Tonsilitis For 6 Months?

Bluemachine

since august i've had a swollen bulbous looking tonsil on one side with two small lumps right behind it with a reoccuring redness and soreness. when it's inflammed my ear feels full and uncomfortable. around the time that cropped up i noticed a lump under my jaw that i assume is a swollen lymph node and an even smaller lump further back nearer the neck. 1 doc said nothing to worry about, the other said it looks red and imflammed and that the lumps by the tonsil were just tonsil tissue. bloods are fine appart from low folate and vitamin d but several times particularly when this first cropped up i've felt really awful. i just can't seem to rid this thing. could sibo be causing this?

Diokine

Which side? How is your digestion? Infection in the teeth or jaw can disrupt tissue and lymph maintenance. This can be a progressive decline lasting years and may be associated with neck pain, headache, spleen/pancreatic congestion and worsening digestion. Viral interference from something like hpv ebv or cmv may contribute to the bacterial infections as well.

OP
B

Bluemachine

the swollen tonsil is on my left side the swollen nodes under my jaw are slightly to the right side, the ear discomfort can be either. digestion has been awful for a while now, incidentaly worsened some time after having a root canal on an infected tooth which i occasionaly get some mild aching in particularly when i have sore throats and stuff. i fear you've hit the nail on the head and i'm going to have to find get and dentist to take a look at it which is going to probably mean unavoidable xrays.

OP
B

Bluemachine

i actualy recall saying in one of my worst moments during these last few months 'i feel like i did when i had that tooth infection' is this a case of the dentist not thouraly cleaning and going to result in an extraction?

I had tonsillitis every month when I was a kid. Literally, since early childhood, every month. I got it cut off. My theory is it's an autoimmune condition and protection mechanism. Something you eat causes autoimmune reaction and body creates inflammation on tonsils to prevent you from eating and stop autoimmune attack.

OP
B

Bluemachine

surely removing the tonsils wouldn't resolve that entirely, the autoimune reaction would elicit a response in more places than the tonsils? you dont have autoimmune issues anymore?

OP
B

Bluemachine

mine tend to flare up when i'm out interacting with others alot, if i spend the day in solitude nasal breathing theyre relativaly normal

OP
B

Bluemachine

Which side? How is your digestion? Infection in the teeth or jaw can disrupt tissue and lymph maintenance. This can be a progressive decline lasting years and may be associated with neck pain, headache, spleen/pancreatic congestion and worsening digestion. Viral interference from something like hpv ebv or cmv may contribute to the bacterial infections as well.
do you have any further suggestions? i've been feeling much better recently after completely eliminating fiber and starch but for the past couple of days tonsils have been really inflamed, red and sore when swallowing, can't be good for them to be like this for getting on 7 months now. docs have offered zero advice.

since august i've had a swollen bulbous looking tonsil on one side with two small lumps right behind it with a reoccuring redness and soreness. when it's inflammed my ear feels full and uncomfortable. around the time that cropped up i noticed a lump under my jaw that i assume is a swollen lymph node and an even smaller lump further back nearer the neck. 1 doc said nothing to worry about, the other said it looks red and imflammed and that the lumps by the tonsil were just tonsil tissue. bloods are fine appart from low folate and vitamin d but several times particularly when this first cropped up i've felt really awful. i just can't seem to rid this thing. could sibo be causing this?

I had recurrent Tonsilitis-like disorder and could only manage it with Vitamin D3 supplement,which managed it completely ever since.I would rec 7500 to 10000IU/d of D3,if you are overweight,more,i dont know how much.For hastened onset ,a bolus dose 20000IU 2x/d for a month is OK.And yes,it can also be a botched procedure,but i would rec D strongly.

OP
B

Bluemachine

I had recurrent Tonsilitis-like disorder and could only manage it with Vitamin D3 supplement,which managed it completely ever since.I would rec 7500 to 10000IU/d of D3,if you are overweight,more,i dont know how much.For hastened onset ,a bolus dose 20000IU 2x/d for a month is OK.And yes,it can also be a botched procedure,but i would rec D strongly.
Is there any particular brands or carrier(coconut vs Olive oil or whatever) you recommend? Oral vs topical?
I initially wrote of your recommendation as I didn't see how it would benefit me but after some further rumination & research I think it's worth giving it a shot based on my current perspective. Also, a lot of the vitamin d supps seem to have vitamin e in which I'm hesitant about as I tend to feel not great on e although I think the only 2 I've tried have been mixed with sunflower oil. What's your thoughts on e?

Is there any particular brands or carrier(coconut vs Olive oil or whatever) you recommend? Oral vs topical?
I initially wrote of your recommendation as I didn't see how it would benefit me but after some further rumination & research I think it's worth giving it a shot based on my current perspective. Also, a lot of the vitamin d supps seem to have vitamin e in which I'm hesitant about as I tend to feel not great on e although I think the only 2 I've tried have been mixed with sunflower oil. What's your thoughts on e?

To clarify, it should read "a bolus dose 20000IU 1x/d", not 2x like i mistakenly wrote; I am undecided in terms of carrier oils, but would favour mct. VE is fine, maybe too high a dose in a single intake causes temporary issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom