TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What makes this vitamin E supplement so expensive, simply because its from wheat germ oil?

There are basically no companies producing vitamin E from wheat germ any more. Soy is so cheap and so heavily subsidized everywhere that pretty much all commercially available vitamin E is sourced from soy. So, the only vendor that we found willing to produce this vitamin E was in Europe and their product is not cheap. WHen you factor in shipping costs and duty tax, the price just the raw material becomes pretty significant.
Also, the vitamin E available on the market has had other valuable ingredients removed, so it is just tocopherols. Peat conjectured in one of his articles that the great results using vitamin E before 1950s were maybe due to some "impurities" that were present in the wheat germ. TocoVit contains quite a bit of squalene, lanosterol and other chemicals that can actually serve as steroid precursors and some of them have steroid effects of their own. Most people using it so far reported immediate increase in temps and pulse, which does not seem to happen with other products. Look here for more info:
Experimenting With TocoVit's Effect On Body Temperature

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's the ideal way to take tocovit? Oral/skin? Dosage amount? What time to take? Any way to increase absorption/effect? The goal being to lower estrogen and increase T and dht.

There is no ideal vitamin E dose. It depends on your diet and PUFA stores. I think most people can probably get buy on about 200 IU daily, which is 10 drops TocoVit. Vitamin E increases progesterone and acts like progesterone itself. So, while it should lower estrogen I don't think it will increase DHT directly.

acrylic

New batches of tocovit are MUCH darker. Do you know what is responsible for these differences? Is the manufacturer standardizing the product?

There is no ideal vitamin E dose. It depends on your diet and PUFA stores. I think most people can probably get buy on about 200 IU daily, which is 10 drops TocoVit. Vitamin E increases progesterone and acts like progesterone itself. So, while it should lower estrogen I don't think it will increase DHT directly.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
New batches of tocovit are MUCH darker. Do you know what is responsible for these differences? Is the manufacturer standardizing the product?

The new batches have much less residual oil from the wheat germ oil they are produced from. So, while they are standardized to have the same vitamin E dose as before there may be more squalene and more lanosterol as a result of the less residual oils. All in all, should make it even more potent product. Please report any difference in effects from the two batches.

jaa

I purchased an old tocovit product and stored it in my fridge. It was very viscous at first, and has since lost it's viscosity. Any known reason for this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I purchased an old tocovit product and stored it in my fridge. It was very viscous at first, and has since lost it's viscosity. Any known reason for this?

Can you leave it outside the fridge for a day or two and see if it changes color? The vitamin E interacts with light and the color is from an electronic effect under influence of light. There is nothing in the product that degrades with time or under low temps.

jaa

Can you leave it outside the fridge for a day or two and see if it changes color? The vitamin E interacts with light and the color is from an electronic effect under influence of light. There is nothing in the product that degrades with time or under low temps.

I'm afraid I can't. I've in between homes at the moment and it's been outside the fridge for a few weeks now. It looks to be slightly more amber than it was initially, but I can't recall if that was like that when I initially noticed the change in viscosity during fridge storage.

dfspcc20

Interesting observation with TocoVit. It seems to get rid of some chronic pain I've had near my left scapula, though only temporarily. I'm guessing that might be due to the progesterone-like effects of vitamin E?

Another theory- a practitioner recently suggested the pain is related to issues with the midline cerebellum, based on tests using eye and other body movements. I was given some "exercises" which supposedly stimulate the midline cerebellum. These exercises also make the pain go away (also temporarily).

Did a quick look up of midline cerebellum (or cerebellar vermis) disorders, and vitamin e deficiency can be a cause, though supposedly rare. Analyzing my diet in Cronometer always shows an extremely low vitamin E intake from food. I went through a period (thankfully brief) many years ago where I was consuming tablespoons for "Total EFA" oil per day. The pain did begin around that time. So I wouldn't be surprised if my vitamin E needs are higher.

There are other minor issues on my left side, such as stiffness, lack of coordination and sensation in certain areas. I can't say whether or not the TocoVit has made an impact on those.

So not that TocoVit necessarily solved any issues for me, but it is providing more clues.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting observation with TocoVit. It seems to get rid of some chronic pain I've had near my left scapula, though only temporarily. I'm guessing that might be due to the progesterone-like effects of vitamin E?

Another theory- a practitioner recently suggested the pain is related to issues with the midline cerebellum, based on tests using eye and other body movements. I was given some "exercises" which supposedly stimulate the midline cerebellum. These exercises also make the pain go away (also temporarily).

Did a quick look up of midline cerebellum (or cerebellar vermis) disorders, and vitamin e deficiency can be a cause, though supposedly rare. Analyzing my diet in Cronometer always shows an extremely low vitamin E intake from food. I went through a period (thankfully brief) many years ago where I was consuming tablespoons for "Total EFA" oil per day. The pain did begin around that time. So I wouldn't be surprised if my vitamin E needs are higher.

There are other minor issues on my left side, such as stiffness, lack of coordination and sensation in certain areas. I can't say whether or not the TocoVit has made an impact on those.

So not that TocoVit necessarily solved any issues for me, but it is providing more clues.

Excellent, thanks for sharing! Any info on dosing and route of administration?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
how long does it take for absorption thru skin?

The fat soluble vitamins take a bit longer to properly absorb. Some absorbs within the first minute but it probably takes a good 30min for absorption to reach a plateau.

acrylic

I don't notice a different in effect between these two bottles, but I do have to say that tocovit is, by far, my favorite supplement of all time. It makes me feel really good--really relaxed. While I generally don't feel good on vitamin e supplements, and get some throat irritation, this one gives me nothing of the sort. I just feel good on it.

It's also reducing a lot of inflammation I have in my nose. The tip of my nose has gotten thinner and more refined, and a surgical lump from a septoplasty has gotten much smaller.

The new batches have much less residual oil from the wheat germ oil they are produced from. So, while they are standardized to have the same vitamin E dose as before there may be more squalene and more lanosterol as a result of the less residual oils. All in all, should make it even more potent product. Please report any difference in effects from the two batches.

Mito

I don't think there are any significant amounts of tocotrienols. The breakdown is roughly 60% alpha tocopherol, 20% delta tocopherol, 10% gamma tocopherol and 10% beta tocopherol. I will post a more specific analysis in the original post when I get the formal paperwork from the vendor.
Did you receive the more specific analysis from vendor yet?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Did you receive the more specific analysis from vendor yet?

No, but I sent a sample to another lab we use. When I get the results I will post here.

Orion

TocoVit contains quite a bit of squalene

I am curious how much the amount is per 20 drop serving? Gonadin seems to be working very well for me, is squalene in ~mg amounts in Tocovit?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am curious how much the amount is per 20 drop serving? Gonadin seems to be working very well for me, is squalene in ~mg amounts in Tocovit?

I don't know. Will have to do the full analysis of TocoVit to find that out and that is NOT cheap.