly squeezed orange juice?

and thank you for the advice non processed foods/drinks cos that really is good advice(no sarcasm) but your assuming that im free

im really happy for all the lucky ppl that attract nice lovely compassionate humane beings/doctors. i attract psychopaths who get off on hurting ppl, telling me to go to the doctor is like telling me to shoot myself in the foot im done with OTHER ppls recklessness, see its really easy to judge sumone and point out their faults without having the slightest clue to wat others and theirs have cost me

SheilaHelm1

omg there is so much information on that site! i really hadn’t realized that there was so many different varied symptoms that linked back to hypothyroidism, like about alcoholism/addiction(i suppose that makes sense as ppl use alcohol as a crutch to deal with stress) and psychosis? i always wondered what caused severe mental health problems/addictions

I know, if your thyroid doesn't work properly then nothing works properly....

its the fist time i heard of mucin and Myxedema..........i don’t know maybe? if this is what happened it must be a very severe form of it though? my skin being affected all over, i dont get how the weird stuff in my head/ears plays into it though, and when it goes down, how can mucin reduce so quickly and than appear again in a matter of minutes? hmmmmmm maybe im too muciny

I think exercise is one cause for its onset, I bloat if I walk the dog!!!!. Its something to do with the oxygen created when exercising getting trapped in the cells and not being released as carbon dioxide hence the swelling and the advice about bag breathing i.e. create more CO2 that way.... this is my take on it though and in no way scientific.. (any help/clarification out there with this explanation appreciated thanks)

i thought cynoplus was supposed to be good as well? i cudnt get any good NDT in the UK

I get mine from abroad, and never had shipping problems. ThyroGold has done wonders for me but there are concerns regarding the silica in it so I don't think I should recommend it even though I use it. (Ray Peat has mentioned the dangers of silica)
Nutrimeds are good but you might need to build up to a decent dose.
NDT can be pricey though.
I have just started with Cynomel as well as the ThyroGold. My doctor basically said it was her way or the highway.... I went My Way...
You have to trust your own body and instincts.

burtlancast

the_nobody_2know said:
im really happy for all the lucky ppl that attract nice lovely compassionate humane beings/doctors. i attract psychopaths who get off on hurting ppl, telling me to go to the doctor is like telling me to shoot myself in the foot im done with OTHER ppls recklessness, see its really easy to judge sumone and point out their faults without having the slightest clue to wat others and theirs have cost me

1. If you read my posts, you'll learn i'm the last person who would chose to trust any treatment prescribed by a doctor.
Having said that, you seem to have major health problems, and i'm not sure asking for anonymous online help will suffice to resolve them.
You mentioned you can't afford to contact Ray for advice. I believe Ray is a good choice, but even he can only do so much treating someone over the internet/ phone and without some basic diagnosis.

2. You're talking about other's people recklessness, but i have investigated myself a lot of therapies, and have yet to come across a "salt water flush".
You mentioned a water fast; fast can resolve some health problems, but you have yet to say which ones you're afflicted of.
I would suggest you check and double check the alternative remedies you come across.

The medical racket hasn't maintained itself in the driving seat without concomittantly infiltrating the alternative health mouvement.
" A little knowledge...is a dangerous thing" ( chinese proverb)

4peatssake

burtlancast said:
The medical racket hasn't maintained itself in the driving seat without concomittantly infiltrating the alternative health mouvement.

I think this is very important for all of us to recognize, much the same as the "food cartel" has infiltrated the "organic, whole foods" industry.

Whenever any "alternative" becomes even remotely "popular," you can pretty much guarantee it will be infiltrated by those invested in keeping humanity sick and asleep.

:2cents

pboy

Drink quality milk, cheese, and/or whey
Boost dopamine by doing things that make yourself feel worthy and valuable (which include things you find enjoyable, love yourself, youre your only judge)
Try to realize that the significance of everything you're worrying about is not quite as much as you may be placing on it
Make sure you're not denying salt cravings
And from my experience...don't worry about going to a doctor if you don't want to, they've never really helped me either...but I don't think they are malicious and mean to harm anyone.
They are in general in high debt, rushed and stressed, and had a narrow, limited education...yet they are supposed to be the ones in the society to help people solve their deepest problems. I'd suggest only going if you want a specific thing tested or a level of something tested, but don't go if you're just going to explain symptoms and expect to get a quick, accurate diagnosis

HDD

@burtlancast The saltwater flush is used in "The Master Cleanse" aka The Lemonade Diet . I have done it with this fast.

burtlancast

Haagendazendiane said:
@burtlancast The saltwater flush is used in "The Master Cleanse" aka The Lemonade Diet . I have done it with this fast.

Thanks.

I know William Kelley used to propose the liver flush. The rationale was the small bile ducts inside the liver were clogged by waste materials, and that once those ducts were freed from these wastes , the liver could function better.

I don't doubt Kelley's work and outstanding results with cancer ( he's after all using a modified version of the Gerson therapy) but i never quite discovered the proofs about the master cleanse.

Gerson proved coffee enemas dilate the bile ducts and increase the activity of the liver's detoxifying enzymes, helping thus the liver in his blood cleaning action.

But this liver cleanse isn't quite a coffee enema, is it ?

gretchen

Aspirin is very affordable. Coffee, milk and OJ are as well. If you have some extra $, you might pick up some Bach Rescue Remedy. It will help calm you down.

Swandattur

I keep forgetting to check the " notify me" box for these threads. Looks like you've gotten some suggestions. As far as doing the water flush, a person can get pretty desperate when depressed and getting no help. Sometimes one just doesn't realize the danger. Maybe you could ask Ray Peat what blood tests or other tests you might have done at a doctor. If he thought certain things would be good to know, it might help you to feel more comfortable about going to a doctor. It seems to me really studying out the Ray Peat dietary suggestions and simple things like red light would be good to work on. I guess you do Epsom salts and/or baking soda baths? I'll have to look at that one site they were talking about. My niece has mood and alcohol problems. Anyway, it seems like contacting Peat would be a good idea if you write a clear complete description of everything. Don't let people make you feel down about yourself. Obviously they don't really understand what you're going through. Keep working on it.

Swandattur

There are a lot of pod casts by Robert Sapolksky who studies stress. Actually Ray Peat mentions his work in his articles here and there. He really seems to understand how bad depression can be. Plus he has a great sense of humor. If no one around you gets it, maybe listening to someone who has studied that sort of thing for his life's work and is compassionate would make you feel validated. Just a thought.
If you still can enjoy humor sometimes, you might try watching funny shows, and maybe shows that make you feel better. Sometimes I watch "Shawn the Sheep" or "Sponge Bob" on Netflix. I also like watching the Agatha Christie mysterys from the 80s, not the later ones. The later ones got jarring. The older ones have very relaxing and good background music, and Miss Marple and Poirot in those are so nice and calming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals