Tongue Issues

faisman

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this issue. My tongue always seems to be smooth and red on the tip and going up towards the left and right sides. It always looks better in the morning before I've eaten anything and on some days looks much less noticable although I cant seem to connect it to anything. Sometimes a small patch within that area will get extra red and bit raw. It doesn't bother me physically but I guess it has to be a sign of something internal or a deficiency since its been like this for a while.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 61

scarlettsmum

I used to have that back in those days when i used to eat lots of fermented foods like sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, etc. As soon as I stopped these and improved my metabolism a little by following some of RP's ideas (by no means my metabolism is fixed, but is certainly better, temps above 36 now, used to be around 35) it went away. I am thinking it has to do with inflammation of some part of your digestive system, colon perhaps. I think the key for me was also to reduce/eliminate irritable fibre (muesli, whole grains) and eating easily digestible foods. This was a big issue for me for years but cleared up completely. So there is hope. Also watch out for anything acidic and triggers. For me these were: vinegar, tomatoes, pineapple, oranges, kiwis, and even unpasteurised cheddar, etc. Nowadays I'm not troubled by these foods at all.

OP
F

faisman

I used to have that back in those days when i used to eat lots of fermented foods like sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, etc. As soon as I stopped these and improved my metabolism a little by following some of RP's ideas (by no means my metabolism is fixed, but is certainly better, temps above 36 now, used to be around 35) it went away. I am thinking it has to do with inflammation of some part of your digestive system, colon perhaps. I think the key for me was also to reduce/eliminate irritable fibre (muesli, whole grains) and eating easily digestible foods. This was a big issue for me for years but cleared up completely. So there is hope. Also watch out for anything acidic and triggers. For me these were: vinegar, tomatoes, pineapple, oranges, kiwis, and even unpasteurised cheddar, etc. Nowadays I'm not troubled by these foods at all.

I have definitetly reduced my consumption of irritable/hard to digest foods for a while now, as for the acidic foods I do feel like they make it more noticible sometimes so i'll look out for that. Its good to hear youve gotten rid of it :)

FD8

I believe you have a geographic tongue, mainstream medicine says "no cure"

OP
F

faisman

I believe you have a geographic tongue, mainstream medicine says "no cure"

I have looked into that but, I believe I have something different since my patches dont have a white lining and they never change their position. However, in my opinion geographic tongue must also reflect some kind of deficiency or imbalance.

rayban

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this issue. My tongue always seems to be smooth and red on the tip and going up towards the left and right sides. It always looks better in the morning before I've eaten anything and on some days looks much less noticable although I cant seem to connect it to anything. Sometimes a small patch within that area will get extra red and bit raw. It doesn't bother me physically but I guess it has to be a sign of something internal or a deficiency since its been like this for a while.
Did you find a solution? I have white marks that change in shape and turn red and sometimes itch, and the tongue is white with patches that arent white.

OP
F

faisman

Did you find a solution? I have white marks that change in shape and turn red and sometimes itch, and the tongue is white with patches that arent white.
It was a lot of issues all to do mainly with digestion. I also found out it was closely linked to my scalp psoriasis. Antibiotics help but don’t solve it. I focused on improving digestion and general wellbeing and its 90% better now.

When it was at its worst I was having trouble digestion fat due to some gallbladder issues which I improved through lowering fat for the time being and incorporating oxbile. Removing irritating foods, chewing more and improving motility helps a lot. I also noticed that good sleep is really important, these symptoms seem to improve directly after a restful sleep. Same with sun exposure, really beneficial.

I’ve also started taking shilajit and magnesium bicarbonate over the last year which I feel really helped this and my general wellbeing. A good spore based probiotic helps to keep the gut in check (I use the one by Youtheory). Incorporating more fruit and organ meats also seems to help a lot.

Ive recently started taking B1 as allithiamine and B3 in an effort to improve things further and will be incorporating dessicated pancreas as I’ve heard good things about it too.

Hope this helps :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals