Tons Of Health Risks Associated With Going Bald Young

outcast1979

I think early childhood trauma is probably a factor in most cases of early balding. It definitely was for me. My parents became a trigger of constant stress when they were around. Just hearing a door open would cause a stress response for me as a child/teenager. This hyper active stress response has followed me into adulthood. Thankfully, I have tools to minimize it now thanks to this forum.
Same here,the reasons are less genetic and have to do more with the way of living,a lot stress for many years brings havoc to hormones,add to that a cycle with propecia and you are ready for hell.

opethfeldt

Same here,the reasons are less genetic and have to do more with the way of living,a lot stress for many years brings havoc to hormones,add to that a cycle with propecia and you are ready for hell.
Very glad I never took Propecia. I had a distrust of pharma drugs most of my life and I guess that was the only thing that stopped me from going down that road. How is your recovery going?

DhtAssassin

I don't think. I know.

While we're on the subject - what are you doing here anyways? You literally bring nothing to this forum whenever you speak now. Everyone knows about Fin. Anyone with a brain understands the serious risks that come with taking it and some have read the endless accounts people have provided online of the health problems they experienced on it.

People on this site are not looking for those kinds of risks to save their hair. That's why it's a Ray Peat forum, not a big pharma forum. If you've got nothing else to offer besides the obvious , sincerely run the f- on man.

And what do you bring with your conspiracy theories? You want some guy wasting his time trying to fix hairloss by changing his diet patterns? Diet has never saved anyone from MPB. At least my scepticism is going to save someone from wasting his time trying to save his by exercising and changing his diet. (It's healthy thing to do, but it won't bring hair back in 99 percent of cases). I wish that something else worked except fin/min/nizoral/dermarolling/castor oil, but so far i've seen no evidence for that. Some people here come with interesting ideas so I come to read them.

Summer

And what do you bring with your conspiracy theories? You want some guy wasting his time trying to fix hairloss by changing his diet patterns? Diet has never saved anyone from MPB. At least my scepticism is going to save someone from wasting his time trying to save his by exercising and changing his diet. (It's healthy thing to do, but it won't bring hair back in 99 percent of cases). I wish that something else worked except fin/min/nizoral/dermarolling/castor oil, but so far i've seen no evidence for that. Some people here come with interesting ideas so I come to read them.

Most of the ideas here go beyond simple diet changes though. Red light, sunlight, supplementation, circulation, posture, etc. Go to Tressless and most of the time you’ll get downvoted for mentioning anything outside of their accepted routine.

5a-DHP

difficult to feel differently than that when you are a balding teenager

It might not feel like this now whilst you're in the thick of it, but balding young isn't the end of the world my dude.

My shedding started at 18 when I destroyed my thyroid function with years of severe caloric restriction and endurance training to make weight for amateur boxing bouts. After another year or two of high dose testosterone use, my hair had thinned to the point that shaving bald at 20 was the only option and, like yourself, it had a huge impact on my confidence and mental health. As a naive young man, I had it in my head that I'd never attract a girl my own age, that I looked like a freak, and that my youth was essentially over. This was all compounded by the fact that I went to university a few years later than most, so all of my peers at the time were 18/19 year olds with perfect hair, whereas I was always the bald older dude.

In reality, it made zero difference to my life. I still had multiple girlfriends, I still had lots of casual / random one night flings with women my own age, I still made friends, etc, etc. You just have to make sure you're adept in most other areas of your life and it won't matter - i.e, being a bald younger dude is fine, but being a bald, out of shape dude with zero hobbies or career prospects is absolutely not fine.

Losing hair young is ***t and you should do what you can to address it, but don't let it hold you back in life.

OP
K

Kenny

It might not feel like this now whilst you're in the thick of it, but balding young isn't the end of the world my dude.

My shedding started at 18 when I destroyed my thyroid function with years of severe caloric restriction and endurance training to make weight for amateur boxing bouts. After another year or two of high dose testosterone use, my hair had thinned to the point that shaving bald at 20 was the only option and, like yourself, it had a huge impact on my confidence and mental health. As a naive young man, I had it in my head that I'd never attract a girl my own age, that I looked like a freak, and that my youth was essentially over. This was all compounded by the fact that I went to university a few years later than most, so all of my peers at the time were 18/19 year olds with perfect hair, whereas I was always the bald older dude.

In reality, it made zero difference to my life. I still had multiple girlfriends, I still had lots of casual / random one night flings with women my own age, I still made friends, etc, etc. You just have to make sure you're adept in most other areas of your life and it won't matter - i.e, being a bald younger dude is fine, but being a bald, out of shape dude with zero hobbies or career prospects is absolutely not fine.

Losing hair young is ***t and you should do what you can to address it, but don't let it hold you back in life.
I appreciate the kind words

outcast1979

Very glad I never took Propecia. I had a distrust of pharma drugs most of my life and I guess that was the only thing that stopped me from going down that road. How is your recovery going?
I lost trust in pharma at 25,the day that dermatologist suggest me propecia,after 15 years still trying to fix the underline reasons,very difficult,in the past i have fix a lot of ,my mental problems with drugs like srni and benzo,but that was a camouflage to the underlying problem.Now im free of all those,but days are hard.The next moves will be very aggresive like hcg etc.I don't have something to lose in the end.

DhtAssassin

why do you think that endurance training destroyed your hair? There are plenty of international level atheltes in boxing/wrestling/other martial artists who have great hair.

5a-DHP

why do you think that endurance training destroyed your hair? There are plenty of international level atheltes in boxing/wrestling/other martial artists who have great hair.

There are plenty of international level athletes in boxing/wrestling/other martial arts who are slick bald and have extremely hypometabolic appearances too. Likewise, there are people who smoke two packs a day for their entire adult life and still live till ninety with no health problems - doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause lung cancer. The response to and ability to withstand stress is highly individual.

DhtAssassin

There are plenty of international level athletes in boxing/wrestling/other martial arts who are slick bald and have extremely hypometabolic appearances too. Likewise, there are people who smoke two packs a day for their entire adult life and still live till ninety with no health problems - doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause lung cancer. A response to and ability to withstand stress is highly individual.

So basically you are just saying that hair loss is caused by genes? Paraphrasing to make it sound that it's not genes?

5a-DHP

So basically you are just saying that hair loss is caused by genes? Paraphrasing to make it sound that it's not genes?

I think there are hereditary influences that can make a person more susceptible to developing the underlying pathology of hairloss, yes. I don't think said susceptibility is a genetic sensitivity to dht though.

outcast1979

There are plenty of international level athletes in boxing/wrestling/other martial arts who are slick bald and have extremely hypometabolic appearances too. Likewise, there are people who smoke two packs a day for their entire adult life and still live till ninety with no health problems - doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause lung cancer. The response to and ability to withstand stress is highly individual.
Greatest fighter of all time fedor emelianenko,along with the greatest wrestler of all time karelin both of them slick bald.The problem is topical,the theory of baldness that is connected to heart problem it has been proved that it was false.

Ableton

endurance training + caloric destriction

Ableton

just putting out there that the average bald man does not associate baldness with any health issues whatsoever, and therefore does not react to it in any appropriate way. if baldness led you here, good for you, you know there are a couple issues to work on for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals