Tons Of Mucus With Bowel Movement

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure if there is any info from Peat on this subject but I will tell you my past experience. I had been told previously it was from IBS the constipation type when I was younger. I did experience it periodically when constipated. I haven't had that at all after going gluten free even before Peat. Probably anything irritating your bowels could cause it to happen. Do you eat the carrot salad? Cascara is always wonderful when you need it in order to go adequately if that is an issue. So for me gluten caused that to happen but I imagine it could be different irritants for different people.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks for the reply. I've been gluten free for a while now. I do eat bamboo shoots daily, mashed. I wonder if chocolate can cause this. Or milk... I am definitely not normal with my bowels. I also take cascara daily.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mine are sensitive too. I didn't want to give the false impression that everything's roses! I had to take cascara morning and night for 6 months straight just to go somewhat normally. That just recently improved for me. I just don't have the mucus anymore. I'm happy for my improvements but compared to some people I'm probably not regular so to speak! I wonder if you would benefit from something like minocycline? I've not used it myself but would consider trying it if the other interventions weren't helping.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Blossom said:
Mine are sensitive too. I didn't want to give the false impression that everything's roses! I had to take cascara morning and night for 6 months straight just to go somewhat normally. That just recently improved for me. I just don't have the mucus anymore. I'm happy for my improvements but compared to some people I'm probably not regular so to speak! I wonder if you would benefit from something like minocycline? I've not used it myself but would consider trying it if the other interventions weren't helping.

Ironically, I am on Minocycline as well (I have Lyme). I take 50 mg in the morning and 50 at night.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh well, sorry. I don't know of anything else but maybe someone does. Best of luck, I know it isn't fun.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals