TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

JKX

You can search for each of those on the forum. Each product has its own thread full of information.

ljihkugft7

Thanks :) but I noticed that they say only for external use. Are there internal recommendations?
I assumed it only says external only for legal reasons??

@Mauritio
@jb116 @Dave Clark @jamies33 @Andman

Are you aware of this

Edit (April 2018): As most people buying our TocoVit have noticed, it has a strong pungent odor and taste. Many people found that displeasing and Ray mentioned that it may be due to residual unsaturated fats in the raw material. So, we decided to further purify the product in order to resolve these issues. We hired a lab to perform additional distillation of the raw TocoVit and remove the fats as well as the impurities that were causing the odor/taste. What remained are just the mixed tocopherols and the long chain fatty alcohols known as "policosanol".
Policosanol - Wikipedia

Andman

@Mauritio

Are you aware of this

Edit (April 2018): As most people buying our TocoVit have noticed, it has a strong pungent odor and taste. Many people found that displeasing and Ray mentioned that it may be due to residual unsaturated fats in the raw material. So, we decided to further purify the product in order to resolve these issues. We hired a lab to perform additional distillation of the raw TocoVit and remove the fats as well as the impurities that were causing the odor/taste. What remained are just the mixed tocopherols and the long chain fatty alcohols known as "policosanol".
Policosanol - Wikipedia

yeah thank you, the policosanols are mentioned on the bottle label, but not the amount/dose unfortunately

Mauritio

@Mauritio

Are you aware of this

Policosanol - Wikipedia
I couldn't tolerate tocovit really well, it also gave me some benefits, but I got minor allergic symptoms from it ,which I dont get from pure policosanol.

J

jb116

@Mauritio

Are you aware of this

Policosanol - Wikipedia
Thanks, yep. I've been enjoying adding the extra policosanols to a few drops of tocovit as the vehicle lately.

YourUniverse

@Mauritio

Are you aware of this

Policosanol - Wikipedia
Ooo, cool, I didnt know tocovit now had policosanol!

@haidut , if its not too much bother, could you let us in on the policosanol content of tocovit?

Last edited:

Mito

Ooo, cool, I didnt know tocovit now had policosanol!

@haidut , if its not too much bother, could you let us in on the policosanol content of tocovit?
Currently, there is no PUFA in TocoVit, not even a gram per the entire bottle. The only thing in there are the mixed tocopherols and policosanols plus the MCT we add to make it less viscous and able to flow out of the bottle. I think there is about 9mg-12mg policosanols per ml of liquid in TocoVit.

Kira

Vitamin E is vitamin E, when it comes to tocopherol. So, the equivalence of both is 1 to 1. TocoVit contains other chemicals from wheat germ, which peat opined may have been responsible for the highly beneficial effects of older vitamin E products he (and his thesis adviser) used. So, not even sure how to compare TocoVit to a generic vitamin E. But as far as the alpha tocopherols in both of them is concerned they are all equivalent.

HI Haidud:): I am thinking of placing an order for TocoVit, but I cant find any dosing recommendations on the web-site, and I have 3 questions:
How many drops are recommended, and how much E is in the recommended dose?
I am looking for internal vit E, but for some reason the majority of users here are taking it topically, what type of application is your product designed for?
Finally, what is the expiration date on the current batch ?
TIA

Experienced

HI Haidud:): I am thinking of placing an order for TocoVit, but I cant find any dosing recommendations on the web-site, and I have 3 questions:
How many drops are recommended, and how much E is in the recommended dose?
I am looking for internal vit E, but for some reason the majority of users here are taking it topically, what type of application is your product designed for?
Finally, what is the expiration date on the current batch ?
TIA
What is your budget for Vitamin E?

Kira

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/ultimate-e-reg

Thnx!
I looked at Thorne's E before, but isn't it just a standard mixed tocopherol product, nothing that some other brands doest carry? what am I missing? ...
Would you pls elaborate why do you think it is better than TocoVit, which has additional benefits (according to Ray Peat) of the whole vit E extract with helpful "impurities" ... I am so confused here ;-))

Last edited by a moderator:

Experienced

Thnx!
I looked at Thorne's E before, but isn't it just a standard mixed tocopherol product, nothing that some other brands doest carry? what am I missing? ...
Would you pls elaborate why do you think it is better than TocoVit, which has additional benefits (according to Ray Peat) of the whole vit E extract with helpful "impurities" ... I am so confused here ;-))
I'm not saying it's better then Tocovit I'm just a huge fan of the brand itself , just recently ordered their Ultimate E and awaiting on it but yes it's mixed with other tocopherol variants so it's sort of Full spectrum I'm not sure what the difference is between tocovit and Ultimate E. Also Thorne has a similair product like haidut has for example Kuinone vs Thorne K2

Vitamin K2: Vitamin K2 in its MK-4 form to support bone, heart, and blood vessel health*

And this is from haidut itself Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Choose for the one you feel more comfortable with. I'm not saying that Tocovit is any different I'm suggesting you another brand that may catch your interest

Kira

I'm not saying it's better then Tocovit I'm just a huge fan of the brand itself , just recently ordered their Ultimate E and awaiting on it but yes it's mixed with other tocopherol variants so it's sort of Full spectrum I'm not sure what the difference is between tocovit and Ultimate E. Also Thorne has a similair product like haidut has for example Kuinone vs Thorne K2

Vitamin K2: Vitamin K2 in its MK-4 form to support bone, heart, and blood vessel health*

Choose for the one you feel more comfortable with. I'm not saying that Tocovit is any different I'm suggesting you another brand that may catch your interest

Thank you!

Recoen

What is different about tocovit and/or kuinone that they should be taken at least 6h away from each other, but are combined in estroban?

Recoen

Been wondering the same. Just got my first order of kuinon and tocovit today!
From reading other threads, it looks like the dose of each in estroban is low enough that they can be taken together. So I imagine if you do like one drop tocovit (I believe that’s 25mg) and one drop kuinone (2mg) in different spots together that should be ok. I’ve been using kuinone in the morning then tocovit and progest e 3h later.

Last edited: