Tom Brimeyer Program For Thyroid

Dobbler

I haven't tried but he is basicly Ray Peat copycat if you read his blog posts. How much his"coaching" costs i dont know, but if it's hundreds of dollars a month, you could just read his articles first and if you are somewhat familiar with Peat you can probably make some changes yourself. Also read Peats articles and listen some Haidut+Danny Roddy podcasts from youtube.

Thing is with these coaches you never know how they actually communicate with you, it can take days or even weeks before they answer your emails or phone calls. Sure if you pay 1-10 dollars a month for patreon you cant expect instant answers to all of your questions, but if you pay few hundred dollars a month, i would require a ******* 24/7 call in service with very quick email answers, and weekly update "meetings".

OP
M

Mary Lyn

Thank you Dobbler.

It is very tempting for me to pay for a protocol ($99) so that it is all worked out for me, whilst I am so sick, but when I think, doing someones protocol got me into more trouble and it is not peaty is it? I mean, a one size fits all cannot help that many if they are really sick.

On here you have to do a lot of the work and that is the best plan yes? So you don't have to keep running to others all of the time. And especially when they take ages to get back unless you part with big $$.

denise

He's definitely using lots of Peat's ideas. If you're sure you want to try Peat's ideas, but your hypothyroid brain just doesn't have the horsepower to not only read but also digest all of Peat's work and then figure out how to apply it to your own life, then Brimeyer's work is decent place to start. It's digestible and relatively clear. Don't expect a work of genius, and do expect to still follow your own instincts about what works for you or not. He has a 60-day guarantee, so you could always get it, look it over, and then return it if you don't think it's for you.

(As an aside, he promotes his own products, as you would expect, but you can find better prices elsewhere.)

bluewren

I bought the Tom Brimeyer programme a couple of years ago. I have found it really helpful. He has a good understanding of RP principles.

alywest

I think he has a good idea of what tests you should run based on the symptoms you're having and what you're currently taking. And then based on that he focuses on all the Peat inspired topics, like serotonin, estrogen, thyroid. The diet he promotes is in keeping with Peat but it's very heavily centered on the use of hydrolyzed collagen protein which can be quite expensive, especially the forefront health brand. But I think if you're using the protein as a meal replacement kind of thing, then maybe it's not too crazy. His meal plan involves making a meal at night and then eating the leftovers for lunch. My issue with the Peat eating style is the lack of variety and unfortunately Brimeyer's food plan is not going to offer a huge array of meals because of the limitation of ingredients. It would probably be worthwhile to get a panel of tests run that he recommends and then get his interpretation of it for your knowledge. It certainly can't hurt.

Elize

Hi. He says his work is Ray Peat based. His material is well structured, easy to follow and worth the 99 dollars and you can choose not to buy his products.

Elize

cdg

Has anyone here tried this program? He seems to be using a lot of Peats work.

Get Started - Hypothyroidism Revolution

Its petty good as he can help you understand Dr. Peat's concepts better. And he does respond to inquiries in timely manner. Unlike other coaches he does not deviate from peaty concepts and gives credit where it due. Unlike some, he dose not pretend to do it better than Dr. Peat.

CrystalClear

Its petty good as he can help you understand Dr. Peat's concepts better. And he does respond to inquiries in timely manner. Unlike other coaches he does not deviate from peaty concepts and gives credit where it due. Unlike some, he dose not pretend to do it better than Dr. Peat.
I agree with you. Having done the program back in 2016, it was a good intro to Peat for me.

OP
M

Mary Lyn

Many thanks for the replies. I will have another look at it as it might be helpful for me due to my many food intollerance. I have just discovered that bone broth us off the menu which is a bummer.