Tons Of Health Risks Associated With Going Bald Young

Kenny

Greater heart disease risk than obese people
Early baldness 'main heart disease risk'
Less fertile
Is There A Link Between Hair Loss & Infertility? – Times Square Chronicles
Greater risk of covid infection
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243736662.html

Okay this is getting ridiculous. Early baldness is associated with so many other terrible things.

**** this is so disheartening. There must be a way to correct this. Are bald/balding people just built weaker? What explains why some men can live exactly the same way and not experience the same thing.

My classmates who binge drink, live off fast food, and never sleep all have perfect hairlines and not a care in the world. Their environments can't have been very different from my own.

Is it really plausible that people born with unfortunate genetics would have so many poor traits as well? That seems ludicrous. This is such a cripplingly depressing experience.

The prevailing theory has been that baldness is a problem localized to the hair follicle, and that bald men are the same in every other way.

Obviously things like this imply that it is a systemic disease, and not simply a problem of 'hair follicle genetics', genetics can still be at play, but clearly on a level that affects the whole body. If it were approached as more of a systemic disease, it would be taken more seriously, by people and the medical institutions, but it's viewed as merely a cosmetic problem.

I understand you though - I started losing hair at 20, nothing really stopped it. Got on Finasteride at 23, that didn't stop it either, quit Finasteride and developed PFS, that's when it greatly slowed down. Now at 28 I still have decent hair, but my health is really bad and I know that when I fix what Finasteride broke, it will all go. Unfortunately I probably just have to make peace with that, because I haven't found a way to control this without sacrificing my hormones and well-being.

Zigzag

**** this is so disheartening. There must be a way to correct this. Are bald/balding people just built weaker? What explains why some men can live exactly the same way and not experience the same thing.
Highly doubt its fixable. It means your body is just super susceptible to all kinds of stress.

opethfeldt

Highly doubt its fixable. It means your body is just super susceptible to all kinds of stress.
I think early childhood trauma is probably a factor in most cases of early balding. It definitely was for me. My parents became a trigger of constant stress when they were around. Just hearing a door open would cause a stress response for me as a child/teenager. This hyper active stress response has followed me into adulthood. Thankfully, I have tools to minimize it now thanks to this forum.

Ableton

Plenty of healthy old people around who went bald early.
Unfortunately this will not grow your hair back though.
I would not focus on the health correlations too much. I have a huge family, all the males are basically balding and yet everyone is viril even in old age.
You have this forum, too. You can adress underlying ***t.
Hair already defines your looks, don’t let it define the outlook on your own health.
I know 3 guys who keep their hair due to fin, and they all age like ***t in every aspect but hair.
Through this forum I have significantly bettered my scalp texture, so I think underlying problems are adressed.
Just almost impossible to get regrowth...

Ableton

The prevailing theory has been that baldness is a problem localized to the hair follicle, and that bald men are the same in every other way.

Obviously things like this imply that it is a systemic disease, and not simply a problem of 'hair follicle genetics', genetics can still be at play, but clearly on a level that affects the whole body. If it were approached as more of a systemic disease, it would be taken more seriously, by people and the medical institutions, but it's viewed as merely a cosmetic problem.

I understand you though - I started losing hair at 20, nothing really stopped it. Got on Finasteride at 23, that didn't stop it either, quit Finasteride and developed PFS, that's when it greatly slowed down. Now at 28 I still have decent hair, but my health is really bad and I know that when I fix what Finasteride broke, it will all go. Unfortunately I probably just have to make peace with that, because I haven't found a way to control this without sacrificing my hormones and well-being.

interesting.
I took fin for a couple months @ 20 (Lol)
Horrible sides

it completely regrew my vertex, which stayed like that for 6,5 more years
I don’t think I even had pfs though, I felt fine some days after quitting fin

OP
K

Kenny

So its crippling beyond destroying appearance without any possibility of being fixed. Why even live.

Ableton

If you literally see no point in living without hair, I guess fin is your best option. I woild not suggest taking it at all, but if you still want to, I would look into microdosing it to not stunt your androgenization too much.
This should buy you some years, at best even decades

OP
K

Kenny

so the only bald person you know is beyond average life expectancy. Thats already something isnt it?
Actually the average well off white person makes it to their late 80's normally.

