Toenail Fungas! Help!

SOS! Has Ray or Georgi every addressed toenail fungus and what would be the best way to treat it?? I’ve had nail fungus for a long time (which I got from playing competitive tennis as a kid) and have never quite been able to get rid of it. I feel like it’s very important for my overall health to beat this

Perry Staltic

I had it so bad on my big toe I had to grind away most of the toenail with a dremel-type tool to expose the softer tissue beneath and smother it with an antifungal liquid for weeks. Also did heated epson salt bath soaks. It's slow growing back so not yet sure if I've cured it.

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
I had it so bad on my big toe I had to grind away most of the toenail with a dremel-type tool to expose the softer tissue beneath and smother it with an antifungal liquid for weeks. It's slow growing back so not yet sure if I've cured it.
Did you go to the foot doc for that?

Perry Staltic

Your post reminded me to revisit my toe to see how it's doing. I ground off the dead stuff and reapplied some antifungal liquid. It looks like it's getting better.

bogbody

i don't know if he addressed toenail fungus specifically but he has talked about flowers of sulphur being a good antifungal. you could probably mix it with some with coconut oil and apply that.

BrianF

Had a have case on the big toe, down one side of the nail. Recently decided to soften it in water then cut the nail back as far as I could and apply Methylene Blue. This is messy and leaves a nasty blue stain but it is killing the fungus.

Experiment ongoing.

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
Had a have case on the big toe, down one side of the nail. Recently decided to soften it in water then cut the nail back as far as I could and apply Methylene Blue. This is messy and leaves a nasty blue stain but it is killing the fungus.

Experiment ongoing.
Has your nail grown back to normal?

BrianF

Too early to say but the blue colouring is taking time to fade. Still, Id prefer blue dye to yellowish brown fungal growth.

Its only been about 10 days so I will update you. Maybe I will pm you a picture.

scrubolio

maybe a bit different, but I've had some type of super itchy fungus on the tops of my feet for 3+ months before starting a peat-inspired diet and thyroid/aspirin. after 2-3 months into it, its been slowly/gradually healing and dying. maybe about 10% left, but definitely nowhere as itchy as it used to be.

karw

Typically people with nail fungus they can't get rid of or resurrecting has some sort of internal issue with candida overgrowth. Aspirin can work but look into nystatin or fluconazole with some high quality added probiotics. Use Tea tree oil or oregano oil on the infected toe. Healing can take up to 3-6-12 months.

HLP

SOS! Has Ray or Georgi every addressed toenail fungus and what would be the best way to treat it?? I’ve had nail fungus for a long time (which I got from playing competitive tennis as a kid) and have never quite been able to get rid of it. I feel like it’s very important for my overall health to beat this
Stearic acid worked for my BIL

tankasnowgod

Before discovering Peat, I had this issue, and got prescription Lamasil. Took it for 3-4 months (orally), and it largely resolved the issue. Toenails improved, I'd say about 90%.

I don't think Peat mentioned this specifically, but he has mentioned Flowers of Sulphur for intestinal bacteria. Maybe taking a similar dose to the lamasil might resolve it? I don't know if there would be issues taking sulphur that long, however, Peat usually says about 3 days. That probably won't be enough time to address toenail fungus.

Phosphor

This can be easily taken care of with red laser light (basically cooks it dead.) There will be quite a few alternative practitioners with this available....a chiropractor near me has it and treatments are just an office call. I don't know how many are required, but I don't think it is many.

xborg

Borax is one of the best antifungals. Mix up a little borax paste and apply while you relax. Will take a few months to grow out clear but it works.

OP
SatoshiPufamoto
I had it so bad on my big toe I had to grind away most of the toenail with a dremel-type tool to expose the softer tissue beneath and smother it with an antifungal liquid for weeks. Also did heated epson salt bath soaks. It's slow growing back so not yet sure if I've cured it.
How’s it looking now? You learn anything new?

Mossy

Not sure if it works, but I read somewhere Vick's vapor rub will help.

Dutchie

Read that putting 1 drop daily of 5% lugols iodine on the toenail should get rid of toenail fungus.