TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Since it derives from wheat germ oil, is there any chance it could be problematic for gluten sensitive or celiac individuals?
I think we (gluten sensitive/celiacs) should stick to topical application only for now just to be extra cautious. I'm going to treat it like I would lipstick, lotion or shampoo and not put it anywhere that would risk it coming in contact with my mouth. I've been researching this and have found conflicting information (no surprise). I did find a home testing kit that I might buy at some point and test it myself. I'm not sure yet if it would work but here's the link.
EZ Gluten™ - Gluten Test Kit Shop

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut - you're the bomb! TocoVit in my mailbox this morning!!
:thankyou :dancingsmileyman

Most orders placed before 5pm on weekdays and before noon on Saturday ship the same day. Given how efficient USPS (usually) is within the USA, this means more than 90% of orders get delivered within 2 days.

jaguar43

I don't think there are any significant amounts of tocotrienols. The breakdown is roughly 60% alpha tocopherol, 20% delta tocopherol, 10% gamma tocopherol and 10% beta tocopherol. I will post a more specific analysis in the original post when I get the formal paperwork from the vendor.

Doesn't Ray Peat think there needs to be a higher gamma ratio ? Or was he referring to standard vitamin E products.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you stack MitoLipin with TocoVit?

Well, sure you can but given that both of them have vitamin E it may be a bit too much vitamin E daily. I'd alternate them or take some vitamin K to avoid excessive blood thinning.

Nighteyes

Awesome now I can buy :thumbleft

Bahaha, would be expensive to buy for The taste ;) i would buy it for The Extreme anti-estrogen effect it has - damn. Nothing Like it for me. Never going back to regular e products. This is probably The supplement i have noticed The most pronounced effect from - except for cypro maybe. That stuff is felt every time.

allblues

Just applied my first 400 iu. Stoked! This might be jr sized bitchtits' final hour.
Thanks for continuing to bring out these awesome products, @haidut!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bahaha, would be expensive to buy for The taste ;) i would buy it for The Extreme anti-estrogen effect it has - damn. Nothing Like it for me. Never going back to regular e products. This is probably The supplement i have noticed The most pronounced effect from - except for cypro maybe. That stuff is felt every time.

Lol, the law of unintended consequences I think:): I shoot for reproducing anti-estrogen effects and I get a "great taste" response instead. Maybe, as Ray said, enjoying the taste will have a pro-metabolic effects additive to the blocking of estrogen. Now, I can advertise it as "supplement you can actually taste".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just applied my first 400 iu. Stoked! This might be jr sized bitchtits' final hour.
Thanks for continuing to bring out these awesome products, @haidut!

Perfect, thanks for sharing! I also find that TocoVit gives me a pro-androgenic effects for some reason. It could be the squalene inside that gets converted to some type of androgenic steroid in the body. I know squalene was used as a doping agent decades ago but nobody followed up to find out what is it that squalene is actually doing or converting into. I guess the technology was not that advanced at the time.

Kasper

I would like to buy this one if you can find some way to lower the vitamin E in mitolipin :rolleyes: :)

cpaqf1

haidut, I've always heard that pure Vit E had a viscosity that could easily digestion problems, does the same apply to yours? or is the texture different?

scarlettsmum

Haidut, I'm supposed to rub some ointment into my post op scar whilst massaging it, so I thought of vitamin E. Would this be the best option that would encourage healing? It's going across my lower abdomen hip to hip pretty much, so I'm worried about the amounts needed and overdosing, especially since I am supposed to be doing this 2x per day. Would this have to be diluted and how can I be economical with it and at the same time see results? Btw. I have both olive, coconut and mct oil for dilution. Thank you!

Pointless

Haidut, I'm supposed to rub some ointment into my post op scar whilst massaging it, so I thought of vitamin E. Would this be the best option that would encourage healing? It's going across my lower abdomen hip to hip pretty much, so I'm worried about the amounts needed and overdosing, especially since I am supposed to be doing this 2x per day. Would this have to be diluted and how can I be economical with it and at the same time see results? Btw. I have both olive, coconut and mct oil for dilution. Thank you!

I think you'll have plenty with a standard dose. Split the dose in half, and you will have enough to cover that area. My surgeon also recommended vitamin E, but the scar is kinda rad, so I never used it.

scarlettsmum

I think you'll have plenty with a standard dose. Split the dose in half, and you will have enough to cover that area. My surgeon also recommended vitamin E, but the scar is kinda rad, so I never used it.

Thank you! I will mix it with some oil and hope for miracles. :) Am I correct in thinking that oestrogen causes fibrosis, hard lumpy scar (in my case) and since vitamin E is anti-estrogenic it makes scar heal nicely, no hard lumps. Is this why it is recommended?