The guy also suffers from a new disease like every week and is constantly in and out of surgery

OP
K

Kenny

If you literally see no point in living without hair, I guess fin is your best option. I woild not suggest taking it at all, but if you still want to, I would look into microdosing it to not stunt your androgenization too much.
This should buy you some years, at best even decades

I'd be lying if I said the vast majority of my depression didn't come from my appearance being ruined. Knowing that beyond my control I am already more likely to suffer from other illness on top of that is just a bit jarring to hear. Lack of will to live is a symptom of being depressed for the past 5 months stuck in quarantine with nothing to focus on but the shitty hand I am being dealt.

If i try an anti androgen I would probably do topical dutasteride as its likely it doesn't go as systemic as fin due to the molecular weight.

Ableton

I'd be lying if I said the vast majority of my depression didn't come from my appearance being ruined. Knowing that beyond my control I am already more likely to suffer from other illness on top of that is just a bit jarring to hear. Lack of will to live is a symptom of being depressed for the past 5 months stuck in quarantine with nothing to focus on but the shitty hand I am being dealt.

If i try an anti androgen I would probably do topical dutasteride as its likely it doesn't go as systemic as fin due to the molecular weight.

shave your head.
This is the ideal time to do it.
It will regrow to buzzcut in a week.

you will see headshape and how ****88 you are.
Then make a decision

OP
K

Kenny

shave your head.
This is the ideal time to do it.
It will regrow to buzzcut in a week.

you will see headshape and how ****88 you are.
Then make a decision

I don't think that even the best head shape can ever look better than having hair. Plus im too cowardly to do it in front of my peers in my webcammed online classes.
Especially it appears to be a genetic signal of(generally) being dysgenic in all other categories

Ableton

I don't think that even the best head shape can ever look better than having hair. Plus im too cowardly to do it in front of my peers in my webcammed online classes.
Especially it appears to be a genetic signal of(generally) being dysgenic in all other categories
If you luck out on headshape and are androgenic you can still be fine in your twenties and then moving up in relation to your peers in your 30s and 40s.
Wear a hat in your classes.
The point of this is to figure out if anti androgens are worth it.
Ofc everyone looks better with hair, thats not the point.
At worst you shaving your head and hating it will trigger a response in you were you actually start doing something about it, instead of sitting on your depressed **** and talking yourself into being genetic ***t, while baldi g men are at the top of every sport, ceo‘s of firms etc

OP
K

Kenny

If you luck out on headshape and are androgenic you can still be fine in your twenties and then moving up in relation to your peers in your 30s and 40s.
Wear a hat in your classes.
The point of this is to figure out if anti androgens are worth it.
Ofc everyone looks better with hair, thats not the point.
At worst you shaving your head and hating it will trigger a response in you were you actually start doing something about it, instead of sitting on your depressed **** and talking yourself into being genetic ***t, while baldi g men are at the top of every sport, ceo‘s of firms etc

Your advice is quite good Ableton. Thank you.

I would like to shift back to the topic of the thread.

I don't really know how heart disease is related to male pattern baldness aside via oxidative stress.

Low SHBG is very related to AGA and infertility. I wonder how much of an effect targeting SHBG would help on its own.

these are the methods i can think of
Aerobic exercise has been shown to increase SHBG
Drinking two cups of coffee every day
low fat diet

Zigzag

dude im 19 the only bald man i know is my 81 year old grandfather.
Im going bald meanwhile my 79 old grandpa and basically everyone in my family has full head of hair. Life's been ***t lately, not gonna lie

M

metabolizm

Sean Connery, who started balding pretty early, has just turned 90, for what it's worth.

Picasso, who died at 91, also comes to mind.

And I'm sure there are plenty of similar examples of bald, unknown men who lived very long lives.

You may not look as good without hair, but character is what matters.

Maljam

Has anyone ever considered if the bald men that have higher rates of heart disease are unhappy about their hair loss? There are many, many old bald men, that live happy and healthy lives. I wonder if they are the ones that enjoy having a bald head. What if the stress of losing your hair, and having to look at yourself and see it every day causes some deep rooted anger and stress that builds up and leads to disease. Of course this doesn't take into account the fibrosis and hormonal aspects of hair loss.